What's new

I find it astonishing that the mascot of this series and NRS as a whole has seen nothing but nerfs.

i will always be extra mad about reveal build scorpion having special cancellable b141 and it didn't even make it out past the video ketchup and mustard made with it. i didn't even get to use it and now what even is b141 and don't give me that chip out string shit.

Scorpion needs his old d4 back.

As for his b1, what is extremely annoying, is beeing punished for hitting your opponent on jump starting animation. B14 is going to whiff and your opponent gets a free punish from being hit...basically due to the very slow whiff recovery of the low kick.

i will always be extra mad about reveal build scorpion having special cancellable b141 and it didn't even make it out past the video ketchup and mustard made with it. i didn't even get to use it and now what even is b141 and don't give me that chip out string shit.
Wow I had no idea b141 used to be special cancelable. Just another option taken away from him.

Scorpion needs his old d4 back.

As for his b1, what is extremely annoying, is beeing punished for hitting your opponent on jump starting animation. B14 is going to whiff and your opponent gets a free punish from being hit...basically due to the very slow whiff recovery of the low kick.
Completely forgot they nerfed his D4 too.

I think Scorpion is treated this way because he is basically the only one of his kind in this game.

No other character has a teleport quite like his and I get that it's a great special attack and it completely shuts down certain play styles or strategies...however it's not enough to carry him to the finish line every single time.

The bottom line is...Scorpion eventually has engage in the most important part of a fighting game...the part where you have to fight. There are so many characters that excel greatly in neutral over him that it doesn't matter if he has a teleport. Teleport doesn't get you out of being pressured with fast mids. Once they're in on him, he struggles to get out.

I wouldn't even care if they added 1 or 2 frames of start up to his teleport if it meant he could get a much faster mid. 11 Frame B1 would be massive. Absolutely massive. An amazing stagger tool option with decent range that he could use to answer back.

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
Scorpion is always targeted for nerfs by the community and apparently NRS also. They need to do something to make him viable at the highest level. Scorpion can scrub out wins online, sure, but so can any character really.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Y'all know it's a fictional character, right?

Mascot or not, it has nothing to do with nerfs or buffs. The teleport nerf was warranted, IMO, and listen he has the best whiff punishing button in this entire game next to Johnny. His B1 is such a good button, and you can stagger like hell (lul) with him, so I'm not sure he really needs that much safety on his strings. Maybe give the full B1 string more pushback.

Also, I may or may not have cracked a smile when I read "They mocked him on Twitter." Son, listen, everyone mocks everyone on Twitter. What's your point?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Flawless blocking Scorpion's F34 rewards you NOTHING. Noone can U2 or U3 to punish that after a FB. (there use to be Geras but he got nerfed). And the frame data is still -7. The risk of eating F34 ranging from a knockdown to a KB into a full big damage combo. Don't ever bring out F34's gap as a negative here, dear Scorpion players.
I can punish it with both Noob and Kollector homie, I think even Kitana now.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Mascot or not, it has nothing to do with nerfs or buffs. The teleport nerf was warranted, IMO, and listen he has the best whiff punishing button in this entire game next to Johnny. His B1 is such a good button, and you can stagger like hell (lul) with him, so I'm not sure he really needs that much safety on his strings.
Seconded. How many times have you seen Scorpion poke, get blocked, walk back, and use b1 to punish your POKE BACK ATTEMPT? It's literally a bread and butter of scorpions from low, mid, and high level players. B1 is like custom made for walking back on block or hit and eating up someone's button into a full combo punish.

Wow I had no idea b141 used to be special cancelable. Just another option taken away from him.

Completely forgot they nerfed his D4 too.

I think Scorpion is treated this way because he is basically the only one of his kind in this game.

No other character has a teleport quite like his and I get that it's a great special attack and it completely shuts down certain play styles or strategies...however it's not enough to carry him to the finish line every single time.

The bottom line is...Scorpion eventually has engage in the most important part of a fighting game...the part where you have to fight. There are so many characters that excel greatly in neutral over him that it doesn't matter if he has a teleport. Teleport doesn't get you out of being pressured with fast mids. Once they're in on him, he struggles to get out.

I wouldn't even care if they added 1 or 2 frames of start up to his teleport if it meant he could get a much faster mid. 11 Frame B1 would be massive. Absolutely massive. An amazing stagger tool option with decent range that he could use to answer back.
people seemed to believe that teleport was what carried him to the finish line and that's pretty much what got him where he is now. I honestly don't want them to make teleport slower. it's actually like 1 or 2 frames slower from what it was in mkx and he gets clipped trying to react to a lot of the faster projectiles to teleport punish

a
Scorpion is always targeted for nerfs by the community and apparently NRS also. They need to do something to make him viable at the highest level. Scorpion can scrub out wins online, sure, but so can any character really.
apparently online is all that matters

Mascot or not, it has nothing to do with nerfs or buffs. The teleport nerf was warranted, IMO, and listen he has the best whiff punishing button in this entire game next to Johnny. His B1 is such a good button, and you can stagger like hell (lul) with him, so I'm not sure he really needs that much safety on his strings. Maybe give the full B1 string more pushback.

Also, I may or may not have cracked a smile when I read "They mocked him on Twitter." Son, listen, everyone mocks everyone on Twitter. What's your point?
Doesn't matter if he's fictional....they're all fictional.

There is a large gap between his neutral game and the top tier characters neutral game. As stated before, his current build has problems with low profiled mids and that adds more to that gap. Teleport being the best whiff punisher doesn't matter when he has to rely on that more than neutral. Its unsafe and people know how to get around this already.

It was NRS mocking their own fans who use a staple legacy character. It wasn't funny and it comes off disrespectful to those that have been there since the beginning when you release busted non MK dlc characters. Meanwhile everyone forgets that teleport hit mid back in MKX and had moves as good as flame aura as well. Does anyone remember the active frames on that move and the fact that it was a restand? It was insane.

B1 is not good enough as it stands. Top tier characters will stuff it every time in a trade. He needs just 1 mid at 11 frames. It would actually allow him to compete.

NRS is a prisoner of their own incompetence.

it's not about him being the mascot that would warrant nerfs or buffs. it's the fact that he is the mascot and being nerfed like he was with no significant buffs in return. maybe the teleport nerf was warranted for people, so many people btw, that couldn't punish teleport. making it a high honestly created more problems than it should've. at least make it high with the ability to crouching buttons. there were even better suggestions like no ex activation on block. best whiff punishing button in the game? i don't think so. there are some just as fast and even further reaching buttons. people have already seen scorpion so much that they would know his stagger like the back of their hands. you can only f3 so much. well I mean scorpion gets shit talked everywhere. you don't hear about half the other characters as much gameplay wise because they weren't that big of a threat online.

Sub Zero is the Mascot. Don't let the cover art and boon's hatred for him fool you.
Lol no he isn't.

it's not about him being the mascot that would warrant nerfs or buffs. it's the fact that he is the mascot and being nerfed like he was with no significant buffs in return. maybe the teleport nerf was warranted for people, so many people btw, that couldn't punish teleport. making it a high honestly created more problems than it should've. at least make it high with the ability to crouching buttons. there were even better suggestions like no ex activation on block. best whiff punishing button in the game? i don't think so. there are some just as fast and even further reaching buttons. people have already seen scorpion so much that they would know his stagger like the back of their hands. you can only f3 so much. well I mean scorpion gets shit talked everywhere. you don't hear about half the other characters as much gameplay wise because they weren't that big of a threat online.
And yeah, I dont get how online mode is the criteria for the buffing or nerfing of a character. Online mode is horrible.

And yeah, I dont get how online mode is the criteria for the buffing or nerfing of a character. Online mode is horrible.
scorpion was one of if not the most complained about character online. geras was one of the most complained about characters online and offline. he got his due nerfs which the first batch was a slap on the wrist and the next time being slightly more significant.

scorpion was one of if not the most complained about character online. geras was one of the most complained about characters online and offline. he got his due nerfs which the first batch was a slap on the wrist and the next time being slightly more significant.
I try to think back to MKX where he had an even faster mid teleport and also had the cancel.

He also as I stated before had what i think was truly one of the best moves in the game being flame aura.

Why nerf teleport now? In the interest of the "neutral" vision they had for MK11 to which they so indisputably shit all over anyway?

Lol its Paulo right?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Sis, staggering isn't just doing the same thing over and over. There's a mind game behind it and if you always follow the same pattern then, of course, you're gonna get blown up for it - that's why you condition and then you switch it up. There are a lot of stagger options in this game and if you don't take advantage of it that's on you.

Sis, staggering isn't just doing the same thing over and over. There's a mind game behind it and if you always follow the same pattern then, of course, you're gonna get blown up for it - that's why you condition and then you switch it up. There are a lot of stagger options in this game and if you don't take advantage of it that's on you.
There are other characters that have much better and much harder to read stagger games. It isn't all mind games...because if it was, there wouldn't be characters who had the crutch of applying easy plus frames.

Scorpion doesn't get plus frames like that.

Compare Liu Kang's staggers to Scorpion's and then come back and talk about mind games.

Seconded. How many times have you seen Scorpion poke, get blocked, walk back, and use b1 to punish your POKE BACK ATTEMPT? It's literally a bread and butter of scorpions from low, mid, and high level players. B1 is like custom made for walking back on block or hit and eating up someone's button into a full combo punish.
I didn't see this before...I can tell you don't play Scorpion.

His back 1 gets low profiled by several d4s in this game....that strategy you just pointed out gets beat all the time because he pokes...walks back to bait and punish the other guy's d1...only to eat a d4 instead. No trade. Just straight beat.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
There are other characters that have much better and much harder to read stagger games. It isn't all mind games...because if it was, there wouldn't be characters who had the crutch of applying easy plus frames.

Scorpion doesn't get plus frames like that.

Compare Liu Kang's staggers to Scorpion's and then come back and talk about mind games.
"because this character has this thing that's better than my character it means my character needs a buff."

it's time

to

STOP

"because this character has this thing that's better than my character it means my character needs a buff."

it's time

to

STOP
Yes, he should be buffed. Why should any one character have to struggle so much more than the other to achieve a win? And it's not just 1 thing that's better..its many important things. Either buff one or nerf the other, the point closing that gap and creating balance. This game...is not balanced.

So it's you that needs to stop.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
You are just upset and that's fine.

However most points show that, perhaps, you don't lab your options that much. Scorpion isn't Shao Khan level of hopelessness, I agree that he might need some slight adjustments, like scaling on his KBs for example.

I didn't see this before...I can tell you don't play Scorpion.

His back 1 gets low profiled by several d4s in this game....that strategy you just pointed out gets beat all the time because he pokes...walks back to bait and punish the other guy's d1...only to eat a d4 instead. No trade. Just straight beat.
Can't you adjust to this then? That's the concept of mindgames in a nutshell. You try something, doesn't work, you adapt, it works, the other needs to adapt. That's fighting games... Oh! I'm mostly positive not everyone knows to low profile Scorpions B1 with a D4 and if they do, hit the lab, recreate the same scenario and find options to beat the other fella D4.

As a general note, most of this community is lazy, sorry I said it. There are of course some outrageous silly things and situations that will drive you mad, it happens to everyone. However, tons of players let the opponents get away with murder by not labing how to deal with X or Y situation. If the solution isn't obvious, the game sucks or their character sucks.

Take a good look at Biohazard, for example, playing Kano, who people see as a "weak" character, but the guy has been putting up work, not only this gameplan but by taking advantage of the game mechanics, like Flawless Block.

Check Kombat Cup and you'll see folks jumping back 1 or 2 vs Jacqui Bionic Bounce and it works.

Just stop being lazy and get to work! You won't discover gunpowder, but at least you gain match up knowledge, which will make a difference.

I get it tho, it's easier to say than to do.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yes, he should be buffed. Why should any one character have to struggle so much more than the other to achieve a win? And it's not just 1 thing that's better..its many important things. Either buff one or nerf the other, the point closing that gap and creating balance. This game...is not balanced.

So it's you that needs to stop.
This game is fairly balanced you clown, and I never said he didn't need a buff, I think he could benefit from small frame data changes or have more pushback on some of his strings.

You either work with what you got or you play another character. Every character in the game will always need tweaking and they are never going to get it right because it's impossible to perfectly balance every move for every character in a fighting game.

The issue is most people can't ask for reasonable buffs for their mains cause they all want them to be top tier.

This game is fairly balanced you clown, and I never said he didn't need a buff, I think he could benefit from small frame data changes or have more pushback on some of his strings.

You either work with what you got or you play another character. Every character in the game will always need tweaking and they are never going to get it right because it's impossible to perfectly balance every move for every character in a fighting game.

The issue is most people can't ask for reasonable buffs for their mains cause they all want them to be top tier.
Lol a clown thinks MK11 is fairly balanced with trash like Joker in the game. You will no longer be acknowledged.

Good. Fuck Scorpion.

He's a lame character that has outlived any usefulness to this series.
He's clearly the coolest character in the series. On the covers, in all of the promos, getting his own movie and on the NRS logo itself.

He'll be in every game for the rest of eternity and you'll have your tongue on that salt lick.