What's new

I Sense Your Dread- Scarecrow Match Up Discussion

haketh

Noob
No I've tried that. If the f1 doesn't connect, you will get hit for full combo.

Id like to see whiteboi play the mu
Couldn't we just F3 at that range on reaction? Been a minute since I've played a set against a Robin so I could be wrong

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Any tips for the Atrocitus MU? This character just feels so damn oppresive to me. I've tried making use of pushblock while he has trait, but it feels like all it does is put me down a bar, while he's still playing his game because trait lasts fairly long. Also, it doesn't feel like I can play my game at all while the cat is out. Should I just respect the fact that he has trait out and hold everything?

Any tips for the Atrocitus MU? This character just feels so damn oppresive to me. I've tried making use of pushblock while he has trait, but it feels like all it does is put me down a bar, while he's still playing his game because trait lasts fairly long. Also, it doesn't feel like I can play my game at all while the cat is out. Should I just respect the fact that he has trait out and hold everything?
MB3 if you can block a string and then absorb dexstars orb seems to work consistently enough for me.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'm not at home but does db2 absorb the dexstarr fireball?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm not at home but does db2 absorb the dexstarr fireball?
It probably does, but he's usually doing it in conjunction with a normal. Maybe I could blow it up with MB DB2. Will have to mess around with it.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
It probably does, but he's usually doing it in conjunction with a normal. Maybe I could blow it up with MB DB2. Will have to mess around with it.
I've seen atrocitus players use that fireball to kind of force you to block the incoming block string, so it could possibly help with that. It probably isn't that helpful once he's actually in though

So Flash's D2 hitbox seems to get him out of some MB Fearferno pressure situations, which is not surprising, as he could low profile Supermans F2 in Injustice 1 as well.

For sure you can't follow up Fearferno with stand 2 on block, even though it's a mid and frame traps most characters. Need to lab.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
So Flash's D2 hitbox seems to get him out of some MB Fearferno pressure situations, which is not surprising, as he could low profile Supermans F2 in Injustice 1 as well.

For sure you can't follow up Fearferno with stand 2 on block, even though it's a mid and frame traps most characters. Need to lab.
If he tries that and you do b1 instead of standing 2, what happens?

Well red hood already seems like a bad matchup for crow. Good zoning and getaway with the stupid backroll and his wakeup game and parry helps him ALOT. fucking cancer matchup

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
What on earth are we supposed to do vs Deadshot? Legit seems unwinnable
Don't let him get away in the first place is your best bet. You start the match with strong spacing - shit goes haywire when he gets fullscreen. Other than that, walk-crouch his high shot, build a little meter with air blast and fear gas when you can, and teleport on a read that he'll do his laggier mid-hitting / low-hitting projectiles to catch you. It's a struggle getting into his sweetspot range where f1, j2 and mb.f3 are threats. And of course the battle isn't even over because his buttons are great when close.

It's a slow grinding struggle that only seems to work out if you hit him hard and fast in the beginning. Definitely tied for worst MU with Batman in my mind.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Inevitably, there will be a point when any good Deadshot player knows it's time to go in. Don't let them dash in and 50/50 you to full screen. Standing 2 does the trick. You want to force them into that decision and then exploit it.

UserJuke

Noob
Sorry if this has been discussed, but how do you avoid scarecrows command grab after strings? I notifed tons of people eating it during ceo like I do, and when I went into practive, ducking it doesnt work like i do with normal command grabs?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Sorry if this has been discussed, but how do you avoid scarecrows command grab after strings? I notifed tons of people eating it during ceo like I do, and when I went into practive, ducking it doesnt work like i do with normal command grabs?
Jump or backdash

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Other than jump and backdash, you can use an unthrowable move to get punish a tick throw attempt. Most (all?) characters can B3 to full combo punish his tick throws, for example.

Beach

La mejor playa
There's been a lot of talk about Scarecrow beating Black Adam. Could anyone explain to me why they think he does?
My guess would be Scarecrow can body him on knock down and can abuse F1 being a high. But BA still has a dominant force over scarecrow in MB divekick and his keep away IMO.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
There's been a lot of talk about Scarecrow beating Black Adam. Could anyone explain to me why they think he does?
J2 shuts down divekick from nearly fullscreen, making it a risk for BA to attempt. Crows damage rivals his as well, and d1 beats f1 for an easy conversion. F1 can jump over low lightning as well if timed correctly.

Its pretty even still, BA is an explosive character, and doesnt really need meter for much whereas we rely on it. We also kinda body him on knockdown.
Id say its even, if slightly in our favour, like 5.5/4.5.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
How the heck do you get out of Superman's F23/breath pressure?

He's the character I'm struggling the most with.