What's new

I find it astonishing that the mascot of this series and NRS as a whole has seen nothing but nerfs.

Imagine maining Kano and coming on TYM to see people saying that Scorpion sucks and needs buffs...
Imagine not understanding that these are legit issues, and maybe the characters mids should not be low profiled, that his 1,1 shouldn't whiff on small hitbox characters, that the d4 nerf was stupid, and that just bc your character sucks doesn't mean other characters don't also suck

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Imagine not understanding that these are legit issues, and maybe the characters mids should not be low profiled, that his 1,1 shouldn't whiff on small hitbox characters, that the d4 nerf was stupid, and that just bc your character sucks doesn't mean other characters don't also suck
Scorpions D4 nerf was fine. Everyone has to play his stupid game 24/7 and deal with his staggers all day. He doesn't need it.
Thank u next

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Oh Lord, this thread is back.

Not every character is supposed to be top tier. Scorpion has an amazing stagger game and a teleport. Kano got slight buffs that pushed him mid tier at best, but he doesn't have a get out of the corner free card.

Not every character is supposed to have crazy up close pressure and block string adv. That ain't how FGs work. Scorpion is a whiff punish character. Level up your staggers and neutral boiz and grills.

Also, lots of characters have whiffing issues. Cassie's B24 straight gunshots in the corner whiffs over the heads of all small and medium sized characters and can be full combo punished by characters like Scorpion. It is what it is.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Moving from Hellfire Scorpion, to MK11 Scorpion, is like going back from Racing ready Mustang, to Bare bone Mustang out from manufacturer.

No wonder the "Jesus, why am I loosing, and cant do shit feeling" coming up almost every time.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
All I'm saying is. Scorpion could have it worse, bud. ...Could be Shao Kahn. Here's a very similar comparison between the two: Forward 3,4 pressure. If Scorpion gets his flawless blocked, spend meter for a punish. If Shao Kahn's get's flawless blocked, you can literally full combo punish him for committing to that string WITHOUT using an Up 2 after the flawless.
So like.. Idk. Character is plenty good, has a whiff punish on counter pokes that works at almost every rank/skill level. You literally never have to deal with corner pressure ever. Your main had to be nerfed to be put in line with other characters, some people's mains have been buffed and are still bottom 5. lol

There are way more characters on the roster that desperately need buffs WAY more than Scorpion does. He's pretty well in line for the standard of balance in the game except for the very top level pro scene, which be honest. None of us here are on.

Pyrosis

Back 1,4 is already cancellable, why would he need to have that insane of a hit confirmable string? That would make it I'd say easily the best hit confirm string in the game...

no one's even downplaying scorpion. it's just unfortunate what he received over the course of the game's life. combine that with how stale mk11 can be and its just less of a good time

Pyrosis

"Unjust nerfs make Scorpion unviable for play" when he is still entirely viable, and even really solidly in line for the relatively good level of balance in the game ... is downplaying. When someone makes a case for Scorpion being in desperate need for buffs when he's already pretty solid, that would make him nothing less than buffed to ABOVE the accepted level of balance. So.. yeah. Downplaying for sure. This whole thread is downplaying.

Pyrosis

I don't get ppl on here shouting out Avirk and the insane shit he does with Scorpion and instead of trying to level up their play to emulate or improve what they're doing based on his play, y'all just still mourning the mid teleport and not being able to cancel the full string of an already cancellable string...

I don't get ppl on here shouting out Avirk and the insane shit he does with Scorpion and instead of trying to level up their play to emulate or improve what they're doing based on his play, y'all just still mourning the mid teleport and not being able to cancel the full string of an already cancellable string...
i'm pretty sure i'm the only one that's said that here lately. i mean it was unfortunate that it had to go solely because of online complaints and i don't see what's the point in reducing the usability of strings. i mean chris g is like a top 3 scorpion and all he does is walk back, spear, and teleport cancel

Pyrosis

To say MK11 is Chris G's main focus game would be lying. If you want to compare to the results you aspire to with dedication to the character, Avirk is the only one out here labbing and grinding Scorpion while everyone else is still crying for buffs.

And he just beat Sonicfox, inarguably the best MK11 player, in two sets. So. I mean. Idk what to tell you at this point.

Thingy

Retired account
Scorpion is fine. Reborn is by favorite my favorite variation in the game. The downplaying of Scorpion is pretty crazy...he is insanely good.

To say MK11 is Chris G's main focus game would be lying. If you want to compare to the results you aspire to with dedication to the character, Avirk is the only one out here labbing and grinding Scorpion while everyone else is still crying for buffs.

And he just beat Sonicfox, inarguably the best MK11 player, in two sets. So. I mean. Idk what to tell you at this point.
I never said anything about mk11 being Chris main game. What's crazy is; it doesn't even have to be. He was one of the few scorpions during the tournament scene, when he entered them, showing out. Of course he had focus on games he actually liked but i bet he could come into a tournament, crack top 8, and be done with it