What's new

General/Other I need help, guys...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Man...what a frustrating time this has been. I'm around like...300-600 or so record wise and all I play is Batman.

So I decided to write about some of my frustrations, some of my issues, and generally ask the Bat-community for suggestions and advice.

So, here we go...

I feel like our character gets zoned out pretty easily. I know every one's go-to answer is mechanical bats. I use them often to get in, but sometimes I wonder if I'm just doing something wrong or what, because even when tossing a singular bat out at an opponent, if its a Killer Frost, or a Superman, sometimes even Raven...if they get me full-screen, I stay full-screen until death. Black Adam too, I suppose. And Deathstroke.

I also feel as though when pressured, our character doesn't have a whole lot of options. Against Runway Mafia's amazing Hawk Girl, I had no idea what to do. I've been trying to incorporate backdashing after blockstrings/pokes, but sometimes I have to wonder if that just corners me easier? Is that really the best option instead of trying to poke/counterpoke?

I've been trying to do more string staggering instead of complete block strings. 1,2 are at advantage on hit, so I try to follow up with a b1, or 11 into something, etc. With the holes in his strings, what can you do to maintain the pressure? I saw REO use 112 into enhanced batarang to maintain pressure, and that's worked all right so far.

Basically, I feel like the character can be zoned out or pressured with ease. This is especially true on wake up. Should we just roll and block?

Also, jumping. Every one and their mother can jump on me. This has always been a weakness of mine, but it seems like Bats doesn't have great answers. I can catch people with Up Batarang and grapple, but against some characters(Catwoman,Wonder Woman,Probably Deathstroke, Scorpion) those options don't seem very viable.

I know I sound super salty and scrubby. I'm sorry for that. I'm also trying not to downplay this character. I think he's very good. I think he's solid and quite versatile. However, I don't quite seem him as this unstoppable killing machine that some people make him out to be.

So, what kind of tips can you guys give?
I am fully able to take criticism.
I am also very free.

Thanks, guys/gals/Bat-people.

Ok, here we go:

- Yes, it is kind of tough to get in on the top tiers of the cast, but Batman can do it. Be patient, jump and dash only after you avoid a projectile, and try to use trait bats only to punish their whiffed fireballs; in order to do that, something that you MUST do is look the other character all the time. This has been said tons of times, but at least when I am losing the zoning battle, it is mostly because I am not focusing in the other player, so I`ve had to say it.

- Pressuring Batman is always a risk because, among other reasons, of his 6 frames standing 1... you need to make opponents respect that. Also, you have parry, which you can use on reaction (and ONLY on reaction!!!) Backdash is a good option too, and if you fear being cornered, remember that the Caped Crusader has plenty of ways to change position with his opponent.

- When you are pressuring, use stagger block strings, MB batarang, canceling strings into trait, crossing over, throws, etc, and practice hit confirming!!! Normals in this game don`t do as much chip damage as in MK9, so pressuring for the sake of pressure will not get you anywhere. Mix up overheads, lows and throws and hit confirm as much as possible.

- Anti air is a problem Batman has, in some matchups (Superman, Wonder Woman, Killer Frost) it is better to run than try to anti air. Sometimes is better to trade with jumping 2... b2 is also useful.

That`s kind of it. Something that helps a lot is to record your matches, and then watch them again to see what you did wrong. And also, don`t get frustrated. Play to learn, focus in improving your mistakes, mix stuff up, and you will be improving as a player in no time... and also getting those Ws, but getting better is WAY more important.

I hope this helps!!!

The problem is how you are controlling your ground.
your going where hawkgirl can reach you, where people can get an easy jump in if you stumble, your not making the space you need when someone gets in on you. I know this is your problem because RunwayMafia is a lousy HawkGirl in nearly every aspect. You will find against a foe like Espio that being full screen is not giving you any progression and you have to work your way in especially with a Batman who gets most of his work done up close. Keep in mind the math of where HG is and where she can strike to, you will find they will be there own demise. Also Batman can parry a mace charge I believe so when Mafia throws out one of his signature full screen yolo charges you will have all Tuesday to blow it up with a parry
I wouldn't listen to Vigilante either
if your batman, always play with one bat out all the time if you can. People say nerf it but thats batmans tool against air assaults. his AA attacks are bat, B2, his air projectiles, instant ji1 or ji2, and you can even hit with his standing 1 on alot of jump ins because it will come out faster than most air attacks and hits pretty high

your going where hawkgirl can reach you, where people can get an easy jump in if you stumble, your not making the space you need when someone gets in on you. I know this is your problem because RunwayMafia is a lousy HawkGirl in nearly every aspect. You will find against a foe like Espio that being full screen is not giving you any progression and you have to work your way in especially with a Batman who gets most of his work done up close. Keep in mind the math of where HG is and where she can strike to, you will find they will be there own demise. Also Batman can parry a mace charge I believe so when Mafia throws out one of his signature full screen yolo charges you will have all Tuesday to blow it up with a parry
if your batman, always play with one bat out all the time if you can. People say nerf it but thats batmans tool against air assaults. his AA attacks are bat, B2, his air projectiles, instant ji1 or ji2, and you can even hit with his standing 1 on alot of jump ins because it will come out faster than most air attacks and hits pretty high
May I ask why wouldn't you listen to me?

Rude Batman struggles against Hardcore zoners for sure. I don't find myself struggling against jumpers that much.

My advice to you is, like Mash said, always have at least 1 bat out at all times. You shouldn't even be moving offensively
without bats on the field. They are advantage on block and hit. You should be anti-airing on reaction with B2 and J2.
Both of those normals have outstanding priority.

Batman has both an amazing back-dash and forward-dash, use them for offense
and defense. If you're at a range where you don't think you can anti-air you opponent's jumping attack, choose either dashing away or blocking. If you 100% READ a jumpin at close range, you can always shoot an air grapple. That'll make em think twice.

You can also try ending your combos in grapple to maintain pressure, instead of ending with B2, 3.
Against zoners, I kind of free style. mixup dashing and blocking with dashing and throwing out bats,
dashing then double jumping. Dashing, jumping, then air sparkles. The main thing that'll make them
respect your zoning is, of course, bats. Remember, Batman is one of the few characters in this game
where you actually have to think while playing Injustice. I hope this helped at least a little bit. lol

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Man...what a frustrating time this has been. I'm around like...300-600 or so record wise and all I play is Batman.

So I decided to write about some of my frustrations, some of my issues, and generally ask the Bat-community for suggestions and advice.

So, here we go...
I'm sure we all can relate to what your going through. Everyone has given you some great feedback. What turned the page for me personally was watching video. You can learn a ton just by watching yourself and other players. Incorporate bits and pieces of other players strategies and make it your own.

I always attempt to keep attacking whether I'm up close or away. Bats is not build for defense. If you have some distance throw out your trait and Batarangs (mix between front and up). As you do this keep moving forward or make your opponent come to you. If he or she chooses the latter make your opponent choose whether to block high or low as they approach you or as you rush them. You can also throw out some calculated dash in or dash outs. The key is to be unpredictable to keep your opponent on his or her toes. Don't be afraid to throw them.

Don't forgot you can never ever ever ever use J2 too much.

I personally like to mix up the "rush down" with the "come to me" approach.

Hopefully this helps. If your on XBL I'd be open to getting some matches in.

I also looked on your profile and noticed your from Thibodeaux. I attended college at NSU. :)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
;)

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
@RunawayMafia

I would like to watch the set too. I struggle against Hawkgirl as pretty much all my mains. NOBODY plays HG so when I run into one, I have no idea what to do. The d1 into flight into the downward smash (no idea what it's called) catches me almost every time, not to mention I haven't even looked at her frame data yet.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
If you devote your trait to solely aiding in zoning, Batman outzones a majority of the cast, which helps him keep life leads.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
If you are struggling with getting in and anti-air, perhaps try a character that is stronger in these areas, or plays a different game? I know there is a lot of hate for Deathstroke, but he is good at what he does.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I appreciate all of this feed back. I really, really do. Thanks a lot, guys.

Also Runway..feel free to do just that.

Rude
So I was reading my post again, and there is something I want to clarify: When I said that you should use trait bats only to punish whiffed projectiles, I meant that in the context of getting in on a zoner; Because trait bats do not give Batman any advantage on block, releasing them in a neutral situation is always a gamble, and never a good one. Outside of that situation, trait bats are Batman`s range, and many other things... but being a Batman main, you should already know that.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I dislike when I see threads about Batman players saying it's difficult.
This displeases me thoroughly.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Just trying to play better, sir.
I know it's fair enough, But Batman makes me so salty and he's so easy to play with that I get saltier when people who play him ask for advice on him, as if it's not easy enough already :'(
DAMN YOU BATMAN!!

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Considering all his strings have holes in them, he's very limited in pressure options if he doesn't mix it up well. He can be poked out of many of his strings, not to mention his strings don't have very much reach. Once I learned to use the trait better, it becomes way, way easier.