What's new

I need Mileena help. . .

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
First off, Hello everyone! This is actually my first thread. I usually just kinda read up, but I haven't found a thread about this, so here I am! To introduce myself a bit, my name is Ron and I am new to the fighting game scene, but have been playing MK since 1992, if that makes sense. This new game has really broadened my view of this scene, in that now I know it exists! So anyways, back on topic.

I play online (my mains are Kenshi, Skarlet, Freddy) since I live in Rhode Island and there is zero scene here offline. No matter who I use, kenshi in this example, I have the worst time with Mileena. I usually stick it out and try to learn a way to defeat her, but as time goes on, I find I get so goddamn frustrated that I succumb to stupid mistakes that mileena takes advantage of all too easily. I feel like all I do is block the whole time, and she has me on lockdown. I never can seem to find an opening to start any type of real offense. Since I don't have anyone to practice with, I have no real way to test ideas other than online.

So, genereal Mileena advice with Kenshi, what do you guys do to beat this "Trash bitch" as Tom Brady put it!

Tolkeen

/wrists
First off, Hello everyone! This is actually my first thread. I usually just kinda read up, but I haven't found a thread about this, so here I am! To introduce myself a bit, my name is Ron and I am new to the fighting game scene, but have been playing MK since 1992, if that makes sense. This new game has really broadened my view of this scene, in that now I know it exists! So anyways, back on topic.

I play online (my mains are Kenshi, Skarlet, Freddy) since I live in Rhode Island and there is zero scene here offline. No matter who I use, kenshi in this example, I have the worst time with Mileena. I usually stick it out and try to learn a way to defeat her, but as time goes on, I find I get so goddamn frustrated that I succumb to stupid mistakes that mileena takes advantage of all too easily. I feel like all I do is block the whole time, and she has me on lockdown. I never can seem to find an opening to start any type of real offense. Since I don't have anyone to practice with, I have no real way to test ideas other than online.

So, genereal Mileena advice with Kenshi, what do you guys do to beat this "Trash bitch" as Tom Brady put it!
Questions like this go in the matchup discussion thread, but here's quick advice.

Learn to punish a blocked tele. Learn to duck block the second hit and punish an extele. Don't jump and if she goes for a d4 block it and punish with a sc. Make her come to you and you've won half the battle.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

Deftonesrc

Questions like this go in the matchup discussion thread, but here's quick advice.

Learn to punish a blocked tele. Learn to duck block the second hit and punish an extele. Don't jump and if she goes for a d4 block it and punish with a sc. Make her come to you and you've won half the battle.

Oh, my bad! I didn't realize there was a whole section for this type of thing. I just figured Kenshi discussions would go in Kenshi's sub. Sorry man.

Thanks for the advice though! That EX tele is a bastard to punish online. I'm reduced to simple tactics and such.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Oh, my bad! I didn't realize there was a whole section for this type of thing. I just figured Kenshi discussions would go in Kenshi's sub. Sorry man.

Thanks for the advice though! That EX tele is a bastard to punish online. I'm reduced to simple tactics and such.
No problem. And once you can spot an ex tele and duckblock the second hit you'll be golden, I usually punish with d1 rk, dash 21b2 sc. That fight is mostly just trying to hit her with something so she has to come to you.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
First step is to forget about playing kenshi effectively online. I`ve never seen it. Even the good kenshi players are unbareable to watch online.

Punish blocked roll with 2, 2 1 RK, F3 2 SC for 26% damage.

Punish ex telekick with ducking second hit, d1 the sai into RK 2 1 B2 sc or F3 2 SC. D1 whiffs sometimes so it won`t always work.

Spirit Charges check her for D4 bullshit and roll movement. Block low, train yourself to recognize the overhead and fuzzy guard it. You can fairly easily reflect fullscreen sais if she`s spamming, which she shouldn`t do unless she`s dumb. Get her cornered. Pressure her with EX SC which can convert to 31% damage combos. Use you´re tk slashes, not so much the flurries. Don`t zone her too much cause she`ll punish with telekick into a free mixup. Stay on her ass when you can.

In my experience (I play Mileena) you have to be very careful to zone Mileena.

And if you want to, you can armor through her U4 in reaction, so she has to be careful to use it while you have meter.

And as said in the previous posts, block the second hit of her EX teleport low. People online just don't do it, that's why they struggle against Mileena. Once you learn to block the second hit low, she'll have no safe way in.

Deftonesrc

First step is to forget about playing kenshi effectively online. I`ve never seen it. Even the good kenshi players are unbareable to watch online.

Punish blocked roll with 2, 2 1 RK, F3 2 SC for 26% damage.

Punish ex telekick with ducking second hit, d1 the sai into RK 2 1 B2 sc or F3 2 SC. D1 whiffs sometimes so it won`t always work.

Spirit Charges check her for D4 bullshit and roll movement. Block low, train yourself to recognize the overhead and fuzzy guard it. You can fairly easily reflect fullscreen sais if she`s spamming, which she shouldn`t do unless she`s dumb. Get her cornered. Pressure her with EX SC which can convert to 31% damage combos. Use you´re tk slashes, not so much the flurries. Don`t zone her too much cause she`ll punish with telekick into a free mixup. Stay on her ass when you can.
Thanks for the reply! It kind of sucks not having any offline outlet with this game, so I constantly struggle with wondering whether or not I am good at this game. I feel like I have been practicing a lot, and the online results don't show shit!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thanks for the reply! It kind of sucks not having any offline outlet with this game, so I constantly struggle with wondering whether or not I am good at this game. I feel like I have been practicing a lot, and the online results don't show shit!
online results will always show shit. mileena is ridiculous online. and kenshi's game is very handicapped by lag.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Something that wasn't mentioned specifically. You don't want to fight Mileena full screen. You want to always close half the distance. Especially if she decides to roll because then you'll be close enough to make sure it's blocked and that she doesn't get away with rolling to close in on you.

Also remember, Mileena's wakeup game is ass!