What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu I too want to be a part of the Shirai Ryu...

Help me sharpen my takeda, I couldnt tell if this guy was spamming or if he was using his mixups properly either way let me know what I need to do to be a better player based upon this video....

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This guy is really not using his mixups properly. He seems to be in the phase that most players go through when they're starting to learn the game: The "I'll just do whatever and he'll get hit" phase. He was doing F2s into throw, teleport into 11 (ignoring how - he can be after a teleport gets blocked), doing extremely risky and weirdly timed teleports in general, random ass EX-takedowns and he barely blocked during the match.

In my opinion, this guy really wasn't that good if you look at what he's trying to accomplish. He made a lot of very risky choices and seemed to do any attack that popped into his head. This can be quite difficult to fight however, as this type of play has an insane unpredictability to it. As such I don't think you losing was due to bad play.

What you had to do was flip the switch of playing patiently. Often times you were making reads as to what he was going to do, at least a lot of your NJPs gave me that impression. Thing is, against players like this, you can't really get inside their head because they haven't developed a clear gameplan yet and are just doing random moves. Instead, you have to play defensively and sometimes just stand still for a moment. Chances are high he will do a random teleport or a random takedown, which you can full combo punish. Another thing you could have done, because he barely blocked, is put him in the corner and constantly do B21~Kunai. Because of how he plays, I'm fairly certain he won't respect kunai being like +20 on hit. As such you can just put him in a blender by doing this over and over again.

This guy is really not using his mixups properly. He seems to be in the phase that most players go through when they're starting to learn the game: The "I'll just do whatever and he'll get hit" phase. He was doing F2s into throw, teleport into 11 (ignoring how - he can be after a teleport gets blocked), doing extremely risky and weirdly timed teleports in general, random ass EX-takedowns and he barely blocked during the match.

In my opinion, this guy really wasn't that good if you look at what he's trying to accomplish. He made a lot of very risky choices and seemed to do any attack that popped into his head. This can be quite difficult to fight however, as this type of play has an insane unpredictability to it. As such I don't think you losing was due to bad play.

What you had to do was flip the switch of playing patiently. Often times you were making reads as to what he was going to do, at least a lot of your NJPs gave me that impression. Thing is, against players like this, you can't really get inside their head because they haven't developed a clear gameplan yet and are just doing random moves. Instead, you have to play defensively and sometimes just stand still for a moment. Chances are high he will do a random teleport or a random takedown, which you can full combo punish. Another thing you could have done, because he barely blocked, is put him in the corner and constantly do B21~Kunai. Because of how he plays, I'm fairly certain he won't respect kunai being like +20 on hit. As such you can just put him in a blender by doing this over and over again.
Dude thankyou so much that is literally the best constructive criticism ive ever gotten!!! and yes I played this fool like 10 times and I was trying to be humble but it looks like he was learning the game

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Also, I'd like to give you a couple solid combos to start you off. Because he rarely blocked, you would likely be able to catch him with F122+4, giving you a full combo.

- F122+4 (first hit) ~teleport, NJP, 44~BF1.

- 112~BF2MB, B21~teleport, 33~BF1.

- NJP, jump-in kick~teleport, 33~BF1.

Also, I'd like to give you a couple solid combos to start you off. Because he rarely blocked, you would likely be able to catch him with F122+4, giving you a full combo.

- F122+4 (first hit) ~teleport, NJP, 44~BF1.

- 112~BF2MB, B21~teleport, 33~BF1.

- NJP, jump-in kick~teleport, 33~BF1.
oh thatnkyou i already know all those i just didnt use them because I choked so hard i was like wtf is this guy doing??? lololol But thankyou I wish i had my xbox set ro record 5 min instead of 3 because there were some nice combos but i still need to learn how to capitalize on my opponets mistakes.....

Kripplin

cat-o'-nine-tails
oh thatnkyou i already know all those i just didnt use them because I choked so hard i was like wtf is this guy doing??? lololol But thankyou I wish i had my xbox set ro record 5 min instead of 3 because there were some nice combos but i still need to learn how to capitalize on my opponets mistakes.....
welcome to the club, i have a lot of videos of takeda SR on my twitch, this link seems to be a favorite it has alot of hits i did play well that day. https://www.twitch.tv/kripplin/v/67153633 but lots of stuff some good some bad, its the highs and lows of the FGC...

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I lose to more people who dont know what theyre doing compared to people who are actually better than me. pshhhh what do i expect, tryna get them to respek my plus frames