What's new

I really want to learn Kung Lao and Human Smoke in this game help please!?

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
[Edit] I just realized this is the UMK3 section...

Get out! Are you really picking this up? I want to see...

[Edit2] I actually wanted to play too, but I heard the MKAK wasn't the best version. :SadFace:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I'd start with just 1 of them until u get the basics down. Human Smoke is probably a little easier to master than Lao, considering his infinite takes a bit of time to learn the timing for. I suggest using a practice dummy in the corner and doing aaSUJK, F,D,F+RUN until u get a rhythm for it, then work on one of the 2 ways of doing his cross-screen infinite. Lao has alot of bad match-ups, as opposed to H Smoke such as female ninjas, Kabal, NightWolf, Sonya, maybe some others. The advantage Lao DOES have is that he's a 1-mistake character once u learn the infinite, as opposed to a 2-Mistake character like H Smoke. What this means is that your opponent only has to make ONE mistake for you to potentially unleash a game-ending combo. Even still, Lao withOUT the infinite can dish out a simple 44% from a simple dial-combo (HP,LP,HP,LP, LK, HK, B+HK) and u can add a PS/SUJK to the beginning for 46%-48%. Lao is one of the characters who can NOT JPS/SUJK-start a combo on female ninjas, whereas H. Smoke can.

AC1984

Kaballin!
For Lao: watch Lex. ded_ and Summoning

For Smoke: watch Shock, MOE,ded_, Juggernaut,DC Hustle and RZP

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Smoke has a BLOCKABLE infinite? As if he wasn't already the cheapest character in the game.
Fixed :) Idc what anyone says, Human Smoke and Ermac are equally balanced and a Human Smoke better watch out when playing a capable Ermac player, let alone a sick one. H. Smoke punishability on average ranges to about 63%. Ermac tops out around 82%. Who would you rather make a mistake VS.? ;P

I personally think every character is beatable and UMK3 is balanced. There's a LOT of 5:5 matches , and if the top tiers are annoying but beatable, then it is definitely not as broken as some people say. It just needs fine tuning and an UMK3 version 1.3 needs to be made

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yea bro, if you wanna learn either H. Smoke or Kung Lao hit me up, those were two of my mains in that game and I am really well known in the UMK3 community. I won lots of tournaments with these two characters

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yea bro, if you wanna learn either H. Smoke or Kung Lao hit me up, those were two of my mains in that game and I am really well known in the UMK3 community. I won lots of tournaments with these two characters
We should play sometime on Mame 32K.064. Do you have it with the juggernaut hack? I got a few links to get you started and familiarize if u need it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I personally think every character is beatable and UMK3 is balanced. There's a LOT of 5:5 matches , and if the top tiers are annoying but beatable, then it is definitely not as broken as some people say. It just needs fine tuning and an UMK3 version 1.3 needs to be made
Kabal and Human Smoke are just barely too good imo, compared to the rest of the cast.

Never heard of you until MK9, so this must be a troll post for whatever reason.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Kabal and Human Smoke are just barely too good imo, compared to the rest of the cast.
Bro, I kinda agree, but I'm am STILL trying to figure out why Human Smoke is #2 and Ermac is #3, tops. I think Ermac is just a better more damaging character and I own alot of H SMokes too lol. We shoud try it...your H Smoke vs my Ermac for like an HOUR straight LMAO

Tim Static

Adminerator
Really? You got a lot of explaining to do, bro.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Bro, I kinda agree, but I'm am STILL trying to figure out why Human Smoke is #2 and Ermac is #3, tops. I think Ermac is just a better more damaging character and I own alot of H SMokes too lol. We shoud try it...your H Smoke vs my Ermac for like an HOUR straight LMAO
Human Smoke is ahead because of his air throw and walking speed. Neither one may seem like they're that big of an advantage, but they are. Sure Ermac can do more damage, but 2 combos with both characters is usually the same outcome anyway. Ermac only really has the advantage in the corner.

My Human Smoke vs your Ermac for an hour straight? Umm, maybe ft10, lol. I will play for longer but I can't use 1 character for that long.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Human Smoke is ahead because of his air throw and walking speed. Neither one may seem like they're that big of an advantage, but they are.
I would say H. Smoke is easier to use in general and he has more punish options from far (basically just cuz Spear goes much farther than TKS, of course) but the walking speed does make H SMoke's rushdown tougher to cope with, I agree. As far as the air throw, if u keep you feet on the ground and don't give opportunities FOR air throw to be used on you, I don't see it as a big problem. Ermac shouldn't be jumping that much anyway so he is always ready to either punish w/ a TKS ---> 60%- 100% or aaHP, TKS ----> 82%.

Sure Ermac can do more damage, but 2 combos with both characters is usually the same outcome anyway.
Just ONE blocked Teleport can drain SMoke's life immensely. Once the 82% is taken, the remaining 18% or so can be taken quickly by mere RJ chip damage.

Ermac only really has the advantage in the corner.
This I fully agree with, as there is no character more dangerous in corners than Ermac, however the thing I find controversial is that SMoke can do his 73% punisher while backed into the corner (aaHP,HP, JK, TP, Spear, HK,D+LP,D+HP.....JK, RH, HK/LK) but I think it's simply a very bad situation for Smoke to be in in the 1st place in order to do that combo, however, Ermac can't do much damage when put in the same exact situation, just standard mid-screen combos, more-or-less. I've tried some stuff with his back to the corner, and without the Spear, he just doesn't seem to have the right timing to teleport-reverse into a big corner combo.

My Human Smoke vs your Ermac for an hour straight? Umm, maybe ft10, lol. I will play for longer but I can't use 1 character for that long.
LOL, I can use Ermac ALLLLL DAY and never get bored with him, considering it will take me another 2 years to master the REST of his big combos. I was just kinda joking about the hour, but there are some other match-up I want to mess with, Stryker vs Kitana, ( i think Stryker is the answer for good Kitanas), Kano vs Lao, Jax vs NightWolf and believe it-or-not, Kabal vs Sonya.