What's new

I want to buy Playstation Vita mainly for Mortal Kombat

Hello everyone once again I'm posting after some time of absence. Just a couple words: I'm starting to love MK more and more and I'm trying everything to get better at it, so I decided that I wanna train when I'm on a train. Joking lol, but yeah, basically that's what it is, I want to make use of those times when I'm not at home and would otherwise have nothing to do (on train, waiting for whatever, etc). That's why I'm buying Vita, part of the reason is also my nostalgia for childhood when I used to play gameboys and whatnot. Yeah, as funny as it might sound for a person my age, but that's a part of the reason too.

So why am I opening this thread? The answer is simple, I want to ask you, especially if anyone already have experience with Vita or MK9 on this platform. From what I've heard MK for Vita is great and even has some features that were noit included in console/PC version. I'll probably also play Injustice cause I heard it's available too. But which version of Vita should I buy, older or newer Vita slim (2000)? I really want to go with Vita slim because I heard it's better and naturally why not buy new and improved. I really hope all older games which were made for first Vita are playable just the same on new model (MK included).

Another important question is whether should I buy any add-ons to make my playing experience better? From my research on Amazon, I could easily say that some form of grip/joystick emulator should be a must for much better playing experience. Here I'll post links to what I was looking, and I encourage you to write your opinions on the matter.

Add-ons
Nyko power grip
16gb memory card
case
earphones
And, of course, the game :)
game

Whatchu think about that? Everything ok or did I miss anything, should I buy another grip maybe?
Thanks guyz

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
As Mike said the game is great but there is no online anymore. I would definitely buy the 16gb its pretty cheap now and what ever version vita you buy all games will still work. You dont need the grip especially if this is for on the go gaming.

As Mike said the game is great but there is no online anymore. I would definitely buy the 16gb its pretty cheap now and what ever version vita you buy all games will still work. You dont need the grip especially if this is for on the go gaming.
Aight thanks! I'll buy it straight away with the mem card and earphones

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I played 20 or so matches on Vita online when I got it, connection was great for the most part. My biggest problem was that my execution was garbage on Vita, I think the analog is too close to the D-Pad for me, so I'd knock it during a combo and get random moves. I don't even have fat hands either. I can use Kabal pretty well on Vita, but other stuff that's seemingly less execution heavy is rough for me.

Game is great if you're traveling and want to practice stuff or just beat up the AI, plus the extra Vita stuff like the Tower is a great addition.

Matix218

Get over here!
As everyone said already, despite the online servers being gone... the game is still phenomenal on vita. Runs at consistent 60fps (unlike injustice for vita).

Couple of weird differences between console version and vita version like weird damage scaling on some characters combos (sindel is one I believe) and also smokes resets do not work on vita. Controls feel just like a ds2 once you get used to the d pad and closer together buttons. If you want to practice combos on the go it is absolutely perfect. Its my favorite vita game by a mile, wish online still worked. .. it was actually quite good when it did

Thanks everybody for replies! But I still want to know one thing, I'm still leaning toward buying some form of a grip to make it more of a controller feel, I'd really love to experience that type of feel when playing.
Now basically from what I've read so far there's only 2 or 3 good alternatives, first being some ordinary grip which just makes the vita a little bigger and protects it, then you have the "pdp" trigger grip, which kinda transforms your vita triggers into more console-style analog triggers. And the last option is a variety of "batarang-shaped" grips like for example nyko power grip, which is more expensive, but has it's own battery which should increase the vita battery life by at least once.

I really love the idea of having some form of faux analog triggers on vita, and on the other hand I also love the idea of having my battery life doubled. There are mixed reviews of those grips, some people like the "trigger grip" more, while others swear by "nyko power grip", which doesn't sport any trigger modifications, but supposedly feels superior and more comfortable in hand.

What to do here, I really want to try out at least one type of a vita grip, but can't find any info on which ones would be better for fighters like MK.

Any suggestions would be great

Links:
pdp trigger grip
nyko power grip.

Another problem is that the pdp trigger grip isn't available for the vita slim model (at least on amazon.uk), so I'm leaning more towards nyko even though the pricing is way higher on the latter.