What's new

I Sense Your Dread- Scarecrow Match Up Discussion

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Bottom 5? I can name ten of the match ups I know he does well in of the top of my head

Robin
Bane
Swamp thing
Blue beetle
Flash
Cheetah
Catwoman
Grood
Canary
Brainiac

On top of those match ups, people need to respect the Teleport a bit more.

Yeah you use it and it forces you to face a mix-up, but against heavy zoners that's fine since all you need is one gap for a MB3 for big damage or a 6 frame advantage to start your own mix up.

The thing is most people need 1 bar to do anywhere between 20-35% where one bar on SC gives you 50% and even more if you use a MBB3.

So yes, he doesn't have a Displaced raiden Teleport but he has one that closes the gap

Plus you know how many people don't react to the Teleport in time to stop a down1 mb db2?
He gets shit on by canary and cheetah when they get in... I say WHEN because they will... Unless you wanna play the neutral and bait game. And even then, that's extremely risky with those two chars, especially cheetah.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He gets shit on by canary and cheetah when they get in... I say WHEN because they will... Unless you wanna play the neutral and bait game. And even then, that's extremely risky with those two chars, especially cheetah.
I was going to say canary as well but I don't really have any mu exp but it seems like q very rough mu on paper

TRVP6GXD

Noob
I was going to say canary as well but I don't really have any mu exp but it seems like q very rough mu on paper
It is pretty booty, I find if I can play mind games with his teleport I got a pretty good chance but it's hella unsafe so you cant really abuse it.

Lol he does not do well vs flash bane or cheetah... Idk who you've played
Lol he does not do well vs flash bane or cheetah... Idk who you've played
Scarecrow beats ANYONE who has to approach him period. Cheetah has to rely on approaching with command jumps, otherwize we just outrange her. scarecrow stuffs her jumpswith his down 2, she's got command grab pressure but we do too, our normals are better, dmg is better, pressure is better how does he not win?

Bane gets shut down period, he's got nothing better then scarecrow cause you can jump in and 3/db3 for armor break on his get ups

And flash is even at worst

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Scarecrow beats ANYONE who has to approach him period. Cheetah has to rely on approaching with command jumps, otherwize we just outrange her. scarecrow stuffs her jumpswith his down 2, she's got command grab pressure but we do too, our normals are better, dmg is better, pressure is better how does he not win?

Bane gets shut down period, he's got nothing better then scarecrow cause you can jump in and 3/db3 for armor break on his get ups

And flash is even at worst
I really don't want to seem like a dick but you are so wrong it hurts. Ask the most prominent scarecrow players themselves and they'll say the same.

I really don't want to seem like a dick but you are so wrong it hurts. Ask the most prominent scarecrow players themselves and they'll say the same.
Okay, you have your opinion I have mine. I'm not some nobody I was ranked 23rd in mkx online for a while online, platinum in SF5 and played many other fighters at a high caliber (can provide pictures if necessary)

It's like snake in super smash brothers brawl, people kept arguing that such and such character was better then snake because they can do XYZ, but never took into consideration that he launches at heavy at 120% and lightweights at 80%, lives to 150%+ and if he lands a hit he's doing 20-30%.
Same with scarecrow, yeah people mix him up, camp him, and give him problems. But if he lands ONE combo he takes the life lead 90% of the time. Do I think he's top 10? Yes maybe like specifically 10, but he's extremely strong.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Okay, you have your opinion I have mine. I'm not some nobody I was ranked 23rd in mkx online for a while online, platinum in SF5 and played many other fighters at a high caliber (can provide pictures if necessary)

It's like snake in super smash brothers brawl, people kept arguing that such and such character was better then snake because they can do XYZ, but never took into consideration that he launches at heavy at 120% and lightweights at 80%, lives to 150%+ and if he lands a hit he's doing 20-30%.
Same with scarecrow, yeah people mix him up, camp him, and give him problems. But if he lands ONE combo he takes the life lead 90% of the time. Do I think he's top 10? Yes maybe like specifically 10, but he's extremely strong.
Would you mind posting a breakdown of each matchup?

Charadao

Noob

Would you mind posting a breakdown of each matchup?

+1

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
If the canary plays lame it's so so hard to approach her when she has full trait available. That scream is just ridiculous. I usually end up trying to mind game it out raw or just time a jump in 3xxdb3, but the window is hard to hit. Other then that it seems an ok MU. Though honestly her parry makes it really hard to poke out with D1 as well. But once you get her in a cgrab mind game it gets a bit more manageable, especially if you can sniff out when they like to try to parry.

What do you guys think of the Blue Beetle mu? It's probably jsut me but the whole thing seems super irritating with the projectiles, god tier wakeup and phantom hitbox sweep.

I'll write match up analysis but I need to know which characters you guys wanna hear first.

And as a disclaimer I want to say out of the gate that anything and everything that I say is up for debate. I'll write in depth discussions on how I (emphasis on I) believe each match-up should be handled but each person might find a more effective/efficient way. I play with highly skilled people but sometimes even a good player plays completely opposite of someone else who plays just as well.

I'll write match up analysis but I need to know which characters you guys wanna hear first.

And as a disclaimer I want to say out of the gate that anything and everything that I say is up for debate. I'll write in depth discussions on how I (emphasis on I) believe each match-up should be handled but each person might find a more effective/efficient way. I play with highly skilled people but sometimes even a good player plays completely opposite of someone else who plays just as well.
I'm curious why you feel the Bane matchup isn't heavily in Bane's favor. He does more damage than Scarecrow, and db2MB pressure won't work on Bane (except for a frame perfect d1) because he can just reversal armor out of it. Scarecrow also has no fast two-hitting moves to break armor, he's mostly slower than Bane outside of d1, and most importantly of all--Scarecrow has no wakeup and a horrible backdash. If Bane knocks him down then Scarecrow just lives on the ground now. I'm mostly theorycrafting here, but on paper it seems like it would be one of Scarecrow's worst matchups.

Charadao

Noob

I'm curious about the characters most commented, like deadshot, fate, darkseid and supergirl

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Anyone noticed GL making b1 wiff in ranges it normally hits due to his stupid glide animation? That shit's annoying.

And there being a gap in b12 is annoying

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
What the hell are you talking about lol how the fuck do you make a character that doesn't have a single wakeup?!
Also he has a lot of weaknesses, he gets destroyed by zoners and he's slow as fuck, his teleport is very easy to punish and you can't even ex to recover faster which is stupid, not to mention that it takes forever to build his trait up to Traumatize.
He has Fear Blast. It's just not fully invincible.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Why is it that every char @dribirut mains ends up being low tier? it has happened since MK9, yes i've been here since 2011 lol.
Not true. I mained Martian in injustice. And I never said reptile was low tier in mk9. Always said he was right outside top ten. And I only said reptile was low tier at the beginning of mkx which he was.. But when I do play a character that's low tier, not gonna like I do get salty lol

I'm curious why you feel the Bane matchup isn't heavily in Bane's favor. He does more damage than Scarecrow, and db2MB pressure won't work on Bane (except for a frame perfect d1) because he can just reversal armor out of it. Scarecrow also has no fast two-hitting moves to break armor, he's mostly slower than Bane outside of d1, and most importantly of all--Scarecrow has no wakeup and a horrible backdash. If Bane knocks him down then Scarecrow just lives on the ground now. I'm mostly theorycrafting here, but on paper it seems like it would be one of Scarecrow's worst matchups.
Banes are a very wish washy match up, and frame perfect inputs aren't impossible with buffering. Jump in 3 db3 into a d1 mb db2 works really well against him since he dosent have quick buttons and even if you miss time it at worst your trading. push blocking him is pretty OP since it puts you just outside of sweep range where you thrive. And down 3 sweep is not only safe but he really can't respond with anything to threaten you into a block string. Idk tbh Banes have never really made me feel like there was nothing I could do in response