What's new

I need some advice for subby.

They say the ninja's have good "odd" proportions, how exactly can this be used to my advantage effectively.
Is there a way to glitch it to where I can ground freeze in the corner like the AI does or is that just a lost cause?
Also ive been using this combo allot for quick damage HP HP DLP DHP jump kick slide.
I need some more cmbos that are fairly safe to use in gameplay.
Any would be nice but I am really looking for a way to make good use of his kick chain combo I figured it would be used mainly for distance control and getting me into and out of corners.

I am talking about umk3 here, since I don't play trilogy.

Be careful with adding the slide at the end because if you are too late and it is blocked, then you can still be punished despite it being one of the best slides in the game.

A good run jab, kick combo and puddle mix up game can keep your opponent guessing. Run jab X many times, puddle while they continue blocking and then combo. A smarter opponent will watch out for that next time and jump away, which means you switch the puddle for a combo or continue jabbing to catch them if they make a move.

He only has 3 full combos as far as I am aware, the punching lift, the kick starter and HP,HP,LK,B+HK,F+LK.

There are very few unique things you can do with him. Make sure your basics are tight, like spacing, anti airs, run jabs or some kara variant. Knowing what he can and can't do against each character is vital.

One question: Do you have Xbox Live?
No I dont have an X box I have a ps3which I should be getting Arcade Kollection soon for.
One more thing whats a good strat for teleporting ninjas and thanks for the advice thus far.
But I do have UMK3 on Ds

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
No I dont have an X box I have a ps3which I should be getting Arcade Kollection soon for.
One more thing whats a good strat for teleporting ninjas and thanks for the advice thus far.
But I do have UMK3 on Ds
UMK3 on DS...? I know nothing about that. Not even sure if the game works the same as the original so I can't help you there.

But I do have UMK3 on Ds
I think trying to learn or practice strategies is not going to work out in the way you expect it too. Learn all the combos, even the useless ones, all the specials and then take a few characters and practice their basic bnb juggle combos. Watch videos on youtube and you will pick out things yourself that you can try in game.

Here is probably one of the best resources online for UMK3. Read as much as you can and then continually practice what you learn from it.

Basics guide: http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=general&game=umk3arcade
Specials and dial-a-combos: http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=movelist&game=umk3arcade
Character specific guides: http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php

I have MKAK on the PS3 and would be happy to practice with you when you get it.

Good luck! :)

I dont want to come off the wrong way I am experienced enough at fighting games to know that about strategies. The only problem with the arcade kollection with thing is that I dont have my own stable internet. Thanks for the links and advice. Trying to get the kollection arcade stick with it. I aprecciate the advive. Ive been working on my style and I can beat the whole master ladder without losing once, groovy like.

Yet you're asking for advice...

Either take it or leave it.
That's because I know i'm not the best, and I never claimed to be and I was saying I can now but not when I asked.
Or did you mean why was I asking when I don't have stable internet and the answer to that is because I like to play against the AI also not just players.
Or are you just making fun of me lol.
Is it really so bad to see if maybe there's someone doing something a different or better way than me?

That's a pretty cool link thanks a bunch.
I guess I'll get out of y'alls hair I'll contact you when my arcade stick comes in.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
How I got good: Take advice from nobody. That way you have your own style. Once you start playing like everyone else it becomes predictable. Which is why I find Kabal and Human Smoke (the two best characters in the game) easiest to play against just because I'm so familiar with the similar style everyone uses with them, also helps that 50% of the population uses them also.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
5:25 just proves that I'm nervous. Guy is glitch jabbing for a good five seconds and I don't even think to ground freeze, I just blank out. Dude ain't even good.

nwo

Noob
5:25 just proves that I'm nervous. Guy is glitch jabbing for a good five seconds and I don't even think to ground freeze, I just blank out. Dude ain't even good.
Were you Tycho? Goldenoreos is a pretty good player, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Another guy that had a good csub was iammud. He kinda disappeared in the last year or so.

nwo

Noob
Why must you two derail the thread?

Give advice for Subby or get out.
Don't use csub vs Sindel OR learn how to run jab. I didn't see any decent run jab pressure.

Also when glitch jabbing, don't forget to hold down + back so you can't be swept. You might have already known that, but I saw you get swept when you appeared to be glitch jabbing.