What's new

I just found out that Usub is top tier!

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
Hi everyone. I started playing this game again and now I'm getting very consistent with the corner jab inf. I just realized that when you play as sub, you should always try to stay near corners because all you have to do is to freeze your opponent once and it's gameover. Kabal can do it too, but it's not as easy. With sub, you have a lot of time to push the opponent into the corner do to the inf. I've never really used him before, so I really suck with him, but he is already one of my most dangerous character.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I recently played a guy at my local arcade, who has been playing UMK3 a few years, (plays a lot of fighting games in general) about 20 matches at our local arcade Sub Vs Sub and he went ten or more consecutive rounds without freezing me once with any freezing attack. Sub is one of my favorite "hard to use" characters but alas, when characters like Kabal, Human Smoke, Robot Smoke, Kano, Sindel, etc all have comparable setups for corner jab infinites, it really just throws him back into the mid tier again. This is also assuming the corner jab infinite dominates the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I agree uSub is underrated. I am going to use him at the next tournament I go to if there's UMK3 there.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
Maybe you are right. :)
At the moment I started this thread, I wasn't playing usub at all, but after trying him, I agree that freezing an opponent is not as easy as I thought so maybe he is just underrated by players that can't pull the infinite, but not top tier.

This is also assuming the corner jab infinite dominates the game.
I really think that the corner inf completely dominates the game because if you play against an opponent that is consistent with it, every time you are caught standing in the corner, it's gameover. A lot of characters have great setups to trap you there.

NoDoubt

nasty
I really think that the corner inf completely dominates the game because if you play against an opponent that is consistent with it, every time you are caught standing in the corner, it's gameover. A lot of characters have great setups to trap you there.
; )