What's new

I Sense Your Dread- Scarecrow Match Up Discussion

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chongo and dribirut. Dribirut claiming that there is no where Scarecrow wins vs Cheetah and that he gets "bent over" and that Chongo is bad, so he doesn't respect his opinion.

Chongo says Scarecrow probably wins that MU.

Could either have them face each other, to settle dribirut's claims of Chongo being bad, or have them each face a Cheetah to see who does better?
I hate mirror matches with a burning passion but I'd be down. Although I guess maybe it would make more sense for the cheetah - scarecrow mu because that's what started the whole thing? Idk

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
YES please more grudge matches!
Back to topic, does anyone here have match vids playing good players? I am curious in what scarecrow has to offer.
NobleToxin has videos of him playing REO, KDZ, and other high level players on his twitch I think but other than that I don't know of any others off the top of my head. If you ever wanted to play online or something like that I would be down.

Edit: match of Toxin Vs KDZ

Aaaaaanyway...

Little help for the Aquaman match up. Fear Toxin reversal punishes Trident Rush at seemingly max range, so that's good.

Also, why does Scarecrow not build fear meter via parrying Robin's projectile? Bug? @colt

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
YES please more grudge matches!
Back to topic, does anyone here have match vids playing good players? I am curious in what scarecrow has to offer.
Yeah, Beyond Toxin's Scarecrow is the best to watch for competitive matches.

Here's another video of one of his matches from combo breaker:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
No that did happen... in Injustice online ranked... sinestro vs green arrow... with you living in Mexico.... one game...

I'm sorry how many top 8s/scalps do you have?
Not ranked it was a set and I used mmh .it was a mopping. I know not a great mu but hey I'll take it. And was living in Arizona at the time.

Tweedy

Noob
Toxin, Jdm, and Whiteboi are all crazy with Scarecrow. Character isn't lacking representation.

Although, Whiteboi did win half his matches at CB with Aquaman. Scumbag city.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
25-0 with postpatch kenshi on new netcode vs 1 game in ranked in a 7-3 or 8-2 MU against someone who has never done anything ever. Aha.
I see you wont admit to me thrashing you with mmh not just "one ranked match" so it's pointless to continue..

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I played some matches against Korey The Dragon and his Dr Fate. I knew what I was walking into, but figured the experience would be worth seeing if Scarecrow could compete against a hard zoner. Truthfully, the times where I could box Fate into the corner Scarecrow doesn't do too bad. The issue though is getting to that point and keeping Fate at a range where he can't really zone, but also can't throw out a meter burn roll to escape.

The Teleport serves almost no purpose against a zoner and Infearno doesn't do much good against faster projectiles. Essentially you're tasked with walking him down and using DB2 as a means of getting rid of the orb on a read since he can still freely throw Ankhs and other projectiles at you.

The vomit is real,I admire your will to play against that.

stamatis

His lack of a backdash or any wake up makes him pathetically bad.
That's the point here m8,after a knockdown,chars with long range and no airflow jumps are a pain in the ass,especially if this jump has cross up potential.
db3 has crazy hit box but is not considered a decent wake up attack.

stamatis

There is no chance in hell scarecrow beats her.. zoners are whatever.. Rush down characters like cheetah are the ones who truly bend him over
I totally agree,mix up and heavy pressure chars just need to get in,and let's be honest here,sometime they will.

Current matchup thoughts:

--Opponent: Scarecrow-Opponent
--Aquaman: 5-5
--Atrocitus: 4-6
--Bane: 5-5
--Batman: 4-6
--Black Adam: 5-5
--Black Canary: 6-4
--Blue Beetle: 5-5
--Brainiac: 6-4
--Captain Cold: ? (not enough experience vs good players)
--Catwoman: ?
--Cheetah: ?
--Cyborg: ?
--Darkseid: 5-5
--Deadshot: 3-7
--Doctor Fate: 5-5
--Firestorm: 5-5
--Flash: 5-5
--Gorilla Grodd: 6-4
--Green Arrow: 6-4
--Green Lantern: 5-5
--Harley Quinn: 4-6
--Joker: 5-5
--Poison Ivy: ?
--Robin: 6-4
--Supergirl: 5-5
--Superman: 5-5
--Swamp Thing: 6-4
--Wonder Woman: 6-4

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Current matchup thoughts:

--Opponent: Scarecrow-Opponent
--Aquaman: 5-5
--Atrocitus: 4-6
--Bane: 5-5
--Batman: 4-6
--Black Adam: 5-5
--Black Canary: 6-4
--Blue Beetle: 5-5
--Brainiac: 6-4
--Captain Cold: ? (not enough experience vs good players)
--Catwoman: ?
--Cheetah: ?
--Cyborg: ?
--Darkseid: 5-5
--Deadshot: 3-7
--Doctor Fate: 5-5
--Firestorm: 5-5
--Flash: 5-5
--Gorilla Grodd: 6-4
--Green Arrow: 6-4
--Green Lantern: 5-5
--Harley Quinn: 4-6
--Joker: 5-5
--Poison Ivy: ?
--Robin: 6-4
--Supergirl: 5-5
--Superman: 5-5
--Swamp Thing: 6-4
--Wonder Woman: 6-4
This looks very accurate for an early MU chart, although I think batman could possibly be 7-3.

I also think he might beat Joker

Do you record any of your sets at all?
(it's also great to see you in these forums)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Not sure if I'd personally agree on the Bane/Aquaman/Superman front. Those seem more like 6-4's against Scarecrow.
Yeah, I definitely think he loses to Aquaman.

I'm not convinced he loses to Bane though, what makes you think he does?

I'd like to see more Bane or Superman sets though.