What's new

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

Carlos Toxic_Nut Rodney

Shuffle_Jigzaw
Sup guys. i been playin catwoman sin IGN did the whole "tournament" and the game finally came out. at first i was struggling to find damage while saving some meter (doin like 40% 2 bars) but damage isnt a problem anymore ( i can get like 46% 1 bar no trait and 48% same combo with full trait) me and my friend Angry_Joshua were tryin to figure out what my problem is and we have 2 different opinions. I think i need to work on confirming from more and stop using the same options. he says i need to wait and read more even in match ups that for her (at least in my case) if the they start makin fondue i cant do much about it. ill post a couple videos so you can see what im goin through and how i play. if you ANY critisism dont be afraid to flat out say "naw bro hes right your just bad and need to either drop the character or the game."

ps i only main her since day one. all my friends had picks from that tourney that they were gonna play and about 2 weeks after the game came out they either dropped the game or picked a new character. i've slowly picke dup other ppl. batman(cause demo mode too stronk), joker, GL, and SG.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
From that video I've noticed that you wake up WAY too much when you don't even have to. You also do need to confirm a little bit more, but other than that it's mostly trial and error and you'll learn :)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
This guy wasn't punishing it, but cat dash at the distance you're using it, is NOT safe. In case you didn't know that. Also, you throw out a lot of random B3's. It's a bit challenging to do it, but CW's B3 is also unsafe and punishable. Besides that, I agree with @BartenderJeeves More hit confirm. You CW definitely looks good though.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Few things. And I'm by no mean a pro so I might be wrong.

- you aren't using her strings enough. Your main footsies tool is F1. It's your main way to get to your opponent because of it's range, it's an overhead and is +2 on block. F1 (F112) and B1 (B12D3) are your main overhead and low starters for combos. Go into practice mode and work on her strings, see how far they reach, get use to using them.

- you use way too many empty specials, especially cat dash. Don't get me wrong, using specials on reads is great, but you will get blown up if you just throw them out willy nilly.

- I think I saw you use jump 2 once at the start of the match. You don't want to be jumping around all the time, but it's one of her best tools, especially for controlling space, or making your opponent respect it so they can't just move around all they want. That is also something to get into practice mode with. See how far it reaches, jumping forward, backwards. Jump 2 into f1 is a great way to get in on your opponents, and you're + which means your opponent needs to make a choice of what he is going to do if he blocks it. Jump 1 is 5 frames, it's her best AA tool, I didn't see you use it once in that match.

- waking up is tough for CW, her trait is her only invincible wake up, you need to wake up sometimes to prove to your opponent you're willing to do it, but she gets wreaked on knock down, you need to understand who you're playing (character wise) what their options are against you and what you're going to do about it.

- Oki, CW has an absurd number of hard knock downs (which means a knock down that they cannot tech roll after) the reason for that is she has an excellent mix up game when you knock your opponent down. Again you need to know what your opponent can do, and what your answer is to that. It's what makes her dangerous.

- meter management. I felt like you were using meter at all the wrong times. Sacrifice damage for set ups. For example my standard meter less combo usually goes f112 or b12d3~catclaws, b3, f3, 1f2, this combo does decent dmg and gives you a hard knock down set up. That does about 35-36% I think. I only use meter in combos if I'm in a position where I need to catch up, I have meter to burn or I have such a lead I just want to swag. I don't ever think using meter on cat claws is a good idea. Check out the forums and take a look at your combos.

- B3. I don't want to blow my buddy SLP up, but B3 is not unsafe and punishable on block. On whiff sure it is, but everything is unsafe when whiffed. It's -3 on block so don't go pushing buttons all the time afterwards, but it's awesome, it goes under a bunch of mids and is a good tool for punishing. Her F3 is also really good. One of the best b3/f3 combinations for any character in the game.

- CW has a lot of trouble playing "her game" against a lot of characters. That means you have to understand MUs very well to be successful against most of the cast. Doomsday sucks for CW, so knowing how to deal with a lot of his tools is important. Did you know that you can cat parry doomsday's shoulder? You have to read it, but you can also cancel parry into trait for a punish (and you always get one scratch for a successful parry).

It's difficult being successful with CW sometimes. But we love her, so we stick with it. Keep grinding. And never be afraid to ask. Hope this helped.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
- B3. I don't want to blow my buddy SLP up, but B3 is not unsafe and punishable on block. On whiff sure it is, but everything is unsafe when whiffed. It's -3 on block so don't go pushing buttons all the time afterwards, but it's awesome, it goes under a bunch of mids and is a good tool for punishing. Her F3 is also really good. One of the best b3/f3 combinations for any character in the game.
You're right. Bad wording on my part. Just meant I wouldn't be throwing it out there without purpose. See a lot of CW's doing this and then trying to push a button afterwards and getting blown up for it.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
This guy wasn't punishing it, but cat dash at the distance you're using it, is NOT safe. In case you didn't know that. Also, you throw out a lot of random B3's. It's a bit challenging to do it, but CW's B3 is also unsafe and punishable. Besides that, I agree with @BartenderJeeves More hit confirm. You CW definitely looks good though.
OMG THANK YOU!
I was always telling him that those B3s are not good the way he goes about using them

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
Few things. And I'm by no mean a pro so I might be wrong.

- you aren't using her strings enough. Your main footsies tool is F1. It's your main way to get to your opponent because of it's range, it's an overhead and is +2 on block. F1 (F112) and B1 (B12D3) are your main overhead and low starters for combos. Go into practice mode and work on her strings, see how far they reach, get use to using them.

- you use way too many empty specials, especially cat dash. Don't get me wrong, using specials on reads is great, but you will get blown up if you just throw them out willy nilly.

- I think I saw you use jump 2 once at the start of the match. You don't want to be jumping around all the time, but it's one of her best tools, especially for controlling space, or making your opponent respect it so they can't just move around all they want. That is also something to get into practice mode with. See how far it reaches, jumping forward, backwards. Jump 2 into f1 is a great way to get in on your opponents, and you're + which means your opponent needs to make a choice of what he is going to do if he blocks it. Jump 1 is 5 frames, it's her best AA tool, I didn't see you use it once in that match.

- waking up is tough for CW, her trait is her only invincible wake up, you need to wake up sometimes to prove to your opponent you're willing to do it, but she gets wreaked on knock down, you need to understand who you're playing (character wise) what their options are against you and what you're going to do about it.

- Oki, CW has an absurd number of hard knock downs (which means a knock down that they cannot tech roll after) the reason for that is she has an excellent mix up game when you knock your opponent down. Again you need to know what your opponent can do, and what your answer is to that. It's what makes her dangerous.

- meter management. I felt like you were using meter at all the wrong times. Sacrifice damage for set ups. For example my standard meter less combo usually goes f112 or b12d3~catclaws, b3, f3, 1f2, this combo does decent dmg and gives you a hard knock down set up. That does about 35-36% I think. I only use meter in combos if I'm in a position where I need to catch up, I have meter to burn or I have such a lead I just want to swag. I don't ever think using meter on cat claws is a good idea. Check out the forums and take a look at your combos.

- CW has a lot of trouble playing "her game" against a lot of characters. That means you have to understand MUs very well to be successful against most of the cast. Doomsday sucks for CW, so knowing how to deal with a lot of his tools is important. Did you know that you can cat parry doomsday's shoulder? You have to read it, but you can also cancel parry into trait for a punish (and you always get one scratch for a successful parry).

It's difficult being successful with CW sometimes. But we love her, so we stick with it. Keep grinding. And never be afraid to ask. Hope this helped.
THIS!!!