The Ignore Button Is Free
Now before I start:

-No I did not get bopped by an Ermac player
-No I am not complaining
-No i am not asking for nerfs.
-Yes I've been in the lab with him
-Yes I know the MU

Ok now that that's out the way, I shall start

Guys, I truly believe Ermac is the best character in the game. I would like to have a discussion about this because I feel like it would lead to good convos and none of that dick riding that's been seen in other threads lately. I also would like to challenge the community to convince me otherwise because at this point, I can't imagine another character better than him outside of Mileena...POSSIBLY (I'll get to that in a bit)

Why do I think he's the best you ask? I'll lay it out for you:

-Easily one of the best armored move in the game. Possibly the best
-Some of the best mixups in the game. Somewhat safe.
-Fantastic set of anti airs consisting of
B1,F3,D1,D2,D3, and D4. Did I miss any?
-Good buttons that can be used in just about any situation
-Very good frames with normals and strings, thus helping with his pressure and staggers
-Good meterless damage
-ALWAYS has meter. Couple this with the fact that he has good meterless damage and that means he has a reversal and breaker ready at all times pretty much.
-Good jump normals. Really hard to AA him w.o armor
-All 3 variations are very good and viable. Each are good in the neutral in one way or the other

That's all I can think of off the top right now but I'm sure you guys will add some to it. Now I'm sure people are gonna say "lol bro sektor/smoke/mileena/shinnok". I feel like he's better than them. Ermac literally has tools for everything. EVERY.SINGLE.THING. The only other character who I can think of that rivals him is Mileena since she pretty much does everything also.

Now I'm in no way saying he's OP or needs his own tier or anything like that. I'm just expressing my opinion on him in this current state of the game. I could very well be wrong, and I'm man enough to accept that, but I just don't see how I could be.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
As someone whose training partner mains the character and as someone who sees how the nerf to armoured launchers sent Spectral SOARING up tiers in terms of a matchup chart I would happily agree. Very hard to find an actual losing matchup for this maniac of a character. Even the hard ones like Hellfire and Crystalline seem like 5-5s at worst.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't understand why Crystalline Tremor beats him. Tremor's armor is really stupid vs Kenshi as well, but Kenshi has faster pokes than Tremor, so I just wait for my turn and poke. Ermac has a 6 frame poke, I don't understand why he couldn't just use that. You don't have to end strings that he'll punish either. There are mind games to his armor. Maybe stagger B12, or something.

I'm not sure about #1 but he's definitely super good.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Every Ermac player I've spoken to has Crystalline as a bad match up, but im no Ermac player.

Maybe Ragnarok can shed some light on that.

I think he's definitely in the conversation for best in the game, if nothing else.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Every Ermac player I've spoken to has Crystalline as a bad match up, but im no Ermac player.

Maybe Ragnarok can shed some light on that.

I think he's definitely in the conversation for best in the game, if nothing else.
I play a bit of Mystic and do really well vs EUs top Crystaline players

I would like to play this vs a US Crystaline player that Ermac players are having trouble with

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think so too. Maybe Shinnok or Mileena or Sonya(why is she suddenly not being mentioned when Demo was considered number 1 pre patch by most, she didn't really change that much) too.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
why is she suddenly not being mentioned when Demo was considered number 1 pre patch by most, she didn't really change that much
The one player whose made her super scary didn't play her (in the matches I saw) in the last tournament and he thinks Smoke is better. If the character isn't showing up all the time in tournaments it tends to fall out of people's minds, hence this thread.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The one player whose made her super scary didn't play her (in the matches I saw) in the last tournament and he thinks Smoke is better. If the character isn't showing up all the time in tournaments it tends to fall out of people's minds, hence this thread.
Yeah more than likely that's why. I just don't like the logic of "if it's not played it isn't good"

Espio

Kokomo
There are over 90 variations so even if Ermac has a couple actual bad match ups, it really doesn't disqualify him from being at the top.

Being the best does not mean you don't have bad match ups. Not saying he is or isn't the best in the game mind you.

Error

DF2+R2
Sonya has a history of being overlooked since MK9