What's new

Question I wanna hear the Sheeva mains!

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I know Injustice is everyone's game right now for the most part, but MK is still one hell of a fun game. I know I love it and that why I dropped Liu Kang a couple months back for my original main, Sheeva and that is why I wanna know if the Community is still alive? We play one of the most fun characters in the game, so for this thread I wanna know:

When did you start playing Sheeva:
If it wasn't day one, Who did you drop to play Sheeva:
Why do you main her:
Are there any matches where you will NOT use Sheeva:

And Let's be serious here, Sheeva top 10? ;D

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I totally agree, her comeback factor is awesome. Whenever you mix her pressure, with smart meter usage and good stomps, your opponent will panic. Jeremiah taught me everything I know about Sheeva so I did have the perfect trainer. I actually like playing those tough matches (Kabal, Kenshi, Sonya, Smoke, etc) with her because it makes me play smart and not throw out random stomps or EX every grab. I learn from getting beat, and try to figure out how to blow them up next time. IT so much fun. Haha

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I've been playing Sheeva since MK3 in the 90's. For MK9, she was one of the first characters I picked up after Stryker and I've played her ever since for the last over two years although I did shift my focus to Jade because everyone siad she was awful lol, but I will always play Sheeva a lot.

I mained Sheeva back in MK3 because her win pose was so elegant, fireballs and I've always loved telestomp <3. I like that Sheeva's thing is being a powerful bruiser whereas a lot of female characters in fighting games are fast, small and graceful...Sheeva's this big powerhouse lol. I liked her original story especially about her motivations for honor above all else and loyalty to her people above all else.

I'm a character loyalist and I don't particularly worry about super tough match ups with my mains or secondaries...I know Sheeva has quite a lot particularly obnoxious ones are Kitana and Mileena. I like fighting Kung Lao and Kenshi with Sheeva though :p. So yes, I'd use her in any match up as long as I enjoy using her.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Hmmm....where to begin with sheeva..

I know I definitely started playing her when she debuted in MK3 and pretty much every game she was in during the 90s when i was getting into the video gaming world. lol...

I feel what drew me into the character was just how everything about her screamed unusual...and I mostly play female characters so I knew I had to play her. Aside dedicated main (sindel) sheeva just kept me amused. She wasn't the petite and pretty female character and I felt she always meant business as the bruiser out bunch.

I always loved her costume, the fact she had 4 arms, she bled green blood (at the time), even her special moves were just cool, and I always felt she was always better than kintaro/goro although the developers refuse to make her better than them..lol. I feel sheeva isn't for everybody...either you like her or you don't.

Now MK9..I didn't jump to her day 1 like others..but she was on my list to play. Once I understood the game a bit more I then picked her up. She was a bit frustrating at first for me and I eventually put her down...but went back to play her again because I was determined to learn her.

Even though she is god-awful slow and is low-tier that hasn't stopped me playing her. She could be butt ass from every game on out and I would still play the character. I know she has a lot of tough matches...but believe it or not I don't play this game to win. Of course I would love to win but I play MK because I love playing it, want to get better and its fun for me. I've taken many losses with sheeva, even with her worst match-ups but it doesn't stop me from playing her. I just roll with whats been handed to me cause I love the character...

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps

I'm sorry, I had to...

Honestly, Sheeva was fun to play with for a little while. I never thought about considering maining her. Just no.

peachyO

Noob
in MK, there are two classes of characters: 1. sheeva/sindel, and 2. everone else.

i have mained her since the day MK3 came out. in any game she is in, she has been, and will be, my main. whether she is a powerhouse (MK3, UMK3), a jobber (MK2011), or anywhere in between (MK: A), i am a die-hard loyalist. she is gorgeous, sexy, deadly, and (if only NRS would fix her so she could reflect her true potential) the perfect combination of class, speed, power, and brutality. i remain fiercely loyal and hope the next MK will finally present her as she deserves to be presented: as an unstoppable goddess of death and destruction, with damage, frame data, and speed to match.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I first layed my hands on Sheeva with MK3. And while i did find her design and moves to be interesting, i was a much bigger fan of Sub-Zero at the time. It wasnt until MK9 that i picked her back up again. After seeing her gameplay videos i knew she would be my main without a doubt. From her re-design to her moves to her overall character, everything just clicked.

Despite her having alot of unfavorable matchups in this game, i never dropped her. Picked up other characters along the way but she was always the one i played at my best with. Whether im against other low tiers or Kabal himself, i kept at the matchups until i was better able to contend. I do hope if there is ever another patch for Mk9 or if shes implemented into MK10 she gets some proper buffs without making her overpowered (though after suffering so many horrendous matchups for this long it'd be some sweet revenge :D)