What's new

Question I Use Green Arrow & People Use Deathstrike to Assault Rifle Me To Death (How to overcome this?)

So I am noticing, when I beat people with Green Arrow, they immediately run to Deathstroke. I will beat them with any other character they use, but when they run to deathstroke, they're strategy is run to the edge of the screen and machine gun funk me all day.

You can't duck under it, and if you block it, it still takes a good amount of health.

Need help from the top players on here, how do you over come this cheap exploit? (Using Green Arrow)

Good players please add input. Thanks.

GearDigital

If I am reincarnated; I wanna become a clam.
So I am noticing, when I beat people with Green Arrow, they immediately run to Deathstroke. I will beat them with any other character they use, but when they run to deathstroke, they're strategy is run to the edge of the screen and machine gun funk me all day.

You can't duck under it, and if you block it, it still takes a good amount of health.

Need help from the top players on here, how do you over come this cheap exploit? (Using Green Arrow)

Good players please add input. Thanks.
Same problem. I normally just hit him with a freeze arrow. I don't have a truly damaging BnB though, so I cant inflict enough damage to blow him up properly. I'm waiting for some so post in G.A. thread. Until then, I'm free as a bird to Deathstroke and Cyborg.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
deathstrokes guns on block give most characters a free dash, just corner them and do a lot of reversals on their guns.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Deathstroke=most braindead character in injustice
Yeah, it took me about 30 minutes to become ridiculous with him. At high level, DS will become more of a science and less braindead as time goes on, but right now with the tools he has he obviously has a leg up on the entire cast who rely more on movement and frame data. Without a doubt will be the most hated by casual players and pocketed by a ton of people, including myself.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Find a way to get an ice arrow out and freeze his ankles. End the combo with 33~db4 (to pull out another ice arrow) and they will ease up on spamming so much for fear of being frozen again.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Get Green Arrow's freezing shot out. Deathstroke's shots are simple to duck/jump against because the timing is very precise. Shoot him with freezing arrow and then punish and pressure him after you get a knockdown.

His f+M, d+L~H string is really good to mix up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Get Green Arrow's freezing shot out. Deathstroke's shots are simple to duck/jump against because the timing is very precise. Shoot him with freezing arrow and then punish and pressure him after you get a knockdown.

His f+M, d+L~H string is really good to mix up.
What mixup? They block that string, then what can Arrow do? His mixup comes from f+M~ff+MB (overhead instead of low and costs 2 bars) and his low/overhead arrows.

Oh damn. I just created a new thread called Green Arrow vs. Deathstroke. (I created this thread out in the open Injustice forum)

Mods,
Respectfully request you close this thread or unify it with the one I just opened? (Or close the one I just created?) Apologies for the clutter/confusion - I was not aware you had moved this into the Green Arrow Forum.

I can't believe all hate for deathstroke.....all cause of his zoning game. It's good but.....it is predictable....the ones u have to really worry about r ds user's who know all of his moves.....and will get 20 to 30% combo's on u & kick u back to other end of the screen. Then bait u back in with the zoning. The game is way too new to start complaining about match ups yet....most ppl don't even know whats really going on yet. I use ds.....because he has strengths everywhere. Decent combo's......good zoning. The catch is.....he can get run down by bats, nightwing, flash, lantern, superman.......just to name a few. I've lost to all these players online and vs the computer on hard. Now, i'm not the greatest player in the world.....not even close.....but if he was so good. I would win more often with him. I'm accurate and i can pull off some decent 20 to 30% combo's with him reliably....and make good reads. Obviously if i hit u or u block the first two pistol shots.....i'm gonna shoot above u with the machine gun....ppl tend to naturally think in 3's. But if u block dash ur way into half screen....i'm gonna have to get creative or give up the zoning for some good old hand to hand combat....which DS is not really all that good at.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Like Sinestro's projectile, can you only duck DS' machine gun at half-screen? I swear at full screen he lights me up even if I'm ducking.

But yeah, my strat against him is just to stay in the mid range or up close, don't let him get away and create space. Ice arrows are cool, but I think the fire opens up better opportunities more consistently. Ice is just too slow sometimes, while with the fire you get 3 shots and potentially 3 knock downs to which you can more easily close the gap. GA's forward dash is crazy fast, with DS on the ground you can get in for a mix up pretty quickly.

With GA, to me at least, the key is the arrow transitions and picking the right time to switch play styles. Balancing ice/elec arrow combo damage, with regular arrow staggers and fire knock downs will keep who ever guessing.

cyke_out

Noob
With GA, to me at least, the key is the arrow transitions and picking the right time to switch play styles. Balancing ice/elec arrow combo damage, with regular arrow staggers and fire knock downs will keep who ever guessing.
That is how I'm finding Ollie too. He can out zone rushers, and out rush zoners. of course the inverse is true, he gets out zoned by zoners, and out rushed by rushers. He's about finding the right flow of the match, and exploiting your opponents weaknesses while trying to capitalize on the area of the game where you are the strongest. I mean, that is general strategy for anyone, but Arrow needs to be a little more free-flow compared to some characters who only have one style of fighting.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
That is how I'm finding Ollie too. He can out zone rushers, and out rush zoners. of course the inverse is true, he gets out zoned by zoners, and out rushed by rushers. He's about finding the right flow of the match, and exploiting your opponents weaknesses while trying to capitalize on the area of the game where you are the strongest. I mean, that is general strategy for anyone, but Arrow needs to be a little more free-flow compared to some characters who only have one style of fighting.
I think you are exactly right. GA can, and I think is, suppose to rely on his versatlity in the fight and excells when the pace is dictated by him, whether that be slow or fast.

Off topic, but the hardest match up I've had with him so far has been Batman to be honest. Since Bats can play the same game as GA (I'm on the fence as to whether he is better at it), he's a tough opponent to out zone or rush. I'm currently tryin to dig deeper his set ups using the jump/angled down arrows, and his angled explosive arrow to control the mid range. IMO Bat's wins the zoning game because of those damn bats and the grapple, and his rush his is just better since his has a low starter, thus better mix-ups. The mid-range is all that I can see where GA can win out right if played correctly, but still Batman has options.

Well spoken and so true.

Green Arrow's arrow speed is like this:
Fire - Fastest (Most damage, can't be combo'd midscreen) Best punish for zoners
Normal
Electric (same damage as fire)
Ice - Slowest (No damage, can be combo'd anywhere)

So, i picked up GA....and this match up is actually pretty even. The strats i used to beat DS's goes as follows.

1. I low block everything and almost never jump unless i'm in cross range....and even then it's very rare.

2. I try to hold mid screen with low block and arrows.(i dash block my way in) All of the power up arrows r great, once one of them has landed u can dash in and go for a mix up, throw or bait the sword flip which is fully punishable with b3, b3 for 20% (super easy even online). Also from mid screen the grenade generally will go right over ur head....saving u the heartache of dealing with that overhead....and if u low freeze him ur in...if he jumps in u have D2 or 4b. (i say 4 and then b b/c u have to hold b while he's letting the arrow go)

3. This works on ds but also works on many other spammers like night wing and superman. Jump shooting dwn....or up depending the trend, most "scrubs", as we call em (ppl who only know special moves no real tactics or combos). GA has the best zoning options in the game....he can shoot u from almost anywhere. U have 4b, 4jd, 4j and 4d....add this with all the different arrow types....u'll find he has a huge range advantage on anyone....then add in his up close or pressure game & he can pretty much hang with the entire cast.