What's new

(I think new)option select tech for poke/staggers

DeftMonk

Noob
So I dunno how to make videos but I think this is super useful so I will post anyway. If you can understand what im saying feel free to use.
So the way I deal with staggers like Lao's F1 to defend against throw/stagger mix is an option select like I assume they will forward throw in the event of a throw then after f1 I block quilcky and u 2. If they throw it gets teched and if they f1 or poke again they flawless block. I am sure many of you do the same but this has one downside which you can see in tournament play quite frequently....If the opponent does nothing u do a hop attack and get blown up, usually juggled into a combo or some such. I just noticed today while I was labbing lao for a bit that there is no need to hit u and 2 simultaneously. This means if you hold block tap u and release block (very quickly) then for instance with Lao 212 if they poke, you get FB, throw you get tech, and do nothing 212 comes out and its your turn. I thought it was a good find and figured I would post it here for those that might want to incorporate it. Tiiming is really strict to get the throw tech's every time depending on what string you picked. Such as Lao's 212 has a 1 in it so you gotta get the timing perfect but johnny's 244 is no problem.

Unfortunately it has to use a string with no directional input so you can't do like block u release block f2 as you won't get the flawless block attakc and lose the OS. So you could technically still get blown up by d2.

Last edited: