What's new

I can't beat this character Part II: Mental Breakdownaloo

I literally forced myself to learn scorpion because of Jade. 300hrs of lab time with my main and I have come to the conclusion that it would literally be easier to play scorpion than to try to beat her with my main. Beating Jade with a weak character that doesnt counter her requires you to make insane reads and damn near play perfect. She gets to control neutral too easily and gets to just wait for you to move for free which is pretty lame imo

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I literally forced myself to learn scorpion because of Jade. 300hrs of lab time with my main and I have come to the conclusion that it would literally be easier to play scorpion than to try to beat her with my main. Beating Jade with a weak character that doesnt counter her requires you to make insane reads and damn near play perfect. She gets to control neutral too easily and gets to just wait for you to move for free which is pretty lame imo
you seriously act as if you cant do anything with joker against jade so that you have to switch?....

you seriously act as if you cant do anything with joker against jade so that you have to switch?....
When I said that i was referring to Jax, Jax is my og main but he is weak in that MU. Joker isnt weak but its still a bad MU.Playing against Jade still tilts me 300hrs in because of the mental fortitude it demands. I could turn my brain off and play scorpion or have to play super sweaty with Joker/Jax. I feel MU are so important in this game, like some characters dont have answers to certain things. Jade is better at space control/whiff punishing than Joker which makes Joker have to play rushdown in the MU, which isnt his design tbh. Trying to land f2 or even s2 against a defensive jade is hard cuz she doesnt have to respect it, they are always backing up or can just keep doing wiggle stick.

Update: Just played a dude and it was all good and fun until he picked Jade. It started out promising, I took the first round pretty convincingly but then in the second he started doing something I've never really seen from a Jade and using the frame advantage on her Razor-Rang to 50/50 me to death. Third and final round was the same thing but the thing here is how I just fucking crumbled. Here I was actually having a good time and then this shit comes out of nowhere. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards the guy I was playing, he was actually really fucking good, but the fact that I crumbled so quickly has left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Oh, and this isn't about frame data or even the character I'm playing. This is a slight exception since I didn't know how + Razor-Rang was until I went and looked it up, but I still want the focus to be on adapting to something so sudden because I've never been good with being put on the spot like that.

Update: Just played a dude and it was all good and fun until he picked Jade. It started out promising, I took the first round pretty convincingly but then in the second he started doing something I've never really seen from a Jade and using the frame advantage on her Razor-Rang to 50/50 me to death. Third and final round was the same thing but the thing here is how I just fucking crumbled. Here I was actually having a good time and then this shit comes out of nowhere. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards the guy I was playing, he was actually really fucking good, but the fact that I crumbled so quickly has left a really bitter taste in my mouth.

Oh, and this isn't about frame data or even the character I'm playing. This is a slight exception since I didn't know how + Razor-Rang was until I went and looked it up, but I still want the focus to be on adapting to something so sudden because I've never been good with being put on the spot like that.
Dude just befriend a scrubby Jade player and play 100 matches to train yourself mentally on how to not tilt. That's what I do,but I also realize that because of the characters I play, Jade is a hard MU so technically those losses don't count. Any player who switches to jade to beat me I know I may lose to BS off rip.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

You just have to keep playing it man.
This is me against high rank Lili players. I know the the mu but I'm always 1 random cartwheel kick away from losing lol and if there is a way I can get hit I will always find it lol. I saying that I used to get mopped and now it's a lot closer. Just takes time and practice.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Ya'all acting like jade is a top 10 or 5 character that has so many advantages. But guess what? She's one of the most balanced and lowest tier characters at the moment. @Arqwart gave a solid explanation at what you did wrong. Personally i havent lost to a jade player in months, because i know how she works. She is only a "real" threat in Jaded. Untameable is full of gaps and ED requires patience.

Shes +10 on hit (If i remember correctly) so you have to respect her afterwards. Thats the only kind of "Guess" there is with Jade.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

you mean on hit or on block? It's +7 on block but you can always duck the second razor if the jade player is trying to frame trap you with string into amp razor-rangs

Ya'all acting like jade is a top 10 or 5 character that has so many advantages. But guess what? She's one of the most balanced and lowest tier characters at the moment. @Arqwart gave a solid explanation at what you did wrong. Personally i havent lost to a jade player in months, because i know how she works. She is only a "real" threat in Jaded. Untameable is full of gaps and ED requires patience.

Shes +10 on hit (If i remember correctly) so you have to respect her afterwards. Thats the only kind of "Guess" there is with Jade.
Or you can just poke her out of it....there is actually No guess work at all.....since her razor rang when amplified is still a High.....

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Or you can just poke her out of it....there is actually No guess work at all.....since her razor rang when amplified is still a High.....
@John_NX is talking about on hit which you 100% must respect whatever she follows it up with. On block, you're correct that it doesn't jail.

ZBirdV8

Flocker
Play Cetrion and Blast the bitch to hell and back. If that doesn't work Teleport in and stagger f2 string and throws to death.

Dude just befriend a scrubby Jade player and play 100 matches to train yourself mentally on how to not tilt. That's what I do,but I also realize that because of the characters I play, Jade is a hard MU so technically those losses don't count. Any player who switches to jade to beat me I know I may lose to BS off rip.
In this case the dude was a legit Jade. I really did want to keep playing but was so overwhelmed and caught off guard by it that I had to turn the game off hahaha. Gonna find the dude and add him.

you mean on hit or on block? It's +7 on block but you can always duck the second razor if the jade player is trying to frame trap you with string into amp razor-rangs
This was on hit. I looked up the frame advantage after those games but didn't know about it being +7 on block. THanks for the heads up.

You just have to keep playing it man.
This is me against high rank Lili players. I know the the mu but I'm always 1 random cartwheel kick away from losing lol and if there is a way I can get hit I will always find it lol. I saying that I used to get mopped and now it's a lot closer. Just takes time and practice.
This is where the mental aspect of the matchup comes in most. I'm one of the most impatient people ever but also panic up close against her, especially against 99% of Jade players that seem to not actually think about how unsafe she is and throw things out regardless hahah

Play Cetrion and Blast the bitch to hell and back. If that doesn't work Teleport in and stagger f2 string and throws to death.
Cetrion is one of my mains but this doesn't work all that well for me. It's hard to zone her because Jade players will just use Glow and up close (like I mentioned in a reply above) crumble up close despite knowing gaps, the frames she has and having better pokes.

Hot_DNA

Noob
Pick Frost, I think most us Jade mains would vrather play a scorpion than Frost.. IMO. Frost is her worst matchup

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
In this case the dude was a legit Jade. I really did want to keep playing but was so overwhelmed and caught off guard by it that I had to turn the game off hahaha. Gonna find the dude and add him.

This was on hit. I looked up the frame advantage after those games but didn't know about it being +7 on block. THanks for the heads up.

This is where the mental aspect of the matchup comes in most. I'm one of the most impatient people ever but also panic up close against her, especially against 99% of Jade players that seem to not actually think about how unsafe she is and throw things out regardless hahah
So, even though there’s a lot of mental and emotional stuff you’re struggling with, knowing the matchup up and down is going to help tremendously. If you’re prepared for the MU, you’ll know what to do in virtually every situation vs Jade. This in turn effects the mental side of things. Because you’ll never be overwhelmed and won’t ever be unsure of what to do.

So I just played a KL set against a Kano that I feel like I shouldn't have really lost against. What I mean is that is was a really close set of game but the one thing I believe got him the win was me continuously making the same mistake (in this case getting forward thrown on wakeup), recognising it AND STILL NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. It's really frustrating because I know exactly why I lost, how to prevent but in the heat of the moment just CAN'T?

Does anyone else experience this? I feel like it's the underlying thing that's made playing the game so nerve racking for me lately.

So, even though there’s a lot of mental and emotional stuff you’re struggling with, knowing the matchup up and down is going to help tremendously. If you’re prepared for the MU, you’ll know what to do in virtually every situation vs Jade. This in turn effects the mental side of things. Because you’ll never be overwhelmed and won’t ever be unsure of what to do.
I've labbed the matchup to know her frames, the gaps in her strings and even have them physically written down so I can refer to them if I need to. My problem is STILL getting overwhelmed regardless because I just can't clear my head quickly enough to make the most of the matchup knowledge.

Whenever youre playing a Jade you have to compartmentalize the match as training since its such a hard matchup for your character. You cant take those matches seriously because most ppl counterpick to Jade for easy, scrubby wins when they have no fundamentals. Like your mental problem with playing Jades is felt even by pro players on their streams because of this game's mechanics, which reward scrubby, turtling type of playstyles. You should know from now on that this game has glaring balance and design issues so that when you play Jades you wont get as tilted.

Its like when I lose to a random Terminator online or an Upgraded Jacqui, two characters that are literal complete BULLSHIT when it comes to their unreactable offensive options, I dont take those losses seriously because I accept that Jacqui and Term are fundamentally broken and not competitively fair. Your problem is your presuming that this is a balanced game where if you got beat its because you got outplayed, that is definetly NOT the case in any MK game my friend. This game has broken, unfair, degenerate bullshit in it that allows less skilled players to win with less effort, and Jade is a prime case of this in specific matchups. Its just a very hard matchup where you have to work way harder while the Jade can make mistakes and still win. You wouldnt be feeling this if you played with Johnny Cage or Liu.