What's new

I Sense Your Dread- Scarecrow Match Up Discussion

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It literally boils down to knock down where you then have to not just guess a 50/50 but a 25/25/25/25.. And your absolutely only option is to block

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You have to guess:
Normal grab which puts her at great range
Crossup
Mid low over head
Overhead low
Overhead grab
Low grab
High mid overhead
Mb f3
Sweep
Mid into command grab..

And scarecrow can't even backdash let alone wake up...

This is what gives me problems

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
You have to guess:
Normal grab which puts her at great range
Crossup
Mid low over head
Overhead low
Overhead grab
Low grab
High mid overhead
Mb f3
Sweep
Mid into command grab..

And scarecrow can't even backdash let alone wake up...

This is what gives me problems
It seems like you are already conceding the fact that you will get knocked down. Scarecrow has the tools to not let her in on him. Plus the grab mixup that she has is her only real damaging option, unless she has trait up, and is full combo punished on whiff.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Chongo. I've played you countless times back to even the mk9 days when you would ask for help on how to play reptile. You're a bad player. That's why I don't trust your opinion and especially when you get all high and mighty in these forums..

I'll say this. I could be wrong about the mus but from what I've talked to other high level players who actually play the mus at a high level, they agree as well
Chongo is considerably better than you btw.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It seems like you are already conceding the fact that you will get knocked down. Scarecrow has the tools to not let her in on him. Plus the grab mixup that she has is her only real damaging option, unless she has trait up, and is full combo punished on whiff.
Of course I'm going to get knocked down at some point. What I'm I going to keep her out with all match. Either way I have to go in to get damage. Also his d2 is too slow too consistently aa her jump in knee. Not sure if that's ji1 or 2.. I' can't count the amount of times I've been stuffed by it. Do you main cheetah or scarecrow?

RM Truth

Of course I'm going to get knocked down at some point. What I'm I going to keep her out with all match. Either way I have to go in to get damage. Also his d2 is too slow too consistently aa her jump in knee. Not sure if that's ji1 or 2.. I' can't count the amount of times I've been stuffed by it. Do you main cheetah or scarecrow?
I main Scarecrow, and I've played a decent amount of Cheetahs, including my friend who has a solid Cheetah. AAing the pounce is certainly something that takes practice, but once you deter that option, they have to start playing a little more honest in a range where Scarecrow shines over her.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
He's had so many opportunities to ask for help in this MU and all he does is just bitch lol. Probably doesn't know how to block
Chongo. I've played you countless times back to even the mk9 days when you would ask for help on how to play reptile. You're a bad player. That's why I don't trust your opinion and especially when you get all high and mighty in these forums..

I'll say this. I could be wrong about the mus but from what I've talked to other high level players who actually play the mus at a high level, they agree as well
Chongo is considerably better than you btw.
Why am I not surprised. From the last time I played him, did not seem that way unless he's immensely leveled up in the last year. Could be.. Either way that could easily be cleared up.
^ @Pig Of The Hut a grudge match for RHS? Or a Cheetah gauntlet?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Why am I not surprised. From the last time I played him, did not seem that way unless he's immensely leveled up in the last year. Could be.. Either way that could easily be cleared up.
Let me see... I play Chongo offline in MKX and I lose against his JC. I play you online and you get 25-0. Hmmmmm Chongo comes to SummerJam he makes it out of pools just fine until top 16. You.... play online ranked?

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Let me see... I play Chongo offline in MKX and I lose against his JC. I play you online and you get 25-0. Hmmmmm Chongo comes to SummerJam he makes it out of pools just fine until top 16. You.... play online ranked?
How did I know you'd bring that up. Even though that wasn't exactly the score I did get mopped. Still didn't punish a single ex flame but at least I don't deny it like when I bent you over in injustice and destroyed you online. But that didn't happen thought right bud ;)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
How did I know you'd bring that up. Even though that wasn't exactly the score I did get mopped. Still didn't punish a single ex flame but at least I don't deny it like when I bent you over in injustice and destroyed you online. But that didn't happen thought right bud ;)
No that did happen... in Injustice online ranked... sinestro vs green arrow... with you living in Mexico.... one game...

I'm sorry how many top 8s/scalps do you have?

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Lets get this back on track...
Regarding the Black Adam match-up, I honestly don't think that it's really bad at all now that I've got a lot more experience with it. He seems to actually fair pretty well against him IMO.
Mind you, due to BA's ridiculous damage output, he's only a couple combos away from destroying you still lol.

Also, it seems that 9 out of 10 times a Black Adam player start the match with his F1,2 move which easily gets beat out by Scarecrows D2 into combo to start your game plan. :p

RM Truth

Lets get this back on track...
Regarding the Black Adam match-up, I honestly don't think that it's really bad at all now that I've got a lot more experience with it. He seems to actually fair pretty well against him IMO.
Mind you, due to BA's ridiculous damage output, he's only a couple combos away from destroying you still lol.

Also, it seems that 9 out of 10 times a Black Adam player start the match with his F1,2 move which easily gets beat out by Scarecrows D2 into combo to start your game plan. :p
If the BA catches on to that strategy, they can always just jump back dive kick to whiff punish, so you should be careful.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
If the BA catches on to that strategy, they can always just jump back dive kick to whiff punish, so you should be careful.
Lol...until they adapt, I'll keep doing it. They seem to think it's the best thing to start up matches at the moment for some reason? Must catch a lot of other characters.

Lol...until they adapt, I'll keep doing it. They seem to think it's the best thing to start up matches at the moment for some reason? Must catch a lot of other characters.
This seriously catches like 4 out of 5 people online lol. People love to jump or push buttons at the beginning of a match.

RM Truth

Right now the character giving me the most problems is GL. Not quite sure how to approach that MU with his B1. I've tried backdashing between his B1 strings, but either his backdash is so bad it doesn't work, or I'm just really bad.

22 is safe and will catch players trying to jump backwards from the start of the round.
22 is an interesting string. The second hit reaches so far and the whole thing comes out in 20 frames, so you can often throw it out as a poke from far away with no risk. But, at that range it has no follow up.

RM Truth

22 is an interesting string. The second hit reaches so far and the whole thing comes out in 20 frames, so you can often throw it out as a poke from far away with no risk. But, at that range it has no follow up.
Does it combo into Scythe Grab?

Does it combo into Scythe Grab?
I don't think so. If you are a bit closer you can get a db3 and still have some space, but at close to max range it doesn't seem that anything reaches and scythe grab is too slow.

Edit: Talking about vs grounded opponents btw. If it AAs you can probably get scythe grab or f2.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
W who? Explain it to me
Chongo and dribirut. Dribirut claiming that there is no where Scarecrow wins vs Cheetah and that he gets "bent over" and that Chongo is bad, so he doesn't respect his opinion.

Chongo says Scarecrow probably wins that MU.

Could either have them face each other, to settle dribirut's claims of Chongo being bad, or have them each face a Cheetah to see who does better?