What's new

I love Nightwolf

Hemlock

Noob
I know there is tons of Nightwolf hate, but just wanted this forum so I can blab about how great he is.

I just beat arcade ladder for the first time with him last night. What was up with the ending?! Aieee....

Big fan of the 1,2,2,1 and f1,1,1 combos as well as Enhanced Shoulder Charge. boo yow.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I know there is tons of Nightwolf hate, but just wanted this forum so I can blab about how great he is.

I just beat arcade ladder for the first time with him last night. What was up with the ending?! Aieee....

Big fan of the 1,2,2,1 and f1,1,1 combos as well as Enhanced Shoulder Charge. boo yow.
Fucking A-right. EX Shoulder is GOD-like

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Don't know much about Nightwolf, but am delighted to hear you're enjoying this character. You have to play his story mode chapter, not spoiling anything, but it's good life, godlike material :D.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
'SAY IT WITCHO CHEST.'
-Nightwolf, upon successful reflection
I think it's funny how everyone jumped on his dick in UMK3 cuz he was so good but now they abandoned him cuz you actually have to WORK for your wins with him now in MK9. He wasn't that great in MKD/MKA but that shit didn't stop me from owning people w/ him. NightWolf since 1995, Nukka lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
he is just solid but cant compete at highest level...it sucks. online he is fun though.
You DID mean Offline right? I'm thinking this cuz I can't ever link B+2 between Axes online, but it's fairly easy offline and if I do manage to get lucky and link the B+2, either the 2nd Axe misses or I'll get as far as (1,2,2, Axe, B+2, Axe) and then the opponent has already dropped too far for the ff1, to link so normally just have to do AxeX2 and go right into ff1 (usually ff, 1 x 5 to 7) just to come close to dishing out his standard 41-42% he gets offline.

Same w/ his corner combo, (JIP), F+3,1(or B+2,2), Axe, B+2, Axe, F+3,1,2, ...1,2,2xXShoulder or Choke for 49%. It always tends to drop them after F+3,1,2

Am I the only one this type of shit happens to or is that just NightWolf online in general from any connection? Ironically none of that is very hard to land consistently offline.
L0rdoftheFLY Big D AYSAMO GamerBlake90 Check @Shit, who else plays NW?

AYSAMO

Noob
I can do his mid-screen combo online after a lot of practice. I don't even do a corner combo with him online, I use the same BnB I do midscreen lol.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Uh, doesn't every d4 beat shoulder?

Jus saiyan.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk
If you're dumb enough to throw Shoulders out there that aren't going to connect, yes - absolutely. A completely invincible, uninterruptable, top-priority move would be kinda gamebreaking otherwise. Interrupting is fine, but if I'm not mistaken, ducking normal Shoulder and punishing w/ a full combo like traditional MK is the best choice, however I am still undecided on what's best to counter EX Shoulder with. Check out the frame-data on it, I'm sure it varies what's best from character to character.

EDIT: and it's also better to D+1 rather than D+4, iirc

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I picked up Nightwolf lately too and i love him.. he has his problems but hes an awesome character. hes my new second :D

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I actually like this character. What exactly makes him weak? Last time I checked he had pretty good stuff overall.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I actually like this character. What exactly makes him weak? Last time I checked he had pretty good stuff overall.
his wake-ups are considered kinda shitty cuz he can be poked out of his best ones. Sweep was great range but is overall pretty slow, and he lacks decent mids/overheads. He does great meterless (37-42%) damage but lacks a good means of administering it.

He's a good character and has good tools, it just that the layout of the other characters and the meta-game make him struggle in comparison, for example not being able to use Chest Reflect on several characters (Kenshi, Cyrax, Smoke[?], Scorpion[?], Rain[?] and most of Ermac's) at ALL. The majority of his normals are pretty safe, but again, many are quite slow. Ill post more as i think of them if there are more

They really should have given him his Hatchets to lead with in the same manner as Kitana is set-up....Hatchets adding range to D+1, F+2, standing 1/2, etc. Traditional free Lightning Bolt-OTG would have helped his pressure game tremendously as well, since his pressuring is virtually nonexistent