What's new

I think I need a guide for the MK FGC

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
For the most part I've played fighting games online and have learned about frame data/tech through my own experiences over time. Besides randos in online, I've never been able to find players to consistently play sets/lab with. Most of the people I know on friend lists don't really play fighting games (much less mk), or can't really my level of experience out side of a friend of I know irl that plays competitively on a esports team. I've never been scene before and am usually nervous to join online communities or forums for fighting games (even though I'm usually quite the opposite with stuff like that irl lol). One of the reasons I joined TYM was to be able to get better at fighting games and officially insert myself into the fgc like I've always wanted.

I'm a fairly new member here. This is gonna be a dumb and redundant question to ask here, but:

As someone who usually goes about learning and playing fg's solo, how I find people in the community to practice with/learn stuff from?

I hope this blurb of mine made sense.

PoloExpress

I did something similar mkx and tekken7 but people just wouldn't be on the games anymore or would be on in general. To be honest that was also in the early months of release of those games, lots of casual players usually move on to something else over a month or two

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If you on XB1 I'd be happy to train with ya after I get the meta down and establish my main.
What I have always done is find players better than me at locals and fight them until you learn how to beat that crowd consistently then move on to training with a player that is better than you are then. Find your mistakes in these fights and lab it up in practice move to have better counters and the best reaction to hard tools against your character.
Learn matchups for your character and find at least a decent player that mains each character that way you can get some proper matchup knowledge and refine how you use your character.

Forums are the best place to find players online if you can't make it to tourny. You could find players online but most of them are not learning from there mistakes aside from a few.
After that you should be able to get in a team.

PoloExpress

Thanks everybody :p,

I'll definitely try make use of your suggestions. Not entirely sure about the scene thing though. I've checked here for some in my area (South Carolina), they didn't really seem to be very active for some time, but I assume the mk scene here will be back once the game releases.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Thanks everybody :p,

I'll definitely try make use of your suggestions. Not entirely sure about the scene thing though. I've checked here for some in my area (South Carolina), they didn't really seem to be very active for some time, but I assume the mk scene here will be back once the game releases.
Well no worries the online is the best we have seen which should open the door for online warriors trying to level up .get on social media and reach out to teams and try to schedule practice and even if you get bodied be respectful and record your matches, review them and refine your strategy.
Are you on XB1?

PoloExpress

Well no worries the online is the best we have seen which should open the door for online warriors trying to level up .get on social media and reach out to teams and try to schedule practice and even if you get bodied be respectful and record your matches, review them and refine your strategy.
makes sense

Are you on XB1?
Nah, I only have a ps4