What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

how does DS punish BA's dive kick on block?
What can DS do vs BA's wake up move? I go too close and try to cross up or attack him I get hit by that move
I try to meter F3 overhead I absorb 1 hit but cant hit him
I do 1 step back and jump in from a little far away from BA so his wakeup move wont hit me and I can punish him, but when good BA player realize that they only do that wake up move when I am close / jump in from close range

so what to do?
thx

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
What can DS do vs BA's wake up move? I go too close and try to cross up or attack him I get hit by that move
I do 1 step back and jump in from a little far away from BA so his wakeup move wont hit me and I can punish him, but when good BA player realize that they only do that wake up move when I am close / jump in from close range

so what to do?
thx
for his lightning cage you can neutral jump it. divekick i have no idea i just react do the startup and jb3.

ryublaze

Noob

so what to do?
thx
basically what jonnitti said. also walking back and waiting for the lightning cage to whfif then doing a F3 punishes it. MB F3 u have to time it so u absorb the 1st hit and hit him before the 2nd hit comes out. I punish blocked dive kick with 323 unless it's at the lowest point then i think the only way u can punish that is with sword flip.

ryublaze

Noob
How to beat delayed wake-ups with Deathstroke:

If you notice your opponent delaying their wake-up to beat out Deathstroke's b1u2, you can alternatively cancel the b1 into sword spin. The reason this works is because sword spin has a 7 frame startup while the 2nd hit of b1u2 is 20 frames. You have to time the b1 as a meaty so that it hits as soon as the opponent can block it. Since you are doing the b1 as early as possible, they won't be able to delay their wake-up. What happens is that the b1 will go through the invincibility frames of the wake-up attack, then the sword spin will stuff the wake-up as soon as the invincibility frames wear off. You can do this with d1 xx sword spin and b22 as well. It's hard to do this midscreen though because you have to have perfect execution and enough frame advantage to get off the d1 or b2 xx sword spin.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
How to beat delayed wake-ups with Deathstroke:

If you notice your opponent delaying their wake-up to beat out Deathstroke's b1u2, you can alternatively cancel the b1 into sword spin. The reason this works is because sword spin has a 7 frame startup while the 2nd hit of b1u2 is 20 frames. You have to time the b1 as a meaty so that it hits as soon as the opponent can block it. Since you are doing the b1 as early as possible, they won't be able to delay their wake-up. What happens is that the b1 will go through the invincibility frames of the wake-up attack, then the sword spin will stuff the wake-up as soon as the invincibility frames wear off. You can do this with d1 xx sword spin and b22 as well. It's hard to do this midscreen though because you have to have perfect execution and enough frame advantage to get off the d1 or b2 xx sword spin.
This is good tech! Though this needs to be tested on Doomsday's wakeup MB venom with double armor invincibility. I'd test this myself, but you need 2 people to test this.

ryublaze

Noob
This is good tech! Though this needs to be tested on Doomsday's wakeup MB venom with double armor invincibility. I'd test this myself, but you need 2 people to test this.
it works on doomsday too he can't MB it in time. u can test this with 1 person just set the AI to do the b1 sword spin and try to wake up with doomsday. :)

ryublaze

Noob
btw this isn't just a deathstroke thing. it works with all fast multi-hitting moves. Flash can d12, doomsday can earthshaker, catwoman can do f11, wonder woman can do 33, usually anything with the 2nd hit being around 12 frame startup or less.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
it works on doomsday too he can't MB it in time. u can test this with 1 person just set the AI to do the b1 sword spin and try to wake up with doomsday. :)
Yep it works! You can also use b2~db3 as an overhead mixup. The only wakeup attack that doomsday can use that gets through this tech is the upward venom (db3), however its really unsafe for doomsday to use.. I'm going to yolo this.

ryublaze

Noob
Didn't see these posted, just posting for information. Off of jump 3 if ur going for mix-up u can hit confirm into these combos and on some of them he gets a midscreen f3 cross-up. Also swag machine gun combo at the end...

<.<

NHDR

Noob
Tips for landing D1 xx Sword Flip after 323? I got the timing down for F23 xx Sword Flip but nothing comes out when I push D1. Thanks.