What's new

General/Other - Ermac I Truly Believe Ermac is the BEST Character in the Game

@SylverRye note that I was not apart of that.

Ermac has a hard time with Ethereal, Displacer, Hellfire & Crystalline. Outside of that he can generally hold his own.

Side note. Ermac can win without risking mix ups. Great staggers, safe strings, Anti Airs, damage and neutral control etc etc etc

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
The 50/50 is what safe Beyond toxin's ass from losing to Destroyer in Kombat cup #7. If that wasn't the case, destroyer would have won the last round.

So to answer your question, Ermac is pretty shit without 50/50.
Im just gonna assume you're trolling and laugh along with you.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
@SylverRye note that I was not apart of that.

Ermac has a hard time with Ethereal, Displacer, Hellfire & Crystalline. Outside of that he can generally hold his own.

Side note. Ermac can win without risking mix ups. Great staggers, safe strings, Anti Airs, damage and neutral control etc etc etc
Note but isn't a fact. My bad for ruining.

Error

DF2+R2
I feel like Mileena is better, she basically does everything he does better with the exception of 50/50s. And ex fade is better than ex push.

Reactions: GAV

M2Dave

Zoning Master
i cant see why youd play crystalline over metallic when you break the mu down on all parts of the screen.
Combining flex with EX rolling stone, which now jails into f+1 easier than ever before, results in loop-able pressure that was only available to some characters pre-patch. When used in strings, EX rolling stone is a superior version of the current EX kunai because of its quicker recovery and flex, which punishes lots of armored attacks on hit, including a point blank EX push now. This tech is also the one that Tremor players were hiding for a couple of months.

There is no reason to pick Aftershock or Metallic over Crystalline because Crystalline has the best offense in an offensive-based game, albeit the god-like armor EX d,b+1 has been removed. Even in a match up like HQT Predator whom Crystalline Tremor has a difficult time approaching, Crystalline is the preferred variation. When you corner Predator and activate flex, his defensive options are very limited. But even without flex, EX stab is too slow to punish EX rolling stone when used in most strings.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
This thread made me smile. I've said for a while now that Ermac is a strong contender for one of the best in the game. I honestly believe if you can't win a MU with one of his variations, the answer will lie with the other 2.

There can't be a definitive number 1 character in this game now. It's hard to even pick out a solid top 5 without the feeling someone is missing.

So to answer your question, Ermac is pretty shit without 50/50.
And as for you! Have a B1 and sit down.