What's new

i think we need a new "TIER" list for xbla umk3!!

ok, i suggest that someone make a new tier list here for xbla umk3, some things are not the same as they are in the arcade verison.

the lag of this game has changed tier list for some chars for the better.
i think it sucks, but, everyone should be aware of it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We made a minor alteration for a "kaillera" tier list based on the good connection setting. On XBLA there is far less overall lag so it's not quite as specific. The only changes I would make are Nightwolf moves up to quite possibly number 1 in lag conditions because of the tackle pressure after moves where you are unable to recover from block and attack fast enough. In most situations after NW's combo when blocked, you shouldn't be able to do a tackle safely, but in lag it generally is. Also, when NW is knocked down, he tends to be able to jump over the character and get a free cross up combo after a missed HK from the other player. This should be blockable almost to the frame but you often get hit into a 50%+ combo. NW's rush down is essentially enhanced because it's far easiern to spam out offense with him than it is to defend out of real time. NW is entirely beatable with sweeps and keep away otherwise.

Kabal is not wholly powered up by lag because it effects his movement just as much as the other characters.

Teleport uppercuts are also 75% more successful randomly done when there's any lag. It moves Robot Smoke up a bit, and Sektor slightly.

Sub-zero's iceclone becomes a little more useful in close range due to the chances of not stopping on a dime when it comes out. There are many times where you will run in and just simply become frozen against your will.

There are some others, but the basic tier list is the same with more potential for a few characters who can really take advantage.

Again, it's not as bad as Kaillera, if it were, I know I wouldn't be doing so well. The lag is tolerable even when it's there.

i also would like to add the fact any char with a slide moves up too, extremly! they are virtual unpunisable, its next to a free move.

Konqrr said:
Not true, slides are very punishable.
How do you usually counter the slide? The only times I've countered it was with accidental LPs. They always immediately block following the slide.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You need to let go of block the instant it hits you and counter, they can't block if you are quick. I do it all the time.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah punishing slides isn't as hard as it is on Kaillera. If there is enough lag on XBLA for you to not be able to punish slides, there's too much lag to be playing at all and slides should be the least of your worries. Remember if you are punishing one, to use a knee lift starting combo, or a containment if you have it. With someone like Human Smoke, you can even wait until the first frame of Sub or Reptile to stand up before hitting the LP after buffering. Try not to block them ducking either.

Also, 95% of the slides I do are 100% unblockable with Reptile or Unmasked Sub-zero to begin with.

we know that slides are blockable. its the fact that people can do them over and over, and you have to block because of the lag, and thats alll you get for it, a block. ofcourse there punishable but, this latency leave a next to zero window.

its an advantage in this verison of xbla,due lag. its very ugly and tiresome. whats worse reptile and classic sub have pop ups with slides very dangerous. if you wanted to you could zone someone to death with this slide. its really not a perfect world but, im pointing out the CHEEZ

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What the Hell are you talking about? Did I not type clearly enough? Slides are not as big a problem as you are making it out to be. It doesn't increase anyone's tier level. 8% damage for an unblocked slide and 2% RISKY chip damage is not an advantage. I mean, you can "accidentally" knee lift combo through a slide online...

you really couldnt zone someone to death with slides. You see, when you slide too much, the opponent catches on, and might start doing ground iceclones alot if theyre unmasked sub, or any thing that can take out someone doing a slide. so you never really win when you start abusing things. Most cheezy things arent all that cheap.

ahhh pooiey!!! forget it... its just really pointless to talk about anything!!

wow, this game is great! they did a great job. im out!!

dreemernj

Ambassador
Bob Dole said:
ahhh pooiey!!! forget it... its just really pointless to talk about anything!!

wow, this game is great! they did a great job. im out!!
Its pointless because you are arguing that slides are abuseable in this game because they cannot be countered due to lag. But that isn't a game problem. thats a You problem. It sounds like you just haven't gotten used to how to counter them yet the way others have.

Lag makes the slides harder to punish but they don't become some powerhouse move because of it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Look at the title of your thread. You want a new tier list because of lag, but in reality, it only helps a few characters, mainly Nightwolf. It was explained as to who gets the most out of it, but you take it further by insisting that unpunishable slides are a problem. It is a problem on Kaillera, it's a problem by milliseconds. I get enough perfect to near perfect games for it not to matter. Maybe it's your connection or location, but I have never even been beaten by a Sub-zero or Reptile player on ranked matches.

Although, I do agree with the original poster that lag will influence the way you can play, therefore what strategies you can use. So at the endof the day, the so called "tier list" will be effected by this, and will not correctly hold up. It will need to be changed alittle.

before you analyse and decide what the new tier list would look like, open your mind to creating a "tier table" or character matrix, its more realistic in "ranking" chracters anyway.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Open your mind to the fact that I WILL ban you if you continue to talk and talk without putting up.

Put up or shut up.