What's new

Match-up Discussion I really need help right now.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
On hit if hes standing your at like +8 advantage. Its a guaranteed 2,1,2 clone/2,2,4 clone or 2,1,4, clone. If hes ducking your not at as much advanatage(I think only +1) so I would just pump another D4 in there. If he blocks it you can D4 into clone. All of Nightwolfs strings move him forward so if he tries to go on the offensive he will run into the clone. Hence why D4 is so good against nightwolf. Even if he blocks it he basically has to stand there and take it over and over as going on the offensive could mean running into a clone.
Considering you're at +8, the 2 isn't really guaranteed cause it has 9 frame or startup so I think raiden can teleport through it.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Durango also don't feel bad, hes beaten the best of us with Baraka pretty badly.
Wait the guy that was beating on him was Tetra Sprit for real?? LOL Shit man, Durango you got nothing to feel bad about dude. Tetra was pretty much THE Baraka player back in MK9s glory days. Top player. His Baraka was ridiculous. The only thing that held him back was the fact that Baraka was such a fish trash character.( Sorry Tetra but its true. Your a great player, but you deserved a better character)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Wait the guy that was beating on him was Tetra Sprit for real?? LOL Shit man, Durango you got nothing to feel bad about dude. Tetra was pretty much THE Baraka player back in MK9s glory days. Top player. His Baraka was ridiculous. The only thing that held him back was the fact that Baraka was such a fish trash character.( Sorry Tetra but its true. Your a great player, but you deserved a better character)
Was and still is da best Baraka.

Dark_Rob

Noob
And against characters that can duck it right? I would swear that Mileena and Sonya can just duck under it but I could be wrong.
Not if you hit them with D4 while they are standing. The advantage is to big. If you hit them with D4 while they are ducking then of course. But the advantage on D4 on hit on a crouching opponent is only +1 so I wouldn't bother trying to hit them with standing 2 anyway after that. Id just pump out another D4.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Raiden can teleport out of it. Its guaranteed against everyone else though.

don't forget cybersub or kratos, they could probably parry the 2 as well.

also another thing u wanna get used to doing against characters who try to zone you. Try dropping a ice clone about mid screen away and EX slide if u read a projectile (on some u can do this on reaction) and sub will send them into the clone giving u a free combo.

Dark_Rob

Noob
don't forget cybersub or kratos, they could probably parry the 2 as well.

also another thing u wanna get used to doing against characters who try to zone you. Try dropping a ice clone about mid screen away and EX slide if u read a projectile (on some u can do this on reaction) and sub will send them into the clone giving u a free combo.
Kratos was banned in tournament play so no one ever used him so I really don't know anything about him. Cyber Sub Im not sure if he can parry it. Ive played both j360 and REOs cyber sub many times and while they certainly parried me plenty of times, I don't ever recall them doing it in that situation. The parry would have to have a 1 frame startup and the timing would have to be perfect.

Axel_Redd

Kratos was banned in tournament play so no one ever used him so I really don't know anything about him. Cyber Sub Im not sure if he can parry it. Ive played both j360 and REOs cyber sub many times and while they certainly parried me plenty of times, I don't ever recall them doing it in that situation. The parry would have to have a 1 frame startup and the timing would have to be perfect.
it is 1 frame.

Axel_Redd

also, once u get em into the corner be sure to end all ur combo's in the corner with 222 when u juggle em and immediately place an ice clone.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thx for tagging me Friction.

Durango
There's not really much more I can add regarding the specific match ups that has not already been said. I'd honestly have to play you to get a feel for what you're doing well and what could be done better. You can add me if you want, I am on both systems. But from what it sounds like, its just like raptor said. Utilize your d4 more when it comes to getting in. So many characters on your list just can not compete with it. Work on hit confirming it for your block string after or clone if d4 is blocked. IF you're getting whiff punished like that, you are probably falling into patterns, using incorrect spacing and rushing down too hard.

Focus more on limiting screen space for your opponent and walking them to the corner of death, rather than max damage midscreen at all times. When you are midscreen you need to be downloading and conditioning your opponent. So when get them to the corner, you have that much more information with which to operate.(ideally) Corner+good reads is lights out for a HUGE Marjory of the cast...but you gotta get them there first.