What's new

I want Horror Kombat aka NRS's Terrordome: The Game!!

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
This game will never happen, by the way. At least not by the hands of any real developers like NRS. There's way too many characters that you'd need the rights to. WB owns Freddy and Jason, but I don't know about the rest.
Yeah, I guess getting all those rights would be a bitch...

Tim Static

Adminerator
I bring this up after seeing Ed Boon talk about it on his twitter page, and this is something I know I've discussed in the past with others (before 2013 of course :coffee: ) and while MK10 would be awesome, yadda yadda yadda i can see how the whole MK idea can be getting boring for NRS as well. We got Freddy in MK9..........Jason shoulda been in there too.........but fuck it. Like with DC, get the licensing for the horror movie icons & make a fighting game just featuring those characters (Scorpion DLC of course. -__- ) Heck, even go back to using digitalized characters like arcade MK using actors for some of the characters lol, and make it a XBL/PSN downloadable game. Something simple but awesome characters, lots of blood & gore with characters we're as familiar with as MK characters.

I'd love the idea, but that way we can get a "sequel" to Shaolin Monks. :coffee:

I wish i knew what picture that was.....

btw this post was started in October of 2013. :coffee:

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
How have I never heard of this before? This is something my friends and I have talked about forever... Holy crap. @Tim Static thank you for introducing me to this!

Alright so I downloaded it and it's actually pretty fun. Quick question to anyone here who might have any memory of playing it... How the hell do you grab? Certain specials list stuff like Grab+Punch x3. But the controls don't list a grab key anywhere.

Tim Static

Adminerator
How have I never heard of this before? This is something my friends and I have talked about forever... Holy crap. @Tim Static thank you for introducing me to this!

Alright so I downloaded it and it's actually pretty fun. Quick question to anyone here who might have any memory of playing it... How the hell do you grab? Certain specials list stuff like Grab+Punch x3. But the controls don't list a grab key anywhere.
I've never actually played it. While its a great idea, it looks like total shit to play LOL. Search the web to find some info, and maybe share it on TYM as well (a new thread of course! :p )

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I've never actually played it. While its a great idea, it looks like total shit to play LOL. Search the web to find some info, and maybe share it on TYM as well (a new thread of course! :p )
I have searched! And unsurprisingly there isn't a whole lot of information out there haha.

I've only played a few matches so far, but I'd say it's up there with games like Clayfighter. Not really that great, but fun to screw around with. So far at least!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I have searched! And unsurprisingly there isn't a whole lot of information out there haha.

I've only played a few matches so far, but I'd say it's up there with games like Clayfighter. Not really that great, but fun to screw around with. So far at least!
Cool. I mean, it would be cool if you could find more info on it and share it here if you can. But yea, I don't really want to play it but I'd LOVE to see NRS do it right.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Cool. I mean, it would be cool if you could find more info on it and share it here if you can. But yea, I don't really want to play it but I'd LOVE to see NRS do it right.
I will say this much for anyone who wants to play it. I you are having issues with it detecting your gamepad or stick just download xpadder and map the buttons to keyboard commands. That's what I had to do.

It has the full move lists in the pause menu and even has a meter system with "ultra" style movies. For a free indie game they are pretty rad, though they don't compare to Ultras or x-rays obviously.

Edit* I figured out how to grab! It's down, forward, punch.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
1. This thread was made over 2 years ago.

2. With the addition of Leatherface & Xenomorph into the the Kombat Pack 2 for MKX, it's definitely time for NRS to do a horror movie based fighting game.

leggo, NRS. :coffee:
Please, let them make that game so they stop putting them in MK games.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I bring this up after seeing Ed Boon talk about it on his twitter page, and this is something I know I've discussed in the past with others (before 2013 of course :coffee: ) and while MK10 would be awesome, yadda yadda yadda i can see how the whole MK idea can be getting boring for NRS as well. We got Freddy in MK9..........Jason shoulda been in there too.........but fuck it. Like with DC, get the licensing for the horror movie icons & make a fighting game just featuring those characters (Scorpion DLC of course. -__- ) Heck, even go back to using digitalized characters like arcade MK using actors for some of the characters lol, and make it a XBL/PSN downloadable game. Something simple but awesome characters, lots of blood & gore with characters we're as familiar with as MK characters.

I'd love the idea, but that way we can get a "sequel" to Shaolin Monks. :coffee:
I don't think anyone realizes this thread was made in 2013

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Now that I see it... I wholeheartedly support this movement. Need to funnel that B-movie trash somewhere so it isn't dumped into MK which almost managed to break up with such legacy.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
The creeper would make a really cool fighting game character.

What ever happened to Jeepers Creepers 3? That was supposed to be out years ago.
Well this may of been posted in 2013 but it's coming now! :p

But yes I do think that if NRS is getting tired of Kombat, they can do a Triple A published "Terrordrome" like game.

It's very striking to me that this thread was made two years ago... And is still relevant given the context.

Though one has to wonder how much interest is with NRS to make a horror icon fighting game. I still think WB is the one pushing the horror characters onto people, with NRS liking the ideas.

I could be wrong but they'll never say it publically.