What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

But taking a while to unlock content itself, and work towards it, and having the option to pay for it early as an alternative...I don't have an issue with that.
I don't mind the option to pay. I don't mind the things I want to unlock taking a while but come on. There is a limit.
we're not meant to unlock it all in 1 month's time...or even 6 months time.
Do you honestly think that I will play the same game every day for half a year straight for, let's be generous, two hours and willingly spend time fighting NRS bots instead of real people online? I get in story mode, I get arcade towers, I'd get it if completing a tower gave you a random gear peace for the character you chose. But after a certain while it will feel like banging my head against the wall. When that moment came for me in Injustice 2, as much as I loved the game I realised it turned into a sort of a second job for me that I did more out of obligation and less out of desire to see cool shit that I lost a few months before that.
Also by "so much content" I hope you don't mean the palette swaps and the same chest piece but with different belts over it. The amount of skins in this game seems hilariously overblown just to make us grind longer.

D

Deleted member 35141

I think @Nickolaidas makes a valid point in that NRS gets a healthy budget from Warner Bros., and it allows the former access to a wealth of resources to make amazing MK games. This game (based on what we've seen so far) is jam-packed with content, and we're not meant to unlock it all in 1 month's time...or even 6 months time. The game is meant to appeal to both competitive, casual, and single-player gamers. And according to the devs, they plan on supporting (ie, updating and adding content) for a lot longer than they normally would with MK 11. They want us to play for a long time, to try new characters, to play different modes, etc.

Yes, WB is going to want to make a shit ton of money from MK 11. So NRS is going to have to accede to some of WB's monetary demands. If that pushes you to not buy the games that's your choice. If you buy the game, you can grind for the content and, idk, play the game, or if you've got your eye on something you just can't wait for, then put down some Time Krystals and bypass the grind.

It's baffling that NRS gives people so much content (as @trufenix pointed out), and yet people just want it now, don't want to work for it, nor want to accept an alternate route to unlock it with cash. Why even have unlockables in the game if you just get it all in 1 month? :confused:
Your talking to people who put in hundreds off hours, thousands of fights.It's not the grind it's the randomness of spending hours to unlock something like a clip art. Now your saying just pay for that random box AKA LOOT BOX.
This is part of your resume to join EAs PR team man they sure would love you.
On a serious note im preordering the 100$ edition tonight and will not spend another $ on loot boxes in this game or any other thank you buh bye now

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I don't mind the option to pay. I don't mind the things I want to unlock taking a while but come on. There is a limit.

Do you honestly think that I will play the same game every day for half a year straight for, let's be generous, two hours and willingly spend time fighting NRS bots instead of real people online? I get in story mode, I get arcade towers, I'd get it if completing a tower gave you a random gear peace for the character you chose. But after a certain while it will feel like banging my head against the wall. When that moment came for me in Injustice 2, as much as I loved the game I realised it turned into a sort of a second job for me that I did more out of obligation and less out of desire to see cool shit that I lost a few months before that.
Also by "so much content" I hope you don't mean the palette swaps and the same chest piece but with different belts over it. The amount of skins in this game seems hilariously overblown just to make us grind longer.
Even if we are just going with each character having 5 skins (not just 'swaps'), that's 125 different skins. Not a small amount in the least. And that's just skins. Not counting gear. Not counting intros. Etc.

And no, I don't expect you to keep playing the game 6 months down the line, because you honestly don't sound all that interested in the game. If you're playing the game just to unlock shit, that's a you problem, not a problem with the game. You should be playing the game because you have fun playing it...and gear/skins will come in time as you play.

Will I be playing 6 months down the line? You bet your ass I will be. And why? Well, it won't be solely for the cosmetics I can tell you that. It'll be because I love Mortal Kombat, and I'll play it whether I have 50 skins to choose from, or just 1.

It's not all about the unlockable cosmetics. It's about the game. If you have fun playing it, everything else is secondary and will come in time.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Your talking to people who put in hundreds off hours, thousands of fights.It's not the grind it's the randomness of spending hours to unlock something like a clip art. Now your saying just pay for that random box AKA LOOT BOX.
This is part of your resume to join EAs PR team man they sure would love you.
On a serious note im preordering the 100$ edition tonight and will not spend another $ on loot boxes in this game or any other thank you buh bye now
So, bitching just to bitch, and still going to drop $100 on the game. Got it.

And no, I don't expect you to keep playing the game 6 months down the line, because you honestly don't sound all that interested in the game.
I will be playing if I like the gameplay enough, but not against bots in hopes to unlock gear piece #3078. It will be against randoms on the internet or my friends. I like that in MK11 you won't be able to get duplicates of the same item. Other than that it sounds exactly the same. It's not a nice system.
And yes, I like to unlock everything in the game. When I play a game I beat every sidequest and sometimes might aim to get all the achievements. When the game has been marketed on its insane amount of skins I shouldn't be punished for trying to get them all.

D

Deleted member 35141

So, bitching just to bitch, and still going to drop $100 on the game. Got it.
Hold up buddy( not really) never said I wasn't gonna buy.
The fact that you don't actually read what people say and want to yell in a cone alone maybe 4 other people and you making a personal post to call us out my conversation is done with you. BTW this isn't the only site with these issues.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I will be playing if I like the gameplay enough, but not against bots in hopes to unlock gear piece #3078. It will be against randoms on the internet or my friends. I like that in MK11 you won't be able to get duplicates of the same item. Other than that it sounds exactly the same. It's not a nice system.
And yes, I like to unlock everything in the game. When I play a game I beat every sidequest and sometimes might aim to get all the achievements. When the game has been marketed on its insane amount of skins I shouldn't be punished for trying to get them all.
You're not being punished. You're just not getting them all at once, and all without effort, and all within 6 months.

Christ! The entitlement is insane...

Don't purchase the game if you feel like you're getting shit on. Why would you do that? Why would you give money (the cost of the game) to someone you feel is punishing you? That's not sending a message to them. That's just whining for the sake of whining...

But you do you, man. It's your right to both complain and buy the game, I suppose.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Hold up buddy( not really) never said I wasn't gonna buy.
The fact that you don't actually read what people say and want to yell in a cone alone maybe 4 other people and you making a personal post to call us out my conversation is done with you. BTW this isn't the only site with these issues.
Once again, if you're dissatisfied with this, but are willing to give WB $100 anyway, I don't think there's a point in us continuing this argument.

And I'm not your buddy, guy. >.>

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I'm ok with a grind, but I wanna know what i'm grinding towards. They say they're looking at feedback on sites, so hopefully they're looking at these complaints/issues people have with the system.
Exactly. I can get behind this kind of complaint. Yes, it's absolutely bad that we can't grind towards what we actually want. And yeah, I hope NRS and WB change that.

E

Eldriken

We have no idea what unlocks may look like for online matches. Some of this potential grind may not be as bad if they're plentiful/useful.

However, if this isn't the case, then this might be a bit ridiculous. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Also this thread has gone from detailing a mode in the game to whining, and whining about those whining. I forward a petition to make a General Whining thread where people can offload their negative throw-up at eachother with loose moderation.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Also this thread has gone from detailing a mode in the game to whining, and whining about those whining. I forward a petition to make a General Whining thread where people can offload their negative throw-up at eachother with loose moderation.
Not a terrible idea. However, you're right, I've just turned into a whiny asshat myself by arguing about this, and for so long. So, no more from me. I'm focusing on the hype all the way to April 23rd. :)

You're not being punished. You're just not getting them all at once, and all without effort, and all within 6 months.
Been playing Tekken 7 earlier today. Insane amount of customisation items, some have gameplay effects. Can be unlocked in the matter of my choosing. There is a mode that lets me fight for a random item. The thing is, I know I'm unlocking one of the items and not just a consumable. Some items cost millions of coins, which aren't that easy to get, and unlocking everything will take a while but it doesn't feel like I am just hitting my head against the wall with no real progress. If it jacked up the prices on items in two and offered the lazier among us to pay for it that wouldn't ruin the game, because the system is approachable and doesn't throw you to fumble in the dark. (Assuming it's like Injustice 2 like described in this thread, seeing as I have obviously not played the game myself yet.)
Don't purchase the game if you feel like you're getting shit on. Why would you do that? Why would you give money (the cost of the game) to someone you feel is punishing you? That's not sending a message to them. That's just whining for the sake of whining...
Because I like the gameplay and the general aesthetic of the game? What sort of question is that?
And yes, I'm going to complain about things I dislike in games I like. I hate that the cards in Yakuza 0 have to be collected in order. I hate the insane amount of tracking from one end of the map to another in RDR2. I dislike the Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic in Soul Calibur 6. That doesn't mean that because I don't like an aspect of the game I will throw it in the pit for all eternity. I am well allowed to express what things I find poorly implemented in games.

But you do you, man. It's your right to both complain and buy the game, I suppose.
Yeah. I'd also say it wouldn't be in my right to complain about the game I am not buying and not planning to play. That would be disingenuous of me.

We have no idea what unlocks may look like for online matches. Some of this potential grind may not be as bad if they're plentiful/useful.
God I hope so. Would be nice for this to happen.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
God, yeah. I'll probably just see my way out. I can't stand some of these forum users.

Why is it: literally anyone, people who have been here for awhile, critque things in a valid format get told the dumbest shit. Thee DUMBEST shit. Stop being such a fanboy for a second and understand maybe some things aren't perfect and people in a forum dedicated to the game are allowed to critque things.

"OhHhHHFUfh WhUInNNG" Or it's valid critique. Some of this shit seems nonsensical or just plain tedious. But no, defend it. Please. Do you go to every negative review of a game you like and say "OFHFHhhg U jus don need to do it". Yeah, let's just review shit like that. With straight out ignoring a problem or just accepting it because NRS is God, apparently.

This shit does seem pretty tedious. The only thing I can compliment is that you can straight up buy a cosmetic if you want it that badly.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think @Nickolaidas makes a valid point in that NRS gets a healthy budget from Warner Bros., and it allows the former access to a wealth of resources to make amazing MK games. This game (based on what we've seen so far) is jam-packed with content, and we're not meant to unlock it all in 1 month's time...or even 6 months time. The game is meant to appeal to both competitive, casual, and single-player gamers. And according to the devs, they plan on supporting (ie, updating and adding content) for a lot longer than they normally would with MK 11. They want us to play for a long time, to try new characters, to play different modes, etc.

Yes, WB is going to want to make a shit ton of money from MK 11. So NRS is going to have to accede to some of WB's monetary demands. If that pushes you to not buy the games that's your choice. If you buy the game, you can grind for the content and, idk, play the game, or if you've got your eye on something you just can't wait for, then put down some Time Krystals and bypass the grind.

It's baffling that NRS gives people so much content (as @trufenix pointed out), and yet people just want it now, don't want to work for it, nor want to accept an alternate route to unlock it with cash. Why even have unlockables in the game if you just get it all in 1 month? :confused:
It would be fine if it was like MKX where you could specifically get what you want.

But random chest rewards... hoping you randomly get that really cool skin for your favorite character, but having no actual way to knowingly work towards it... that’s unacceptable.

D

Deleted member 35141

However, if this isn't the case, then this might be a bit ridiculous. We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.
This is exactly what I'm talking about the last 2 games you got maybe 100 coins per match, I hope it's different. This also could change day 1 we don't know yet.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It would be fine if it was like MKX where you could specifically get what you want.

But random chest rewards... hoping you randomly get that really cool skin for your favorite character, but having no actual way to knowingly work towards it... that’s unacceptable.
Hmm … a chest which gives a random, unknown reward. Almost like … a box giving random loot.

Like some kind of … loot box … or something.

BU-DAM-PSHHH!

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, and I'm glad recent posts are going over why the "no loot box" shit almost seems like a blatant lie when these things themselves seem like loot boxes.

This is the exact shit I was worried about, yet I was told I was a pessimistic asshole. Which is true, but definitely not on this matter.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, and I'm glad recent posts are going over why the "no loot box" shit almost seems like a blatant lie when these things themselves seem like loot boxes.

This is the exact shit I was worried about, yet I was told I was a pessimistic asshole. Which is true, but definitely not on this matter.
You can tell WB is involved. They found a way.