What's new

I love this game

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
whoa calm down. tekken 7 is already better than mk11 competitively. mk11 may have better single player content but it's not like tekken 7 doesn't have any at all. mk11's single player (towers) was pretty shit on release and they've actually regressed in single player content since mk9 and mkx
MK11 is better then T7 from all angels, both in single player and competitive. Also like I said, the only issue that the Towers had at launch was just the difficulty alone, aside from that everything else in the towers was just fine, and NRS/WB have fixed it in 48 hours alone. And T7's single player is not just about "not having at all", once again it is super lacking and even insulting (did you see the endings on the one-fight-only story mode?). And the single player in NRS/WB games is not regressed at all. Get your facts straight dude.

the reasonable negativity and gripes are about things actually wrong with the game though. now if you're just combing through tym looking for negative posts then i guess it's gonna want you to make a thread about it.
If you actually have seen TYM on daily basis you would see that a shit ton of the comments and the threads are either about outrageously small stuff that are all about the posters just trying to get likes and approvals, and both those and the extremely few ones are about legit issues are intentionally being blown out of proportions, again just for likes and approval. And that's the nicest way to describe this.

And yes it's not just a TYM thing, but TYM does have the reputation for being the playground for hate posters for NRS/WB games. I myself didn't post anything on here for like over two months for that reason. That's how it was since MK9.

So yeah, let's keep as much positive spirit as we can and as long as possible :)

Last edited:
MK11 is better then T7 from all angels, both in single player and competitive. Also like I said, the only issue that the Towers had at launch was just the difficulty alone, aside from that everything else in the towers was just fine, and NRS/WB have fixed it in 48 hours alone. And T7's single player is not just about "not having at all", once again it is super lacking and even insulting (did you see the endings on the one-fight-only story mode?). And the single player in NRS/WB games is not regressed at all. Get your facts straight dude.

If you actually have seen TYM on daily basis you would see that a shit ton of the comments and the threads are either about outrageously small stuff that are all about but the posters just trying to get likes and approvals, and both those and the extremely few ones are about legit issues are intentionally being blown out of proportions, again just for likes and approval. And that's the nicest way to describe this.

And yes it's not just a TYM thing, but TYM does have the reputation for being the playground for hate posters for NRS/WB games. I myself didn't post anything on here for like over two months for that reason. That's how it was since MK9.

So yeah, let's keep as much positive spirit as long as possible :)
Look you can try to force positivity as much as you want but that's the way it is. Tekken having something instead of nothing isn't the way. You're right. They used to have great single player content. It's definitely not ok. In the case of sf5 who barely had any single player content at all and the ones they did have were not acceptable. Mk11 has good single player content but let's not try to pretend that it didn't used to be better. Tekken 7 is much better than mk11 competitively. People don't just swarm to the same strong character besides geese now but the tekken devs know how to balance barring a couple stupid decisions. Also being that tekken is probably the most balanced fighter on the market. I'll wait until someone wins one of the biggest mk tournaments with like skarlet, kollector, or kitana like how rangchu won with bears

Roy Arkon

Look you can try to force positivity as much as you want but that's the way it is. Tekken having something instead of nothing isn't the way. You're right. They used to have great single player content. It's definitely not ok. In the case of sf5 who barely had any single player content at all and the ones they did have were not acceptable. Mk11 has good single player content but let's not try to pretend that it didn't used to be better. Tekken 7 is much better than mk11 competitively. People don't just swarm to the same strong character besides geese now but the tekken devs know how to balance barring a couple stupid decisions. Also being that tekken is probably the most balanced fighter on the market. I'll wait until someone wins one of the biggest mk tournaments with like skarlet, kollector, or kitana like how rangchu won with bears
Force positivity? All of the negative stuff that is posted is what's being forced here, all of it down our throats. and also being blown out of proportions. Having just ONE positive thread to make negative people see things in the right perspective isn't forcing anything on anyone.

And yes, you also don't get things in the right perspective or even knowledge, sadly. NRS/WB's single player do get better at all the time: The story modes, the extra modes, the content and unlockables to unlock, customization, the arcade modes etc; everything gets better every time.

And did you actually have seen tournies? People don't "swarm" to the strong characters, there is a ton of character variety in all of the tournies, just like Dreamhack had a GIGANTIC selection of characters in it's top 16 and top 8. The winner alone doesn't indicating anything. Also, there was a tournament in Brazil this past weekend called Treta Championship which was won by a player named Konqueror249, and he won the whole thing with Sub-Zero alone, and you had guys who used chars like Liu Kang and Sonya and such and very strong players like Killer Xinok. MK11 is a super balanced game, it is the most balanced that NRS had at release and it's because they are only getting better with everything in each game including the balance, unlike Harada's team that while they are good at the balance and still are but only getting worse with almost everything else.

Also Skarlet is actually a strong character, people just don't use her a lot, but she is strong and it's a well known fact.

You are seriously out of touch, I'm sorry dude.

So like I said, let's keep the positive spirit going :)

Last edited:
Force positivity? All of the negative stuff that is posted is what's being forced here, all of it down our throats. and also being blown out of proportions. Having just ONE positive thread to make negative people see things in the right perspective isn't forcing anything on anyone.

And yes, you also don't get things in the right perspective or even knowledge, sadly. NRS/WB's single player do get better at all the time: The story modes, the extra modes, the content and unlockables to unlock, customization, the arcade modes etc; everything gets better every time.

And did you actually have seen tournies? People don't "swarm" to the strong characters, there is a ton of character variety in all of the tournies, just like Dreamhack had a GIGANTIC selection of characters in it's top 16 and top 8. The winner alone doesn't indicating anything. Also, there was a tournament in Brazil this past weekend called Treta Championship which was won by a player named Konqueror249, and he won the whole thing with Sub-Zero alone, and you had guys who used chars like Liu Kang and Sonya and such and very strong players like Killer Xinok. MK11 is a super balanced game, it is the most balanced that NRS had at release and it's because they are only getting better with everything in each game including the balance, unlike Harada's team that while they are good at the balance and still are but only getting worse with almost everything else.

Also Skarlet is actually a strong character, people just don't use her a lot, but she is strong and it's a well known fact.

You are seriously out of touch, I'm sorry dude.

So like I said, let's keep the positive spirit going :)
Negativity is definitely not being forced unless you just easily get your feelings hurt because of some things people say on the internet. I've seen people advocate for positivity but you're actually trying to force it. I've definitely seen a number of positive threads and status updates to go with the negative ones. Don't focus solely on the negative ones that are just whiners and complainers. I'm sorry but I've already seen the majority of people say mk9s story mode was the best one. Mkx story mode at least had the cool qte sections with some of it's problems. Cinematography for mk11 was nice but there was a lot of bad that went with it. Extra modes? How you gonna have an mk without test your might? They couldn't even bring back the 999 towers from mk9. Mk11's unlock system was made to pad the game out for long lasting "support"which people didn't agree with. Yeah let me jump through hoops to finally get that gear piece or brutality I wanted. With mk9 and mkx it was laid all out there. That's why inj2 even had a better gear system than mk11. Mk11 is fun when it can be but there's no reason to be making excuses for these guys

As a mk game, the best of all times.

As a marketing platform for warner brothers, as a game with bad game design and AI (Towers of time) and a game that forces me everytime to do things that I do not want to do and dont have time to, is the worst in the series, for sure.

Roy Arkon

Negativity is definitely not being forced unless you just easily get your feelings hurt because of some things people say on the internet. I've seen people advocate for positivity but you're actually trying to force it. I've definitely seen a number of positive threads and status updates to go with the negative ones. Don't focus solely on the negative ones that are just whiners and complainers. I'm sorry but I've already seen the majority of people say mk9s story mode was the best one. Mkx story mode at least had the cool qte sections with some of it's problems. Cinematography for mk11 was nice but there was a lot of bad that went with it. Extra modes? How you gonna have an mk without test your might? They couldn't even bring back the 999 towers from mk9. Mk11's unlock system was made to pad the game out for long lasting "support"which people didn't agree with. Yeah let me jump through hoops to finally get that gear piece or brutality I wanted. With mk9 and mkx it was laid all out there. That's why inj2 even had a better gear system than mk11. Mk11 is fun when it can be but there's no reason to be making excuses for these guys
You talk about me "forcing positivity" yet the only reason we have this argument is because you kept the argument that John Grizzely started going when he mentioned Tekken 7 after I said that no other fighter is worth playing except MK11, and also your extra comment towards Shawnderbot who is the OP. You and John are the ones who try to force negativity here, otherwise neither of you would make any of those comments towards anybody in a thread that is supposed to be all about positivity in a sea of unnecessary forced negative threads and comments which is a well known fact when it comes to the NRS/WB competitive community and especially TYM. It's not us getting our feelings hurt, it's because the negativity is being blown out of proportions, and that's a fact.

And it clearly shows in this post of yours, considering all of the misinformation and relying on other people's negative comments that you got here. MK9 and MKX's story modes were both amazing, each in their own way, just like MK11's story mode is amazing, as well as IJ1 and IJ2's story modes, again each in their own way. MK11 story is amazing for it's duration and closing this current saga of MK before starting a new one in MK12. All the people who say that MK9's story was the best are just MK9 apologists that say to this day that MK9 is the best one from all angels just because that was the game they started playing competitively or just because of the nostalgic factor of it alone and nothing more.

Also every single MK game between MK2 to MK Vs. DC didn't had the Test Your Might mode as well with the exception of MKDA, yet the single players in those games were still so rich and with so many things to do (respectively to the time of each game being released over the years, of course). Also, the "999 towers from MK9"? You mean the 300 Challenge Tower? Yes it was an awesome mode but we already got similar modes that are just as awesome: MKX with it's Living Towers, IJ2 with it's Multiverse mode and MK11 with it's Towers of Time. Why bring back the mode when we have these modes to play?

And the unlock system in MK11 is just fine and works as it should be. All of the complainers are just people that wanted to get everything in like 3 days and then demand more content that was about to make it to game anyway and it did, not because they content would've come to the game anyway because only because of entitlement alone. You need to make people to come back to your game and NRS/WB did it just that and in the right way. Also both the MK11 and IJ2 customization system are awesome, each in their own way. MK11 focuses more on the moves you can pick for your moveset with cosmetics that are varied but you don't have to worry about unlocking more of the same after you have unlocked it once, while IJ2 is focusing more on the cosmetics that can always pop up until you get what you want with just a bit extra attention to the moves. And unlocking stuff in MK11 isn't that hard at all, especially the finishing moves, the grind was always long in NRS and Midway games, all the way back to MKDA.

I'm not saying anything because of what other people said as a part of internet bandwagons, I go by the facts and history, which clearly you don't. If you actually wanted to say anything under actual constructive criticism and not forced negativity, you won't say anything of those things and especially not in that manner or timing. You just exposed yourself of being another complainer who goes only by the bandwagons and nothing more, and you keep only derailing the thread, and you just proved even further why no one should come to TYM even when someone tries to help it. It's not worth taking to you anymore, or to any one who complains in a response for that matter.

With that being said, we will keep the positivity going strong. MK11 is the best fighting game on the planet today and no other fighting game is worth playing right now, period :)

@Roy Arkon and @spidey300 Let's not deraill and ruin a decent thread with an argument over Tekken.. There's really room for both of them in the FGC :cool:
No worries dude, not gonna talk to him or anyone who responses to me in a negative manner anymore anyway, only positivity from now on :)

Last edited:
You talk about me "forcing positivity" yet the only reason we have this argument is because you kept the argument that John Grizzely started going when he mentioned Tekken 7 after I said that no other fighter is worth playing except MK11, and also your extra comment towards Shawnderbot who is the OP. You and John are the ones who try to force negativity here, otherwise neither of you would make any of those comments towards anybody in a thread that is supposed to be all about positivity in a sea of unnecessary forced negative threads and comments which is a well known fact when it comes to the NRS/WB competitive community and especially TYM. It's not us getting our feelings hurt, it's because the negativity is being blown out of proportions, and that's a fact.

And it clearly shows in this post of yours, considering all of the misinformation and relying on other people's negative comments that you got here. MK9 and MKX's story modes were both amazing, each in their own way, just like MK11's story mode is amazing, as well as IJ1 and IJ2's story modes, again each in their own way. MK11 story is amazing for it's duration and closing this current saga of MK before starting a new one in MK12. All the people who say that MK9's story was the best are just MK9 apologists that say to this day that MK9 is the best one from all angels just because that was the game they started playing competitively or just because of the nostalgic factor of it alone and nothing more.

Also every single MK game between MK2 to MK Vs. DC didn't had the Test Your Might mode as well with the exception of MKDA, yet the single players in those games were still so rich and with so many things to do (respectively to the time of each game being released over the years, of course). Also, the "999 towers from MK9"? You mean the 300 Challenge Tower? Yes it was an awesome mode but we already got similar modes that are just as awesome: MKX with it's Living Towers, IJ2 with it's Multiverse mode and MK11 with it's Towers of Time. Why bring back the mode when we have these modes to play?

And the unlock system in MK11 is just fine and works as it should be. All of the complainers are just people that wanted to get everything in like 3 days and then demand more content that was about to make it to game anyway and it did, not because they content would've come to the game anyway because only because of entitlement alone. You need to make people to come back to your game and NRS/WB did it just that and in the right way. Also both the MK11 and IJ2 customization system are awesome, each in their own way. MK11 focuses more on the moves you can pick for your moveset with cosmetics that are varied but you don't have to worry about unlocking more of the same after you have unlocked it once, while IJ2 is focusing more on the cosmetics that can always pop up until you get what you want with just a bit extra attention to the moves. And unlocking stuff in MK11 isn't that hard at all, especially the finishing moves, the grind was always long in NRS and Midway games, all the way back to MKDA.

I'm not saying anything because of what other people said as a part of internet bandwagons, I go by the facts and history, which clearly you don't. If you actually wanted to say anything under actual constructive criticism and not forced negativity, you won't say anything of those things and especially not in that manner or timing. You just exposed yourself of being another complainer who goes only by the bandwagons and nothing more, and you keep only derailing the thread, and you just proved even further why no one should come to TYM even when someone tries to help it. It's not worth taking to you anymore, or to any one who complains in a response for that matter.

With that being said, we will keep the positivity going strong. MK11 is the best fighting game on the planet today and no other fighting game is worth playing right now, period :)

No worries dude, not gonna talk to him or anyone who responses to me in a negative manner anymore anyway, only positivity from now on :)
Nah, just have to talk to some of you guys like children because you just want to blindly force a positive spin on anything. Look at that. You just shit talked mk9 fans and called them apologists. We got a hypocrite over here. So you basically want to take away the unique parts of what made these modes special and cram them into something lifeless like towers of time. Mk9 300 tower was special because there was something specially unique about each floor. Living towers at least had some kind of flair. Towers of time was just this lifeless experience where they just threw shit on the screen. Sure it's gotten better but it's no replacement for the better modes the past games had. People have been begging for tag team back. Believe me, if I wanted to bring up inj I would have. Now you want to spin some bullshit about the moves in mk11? Surely you remember they were going full in on customs, realized they didn't know how to balance them, and then backpedaled by giving these lazy variations and want to make up for it by giving a third? Come on now. Pulling up inj2, they don't get a pass for it either because cool moves characters had, had to be found and unlocked but doesn't matter because not allowed in ranked anyway. There grind was nowhere near as bad as release mk11. Mk9, everything was laid out in the krypt. Mkx added exploration but everything wasn't random. Look up a simple guide online and now you know where to find what you want. That's like the icing. Mk11 best fighting game on the planet and no other fighting game worth. That's some pretty toxic thinking you've got their. One might even say, negative. Keep forcing that positivity though

Benlo

PrayforSareena
MK11 is not that bad, it is "ok" for me. I miss the fun/combo creativity of MKX.

And my mains in MK11 have serious hitboxes issues : / NRS : fix Jade and Kitana ><

Roy Arkon

Nah, just have to talk to some of you guys like children because you just want to blindly force a positive spin on anything. Look at that. You just shit talked mk9 fans and called them apologists. We got a hypocrite over here. So you basically want to take away the unique parts of what made these modes special and cram them into something lifeless like towers of time. Mk9 300 tower was special because there was something specially unique about each floor. Living towers at least had some kind of flair. Towers of time was just this lifeless experience where they just threw shit on the screen. Sure it's gotten better but it's no replacement for the better modes the past games had. People have been begging for tag team back. Believe me, if I wanted to bring up inj I would have. Now you want to spin some bullshit about the moves in mk11? Surely you remember they were going full in on customs, realized they didn't know how to balance them, and then backpedaled by giving these lazy variations and want to make up for it by giving a third? Come on now. Pulling up inj2, they don't get a pass for it either because cool moves characters had, had to be found and unlocked but doesn't matter because not allowed in ranked anyway. There grind was nowhere near as bad as release mk11. Mk9, everything was laid out in the krypt. Mkx added exploration but everything wasn't random. Look up a simple guide online and now you know where to find what you want. That's like the icing. Mk11 best fighting game on the planet and no other fighting game worth. That's some pretty toxic thinking you've got their. One might even say, negative. Keep forcing that positivity though
Whatever dude, keep the forced negativity to yourself. No one that is sane needs it. Moving on :)

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I see so much negativity on this website. Given I’m not the best player on the planet but mk11 has sunk its teeth in me like no mk/injustice game ever has. We got it good folks, there’s online tournaments to join if you want to compete, there’s major tournaments online to watch top players compete, and there’s an infinite amount of information at our hands to learn to be better.

Bit of a rant but this game is dope. Enjoy it!
Whoa whoa whoa... positivity on the internet?! What is going on here?? The full moon isn’t until tomorrow!

I’m playing the lottery today.

Roy Arkon

Whoa whoa whoa... positivity on the internet?! What is going on here?? The full moon isn’t until tomorrow!

I’m playing the lottery today.
I know right? A thing that is too rare these days then what it should be. Good thing we have it right now :)