What's new

Question - Hollywood I need help doing Instant Air Guns

Hi, I have been trying to do the Instant Air Guns for a while now and while I have been able to improve lately it seems that I'm "stuck" and i can' t do it any sooner than what I am doing now.

I was wondering if you had any tips to help me out, Thanks in advance

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
No tips, just keep practicing. There is a delay on the the instant air technique. I honestly feel like you only need to do instant air when facing sub zero grandmaster

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No tips, just keep practicing. There is a delay on the the instant air technique. I honestly feel like you only need to do instant air when facing sub zero grandmaster
Haha did you just pick up Cassie? Thought you were using Jacqui. It's funny, cause I just started fiddling around with Jacqui :)

delbuster

hungry
the only advice i can give is to have clean inputs.
up
back
forward

and just work on your speed slowly.

any extra inputs will result in inconsistency

as long as i don't have a stick for my ps4 i switch to the sticks on the pad for the instant air gun stuff.. i always switch between them and the d-pad.. try it out it is much easier.. and do a tiger knee motion.. i go from u/b to forward really fast in one motion and now it comes out like 7/10 times

delbuster

hungry
just FYI; that's not a tiger knee motion, tiger knee motions don't work in this game.
a tiger knee motion would be doing the special move motion on the ground, then quickly jumping and pressing the button

since mortal kombat specials directly stop working if you have the wrong directional input last, it literally cannot work
(in instant air gun shot's case, the motion would be back forward up 1)

Reactions: GQJ
yeah but you get the idea
better than writing every input down.. and for me it works as long as i input it fast enough lol
i don't know i find it harder to input the up, back, forward instead of doing circle motions

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
make threads demanding buffs or at least passive aggresive ones implying that they need them

but ya i dont like the input either. cyborg's fireball was the same way and i couldnt enjoy playing him cause i didnt have a hitbox. you could say it was a true tragedy and its what stopped me from mopping up majors free af with him and showing off the charcter's real potential as i was prob the best cyborg in north america

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Mine are usually off, will try it with on later today after work. As always, thanks based @RiBBz22
For some reason I can do them way better from the left side than the right. I am not really super consistent with them, but the shortcut definitely works. I think I liked doing it this way on the PS3 controller much better.

Shady

Noob
For some reason I can do them way better from the left side than the right. I am not really super consistent with them, but the shortcut definitely works. I think I liked doing it this way on the PS3 controller much better.
I was the same way with iAGB for Kabal in MK9. Going from the right was much easier than going from the left for both iAGB and dash cancels.

So I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about, at Northwest Majors one of the players was using Hollywood Cassie Cage and was doing Air Akimbo shots that were nearly instant from jump.

In other words the shot came out immediately after jump, so that both shots hit the opponent in the head. It wasn't on the way back down.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the technique to this is. Does anyone have any clues?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Shit sucks to do on dpad. I cant do it on the right side of the screen most of the time. But the left comes out pretty quick. Online just sucks.
I wish Jville, North Carolina had a fighting scene