What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

HAMMER

Noob
Single-player towers and AI battles only.
Thanks.

I've switched my characters to tournament variations only.

Am I allowed to change the cosmetics of these and keep the tournament variations?

And am I all set up to play online ranked then?

Is there anything else I need to touch-up on the characters to have the "proper" set-up for online play is what I'm asking.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Thanks.

I've switched my characters to tournament variations only.

Am I allowed to change the cosmetics of these and keep the tournament variations?

And am I all set up to play online ranked then?

Is there anything else I need to touch-up on the characters to have the "proper" set-up for online play is what I'm asking.
Yes you can change the looks. Then when you’re done, just make sure to “set default” on the main kustomize screen. I think whichever variation is set as your default, that’s which skin you get in ranked.

Why did you expect more? Sorry to say but this is 100% on you, dawg. NRS never promised more than they delivered.

"only 2 or 3 are truly distinct" is exactly how it was in MKX. Except in MKX that means other skins did not exist, whereas in MK11 it means you have a shitton of subtly different options to pick from, AND you have gear to pick from on top of that, which in many cases makes a HUGE difference.

Feature, not bug. What you think is an eyesore I think looks cool, and vice versa. I'm not mad about the "bad colors" because I know they're making someone else happy, and I have the colors I want.

Hard disagree. Some. Not most. The vast majority of characters have two items that make a pretty big difference (headpiece + weapon). Some like Johnny, Kano, Liu, Shao Kahn, etc, have all three make a noticeable difference.

I agree, this was a weird decision.

It's not all random. There are elements of randomness to it and there are elements of decision making. You can look through towers to see if any are available that reward items you want, and go for them. If there aren't, you can play something else (Krypt, ranked) or play a different game and come back tomorrow.

Try to see what NRS is doing from their point of view -- which will help you understand how this system works for the game, and for casual gamers. NRS doesn't want people to have their ONE MOST FAVORITEST skin in the whole wide world on day 1. They want people to come back to the game, again and again, to get that elusive 1 skin for every character, and slowly work towards them over time. "Upgrading" your skins from ones you don't like to ones you like slightly more, to even more, to even more, to finally getting the 1 you've wanted all along, is supposed to be part of the fun.
The Krypt shouldn't be random and microtransactions need to stay out of games period.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Question for you guys: do you even use the konsumables? Or non competitive variation specials?

I don’t and haven’t been having much trouble. The only thing I do from time to time is use AI noob to beat hard stuff.

I don’t think the grind is that bad honestly. Dare I say I’m enjoying it.