What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

D

Deleted member 35141

God, yeah. I'll probably just see my way out. I can't stand some of these forum users.

Why is it: literally anyone, people who have been here for awhile, critque things in a valid format get told the dumbest shit. Thee DUMBEST shit. Stop being such a fanboy for a second and understand maybe some things aren't perfect and people in a forum dedicated to the game are allowed to critque things.

"OhHhHHFUfh WhUInNNG" Or it's valid critique. Some of this shit seems nonsensical or just plain tedious. But no, defend it. Please. Do you go to every negative review of a game you like and say "OFHFHhhg U jus don need to do it". Yeah, let's just review shit like that. With straight out ignoring a problem or just accepting it because NRS is God, apparently.

This shit does seem pretty tedious. The only thing I can compliment is that you can straight up buy a cosmetic if you want it that badly.
Mk is my 2nd fav series behind RE, imagine if as a RE fan I didn't complain about RE6 after purchase would not have gotten 2 great games after. As fans and consumers it's our job( lack of a better word) to notice this stuff.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Mk is my 2nd fav series behind RE, imagine if as a RE fan I didn't complain about RE6 after purchase would not have gotten 2 great games after. As fans and consumers it's our job( lack of a better word) to notice this stuff.
Yeah, and this forum hates this shit. I don't care what anyone tries to tell me to justify it: a good chunk of the "regulars" on this forum are grown ass men acting like whinny bitches when someone dares say "I don't like that NRS does this." and it's ungodly annoying.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This sounds like an even more insane and time-consuming mess than the legendary Multiverses.

So the majority of the towers that are going to require hours of grinding are gonna be gimmicked up and not at all representative of what actual one on one fights are like...and the Gear system and Augments are unnecessarily complex?

I have never seen a title hit a home run and then immediately shoot itself in the foot more times than this game's done thus far.

Wish they'd put this much effort into the story.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
At some point, I wonder when I stop chalking things up to just WB and also start to point my eyes at NRS as well.
Shadow of War makes me think NRS had nothing to do with this.

I also now know why NRS was so reluctant to show the Krypt mode all those months. They knew it would displease fans and cause a PR shitstorm. By delaying it up to a few days before release, they minimized the damage.

Sounds awful but fully expected. Hopefully I don't run into too much hassle since I'm only planning on unlocking stuff for the 2-4 characters I get invested in.

At some point, I wonder when I stop chalking things up to just WB and also start to point my eyes at NRS as well.
This is a trap a lot of people fall into. Assuredly, this is WB's doing, but it is also NRS' doing. We have no communication with WB, but we sorta do with NRS. Only holding accountable the ones WE CAN'T send feedback to is Grade A Stupid Fanboyism at its finest.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Coins aren't a problem. The game throws coins at you. The problem for me is that if I love a particular piece of gear, I have no idea how to get it besides the general "Found in the Krypt/Towers of Time". If the game let me recycle gear for a currency that I could use to unlock said piece, then I'd be happy. But as it stands, due to the RNG and amount of time it takes for me to even clear certain towers, I might not ever unlock the gear I really, really want.

For reference, I've been doing the easiest gauntlet tower in ToT for racking up Brutalities and Fatalities. I've been doing it for 3 hours now, and I'm only about 75% of the way there. I still need to perform about 30 Brutals and 15 Fatals. Once I do that, I can clear the final 2 towers of Noob's 2nd Character tower, which I unlocked more than 24 hours ago.

For the people who are saying "If you don't like the grind, just don't grind". Well, first of all, I don't enjoy the grind, but I love the gear and want it. I didn't want it 6 months ago, but NRS made it a point of using it in their marketing materials right from the announcement trailer, and hyping it as a core feature till now. So yes, I want to enjoy something that was advertised to me as a big part of the game.

And you know the funny part? I don't mind paying for microtransactions if I love the game. I spent hundreds of dollars on Apex and my Dota 2 spending is probably in the thousands. Ignoring the fact that MK11 is a $60 product ($100 if you count the deluxe), I can't use the in game store even if I wanted to. My PSN account is from the USA but I don't live there anymore. I live in the Middle East, and my game disc is also from here. Since the game region and the account/store region don't match, I can't make any purchases in the in game store and still use my main account. I, either have to play on another account, or I have to purchase a digital copy from the US store to use the in game store for further purchases. I know this is a unique problem, but it is a problem, and all the time krystals I'm accumulating by playing the game are useless.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Shadow of War makes me think NRS had nothing to do with this.

I also now know why NRS was so reluctant to show the Krypt mode all those months. They knew it would displease fans and cause a PR shitstorm. By delaying it up to a few days before release, they minimized the damage.
I understand wanting to have disbelief that NRS would do that, but I stay cautious with them as well.

That's just a bit tacky in my opinion but it's a smart move to pull. I feel like this game is going to get criticized heavy when it drops outside of it's core gameplay.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
And you know the funny part? I don't mind paying for microtransactions if I love the game. I spent hundreds of dollars on Apex and my Dota 2 spending is probably in the thousands. Ignoring the fact that MK11 is a $60 product ($100 if you count the deluxe), I can't use the in game store even if I wanted to. My PSN account is from the USA but I don't live there anymore. I live in the Middle East, and my game disc is also from here. Since the game region and the account/store region don't match, I can't make any purchases in the in game store and still use my main account. I, either have to play on another account, or I have to purchase a digital copy from the US store to use the in game store for further purchases. I know this is a unique problem, but it is a problem, and all the time krystals I'm accumulating by playing the game are useless.
You seriously should consider making a new account and buy all your future purchases in that account. It sucks for your Gamerscore, but it will vastly improve your DLC limitations. Once Greece got its capital controls back in 2015 and I couldn't use my credit card for US purchases, I made a European (Greek) PSN account and bought digitally all my games from then on in the Greek PSN store. Best thing I ever did.

E

Eldriken

I understand wanting to have disbelief that NRS would do that, but I stay cautious with them as well.

That's just a bit tacky in my opinion but it's a smart move to pull. I feel like this game is going to get criticized heavy when it drops outside of it's core gameplay.
I'm expecting it to get a lot of shit due to this as well. I can only imagine what kind of conversation that's gonna spark if it winds up happening.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
You seriously should consider making a new account and buy all your future purchases in that account. It sucks for your Gamerscore, but it will vastly improve your DLC limitations. Once Greece got its capital controls back in 2015 and I couldn't use my credit card for US purchases, I made a European (Greek) PSN account and bought digitally all my games from then on in the Greek PSN store. Best thing I ever did.
It's only a problem with games with in game stores or entitlements where they have to connect with PSN servers of the same region and match their own region code. Any DLC that downloads the unlock code onto the console isn't a problem. So stuff like Shao Khan, or the Kombat Pass, or Dragonball Fighterz DLC or expansions for other games I just download the DLC from the Middle East account and it works console wide on all accounts.

EDIT: What's up, GameFAQs?

Last edited:
My PSN account is from the USA but I don't live there anymore. I live in the Middle East, and my game disc is also from here. Since the game region and the account/store region don't match, I can't make any purchases in the in game store and still use my main account. I, either have to play on another account, or I have to purchase a digital copy from the US store to use the in game store for further purchases. I know this is a unique problem, but it is a problem, and all the time krystals I'm accumulating by playing the game are useless.
Had the same problem. My first PSN account was an american one due to having an american version of Soul Calibur 5 and really wishing to use that Dampierre code. It came back to bite me in the ass when after leveling up all my characters in injustice 2 to level 20 and getting a few platinums in other games I finally had t switch, since russian psn started having much better prices than shops selling physical discs. My advice to you is switch now, the longer you don't the more you miss out on. Getting everyone to 20 again was pretty rough. And when Legendary edition updated max level to 30, that was a real punch.

I dont want anyone to come out of this thread regretting their purchase. Look at the silver lining, you could still be playing this game 2 years from today and still unlocking new things. I would say this is bad news to anyone who wanted to unlock everything for their character in the first month, which is an unrealistic expectation in my opinion.
Why should that be an unrealistic expectation exactly? This being a competitive fighting game. If a player ends up liking the gameplay loop/mechanics enough, they'll keep on playing even well after they have unlocked everything; because the replay value comes from playing with competition or friends. I would think most people would rather worry less about grinding to unlock things, just get the unlocks over with, make their character look cool, and just get back straight to the fighting

The way I see it, If a player wants to unlock all the stuff for their main first before going to online matches, there be a direct, straight-forward, surefire way to do just that. Yet Ed Boon, NRS, or whoever makes these decisions thinks they need to make the path to doing that grindy and convoluted despite them seemingly not trying to monetize it. I feel they kinda ruined the novelty of the krypt with this design choice, because there's no longer any real incentive to explore it when every chest is a randomized loot box that can be reset to be opened again. There's no cool unlockable waiting to be found in another area; it'll just be more random loot boxes to open.

Kal

<3
I feel they kinda ruined the novelty of the krypt with this design choice, because there's no longer any real incentive to explore it when every chest is a randomized loot box that can be reset to be opened again. There's no cool unlockable waiting to be found in another area; it'll just be more random loot boxes to open.
This fucking right here 100%. I've been trying to progress through the krypt and I'm kinda lost and stuck because there is no sense of direction or anything and I've been getting annoyed. Then it hit me, I sat there and asked myself: Why the fuck do I even care to move forward when all the chests are random, even in that area that I'm trying to get into? Why not stay around wherever I currently am and just open those chests over and over?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I'm ok with a grind, but I wanna know what i'm grinding towards. They say they're looking at feedback on sites, so hopefully they're looking at these complaints/issues people have with the system.
Don’t they have specific character towers, plus “summoned” towers so you can grind for character-specific stuff?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I want to spend a lot of time playing MK, NRS wants me to spend a lot of time playing MK, sounds like a win/win.

As far as unfair fights go, do you guys honestly not remember how absurd some of the modifiers in MKX were? Feels like there's a lot of rose-tinted glasses gear being equipped today.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I want to spend a lot of time playing MK, NRS wants me to spend a lot of time playing MK, sounds like a win/win.

As far as unfair fights go, do you guys honestly not remember how absurd some of the modifiers in MKX were? Feels like there's a lot of rose-tinted glasses gear being equipped today. Not to say I enjoyed those fights, but I'm not exactly surprised they're coming back either, it's always been like that.
Yeah, there was some bullshit modifiers in both mkx and ij2

My problem is requirements for character towers

You already payed koins for it

i dont want to do 75 fatalites to unlock a fucking tower that i already payed for

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
DAMN, I hope someone rakes NRS over the coals for that shit. I'd like to see them explain how that is not essentially a loot box. Dress it up in a Krypt all you want, using currency (in-game or real) to open a chest with random items is a loot box.
I mean, by that token, don't 99% of RPGs have "loot boxes"?

You're using a loaded term with negative implications to criticize NRS for something that RPG games have been doing (without criticism) since the dawn of time. :/

You're using a loaded term with negative implications to criticize NRS for something that RPG games have been doing (without criticism) since the dawn of time. :/
I think what it’s going to come down to is if the grind is enjoyable or not. RPGs like Diablo are a great example of a game with random chests and loot drops hooking you into that constant quest for a legendary item, but Diablo is also fun to grind through.

I can’t judge MK 11 since I don’t have it yet, but it’s sounds like grinding through towers that are essentially cheap unwinnable fights without consumables while also having to slog through repetitive tasks like “get 75 brutalities” is not something people are going to enjoy.

In fact it sounds a hell of a lot like Mortal Kombat Mobile.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
How are people defending this? Fucking Fortnite is more consumer friendly than this shit.

Fucking angry at NRS for being so dishonest. "There will be no lootboxes"... And then they go and make the whole Krypt one big fat lootbox. I'm totally fine with taking months and months to unlock everything in the krypt, I don't even check guides to know what chests hold what, but because I know I'll own everything once I open every chest. Having random chests means I'll open every fucking chest in there and still be missing stuff?

Again how are people defending this?

Edit: This shit is so bad it even made me forget that, to top it all off, both the krypt and the time towers require a permanent online connection. This fucking fuckers.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Aside from the randomness, I'm concerned by the one mention of "forced online play". Did you mean the always online to get rewards or does it actually force you to play online VS like in MKX?

Also OP mentioned recieving Time Krystals in game. How frequently do they drop and is that completely random? Also if these can be used to directly buy specific things isn't that somewhat of a way around the RNG if you can earn them by playing and not just real money purchase?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Do we know for a fact literally every single chest in the Krypt is completely randomized? How many times can you unlock a single chest?
I think the way the chests are gonna work is like, each one has like let's say 5 items inside of it, then the order you get them is random but it's always those 5 items in that exact spot.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill

I'm sorry, I normally avoid discussing things with you and I swear to a degree no offense since YOU have rose tinted glasses on it seems like with this game in general.

But come on. Yeah, let's compare the fighting game to the money grab RPG. That's honestly ridiculous. Especially when some of us are just looking for cosmetic changes for characters.

Isn't this what everyone was expecting, tho, when the devs said you could purchase items with Time Krystals (ie, purchase with real money)? The idea that you could theoretically grind everything in the game, but if you wanted to save time, you could bypass that requirement and just buy it outright?

I thought this was pretty clear a while ago.

If you have lots of time, you can grind.
If you have little time but have disposable cash, you can buy.
Excuse me? This is the second tower we're talking about, there was not much time spent in the game for it to already have to make you think about purchasing "help" items to skip fights

How are people defending this? Fucking Fortnite is more consumer friendly than this shit.

Fucking angry at NRS for being so dishonest. "There will be no lootboxes"... And then they go and make the whole Krypt one big fat lootbox. I'm totally fine with taking months and months to unlock everything in the krypt, I don't even check guides to know what chests hold what, but because I know I'll own everything once I open every chest. Having random chests means I'll open every fucking chest in there and still be missing stuff?

Again how are people defending this?

Edit: This shit is so bad it even made me forget that, to top it all off, both the krypt and the time towers require a permanent online connection. This fucking fuckers.
The mentality of people defending this:

"I'm good at the game so I don't mind corporations ferking us in the butt because I'm a real gamer .:cool:

Let me just rub it in the face in this thread to show how much better I am, it's totally the OP that's bad at the game" SPONSORED BY GFUEL