What's new

I need some help!

Bus Orez

Noob
I dont mean to sound like a complete idiot or whatnot but if i do i apologize for that. I am relatively new to UMK3 and i had a few questions that i didnt see threads for.

1. How exactly do you deal with jumping in this game? Everytime i attempted a hk or roundhouse anti air i end up missing. Even when i attempt to do uppercuts i end up gettinig nailed by the jump in.

2.I have a really hard time dealing with wake up situations(being the one who knocked down his opponent) Any suggestions for this?

Jumping is a really hard thing for me to deal with especially since i dont really know much about the game. Ive tried alot of things and when people jump after they were knocked down i always get hit which i really dont understand. So any help would be great. Thanks guys

Well on the DS it's really hard to punish jumpers due to the delay. But the best way is to run under them and sweep since you have problems with anti-airing. Other than that choose Kabal and dash when they jump.

HAYRON

Noob
Yeah. Looking at your sig,...

Gotta agree with Phoenix, the dash with Kabal is typically good for anti-air.

For Kano use his cannonballs, Vert for anti-air, horizontal for evasion. (Or block the jump attack and cannonball of choice)

Ermac's teleport is good for evasion, and his tele-slam is good for anti-air in certain spots (but it's typically best as psychic anti-air, meaning you guess when they are going to jump and you do the move as they are leaving the ground). One good way to catch someone off-guard is to do the HK, LP combo, and if they block it, EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, do the slam. If they aren't expecting it and you're doing it randomly enough, they'll try to stand up and attack and get caught un-blocking.

For robosmoke, time his teleport punch, spear or air throw right, and you'll have no trouble.

One other tip. If they suck bad enough to resort to constant jump kicking as their only way to win, they probably suck bad enough to fall for the same kind of tactics in return. Make them miss one jump kick and then return the favor.

Bus Orez

Noob
Ive tried running under alot and the majority of the time i just get hit on the other side. What do i do about that?

1. How exactly do you deal with jumping in this game? Everytime i attempted a hk or roundhouse anti air i end up missing. Even when i attempt to do uppercuts i end up gettinig nailed by the jump in.

2.I have a really hard time dealing with wake up situations(being the one who knocked down his opponent) Any suggestions for this?
1. Just work on your timing believe once you get it down you'll think it is easy as hell to do. Then you'll see people that will try to mess with the timing on this.

2. Bait them. Throw out some kara jabs when you "knock them down" then punish them if they did a special move

believe me special move kids suck and are easy to beat

Not tryin to state the obvious but what character are you using to Anti-Air Roundhouse? If ur using any male ninja (BESIDES SUB ZERO 3!!!!) you will find it alot easier to aa rh than with a character like Sindel, Sonya, Striker, Sheeva, etc. Try practicing with tha Male ninjas, Kung lao, Liu Kang, Kano, or others with decent aaRH. (I'd say practice with Reptile. His aaRH are the most devestating if u ask me.)

OK So you knocked your opponent down. First thing would be 2 b aware of fast wake up moves like Kabal's spin (duh), Liu's Bike, etc. But i would either try and catch them with an aaHP ( ERMAC BABY!!!) or time a good Knee Combo.(im not sure wut they call them here but Knee Combos are just combos that start with HK or LK, it will always beat ur oponent's regular combo)

1. Just work on your timing believe once you get it down you'll think it is easy as hell to do. Then you'll see people that will try to mess with the timing on this.

2. Bait them. Throw out some kara jabs when you "knock them down" then punish them if they did a special move

believe me special move kids suck and are easy to beat
Yeah because a guy who is having trouble hk'ing ppl out of the air is most definately gonna have an easier time with kara jabs. ROFL you silly hoe.

Droopy

Noob
If you want to get better, pick hsmoke instead of robo smoke.

That would be holding back+hp+lp+run+block after you pick smoke at the character select screen. Hold the buttons until the first round begins when you will see hsmoke appear. This is just in case you didnt know.

Yeah. Looking at your sig,...

Gotta agree with Phoenix, the dash with Kabal is typically good for anti-air.

For Kano use his cannonballs, Vert for anti-air, horizontal for evasion. (Or block the jump attack and cannonball of choice)

Ermac's teleport is good for evasion, and his tele-slam is good for anti-air in certain spots (but it's typically best as psychic anti-air, meaning you guess when they are going to jump and you do the move as they are leaving the ground). One good way to catch someone off-guard is to do the HK, LP combo, and if they block it, EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, do the slam. If they aren't expecting it and you're doing it randomly enough, they'll try to stand up and attack and get caught un-blocking.

For robosmoke, time his teleport punch, spear or air throw right, and you'll have no trouble.

One other tip. If they suck bad enough to resort to constant jump kicking as their only way to win, they probably suck bad enough to fall for the same kind of tactics in return. Make them miss one jump kick and then return the favor.

It's easier to do a aaHP with ermac, robo smoke, and kabal. Then you tks, teleport, or spin. Psychic aa tks? That's not a simple thing to do man.

Kano and Robot smoke both have an air throw. If you ask me, that's the simplest way to counter someone jumping at you. Jump and tap block, you should generally do this everytime you jump with the characters that have an airthrow.

Droopy

Noob
It's easier to do a aaHP with ermac, robo smoke, and kabal. Then you tks, teleport, or spin. Psychic aa tks? That's not a simple thing to do man.

Kano and Robot smoke both have an air throw. If you ask me, that's the simplest way to counter someone jumping at you. Jump and tap block, you should generally do this everytime you jump with the characters that have an airthrow.
I think he means that as a wake-up call, like i run jab, 2 hit pop up, immediately after throw out whatever moves ya got after they let go of block. Ermac def has one of the best wakeups, altho not as effective as after the first time.