What's new

I can do the hardest Ndc combo with kabal. why isn't their more people on Ps Vita

Spencer

Always Training
1.) Online is the same than Console most of the time 2.) If I can do Kabals b121 b1ndc 2ndc 2 f4 nd... and IAGB and all the that good stuff then their is nothing wrong with the dpad. 3.) On the go training mode for MK9 and INGAU.

YES, I know their supposedly getting rid of online on mk9 but its still good thing to have.

I don't see why more people don't own a vita

Last edited:

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
1.) Online is the same than Console most of the time 2.) If I can do Kabals b121 b1ndc 2ndc 2 f4 nd... and IAGB and all the that good stuff then their is nothing wrong with the dpad. 3.) On the go training mode for MK9 and INGAU.

YES, I know their supposedly getting rid of online on mk9 but its still good thing to have.

I don't see why more people don't own a vita
1) Online play on console is borderline acceptable when the connection is not dropped half the time. Having something the same level is not adequate reason to purchase. Is it better? Even if it is, most fighting game player are fervent offline players. Online to them in any way, shape, or form is a downright atrocity.
2) The problem is not the d pad, the Vita shape does not lend itself towards people whose muscle memory and comfort comes from controllers. Then there are the players who play on stick like me and few others with NRS games.
3) 2-3 cool aspects of a game do not warrant a $200ish purchase. On the go training does not translate to the same level of play on console. The controllers used are too different.

We are talking about a $200ish purchase here. Most fighting gamers are already strapped for money as it is. Let's divide the group into 2 categories for the sake of argument. Casual and hardcore.
Casual players like the game but do not or can not go to offline tournaments. They are already satisfied with the level of interaction they have with the game(s) as it is, on consoles with vastly superior libraries compared the Vita.
Hardcore players GENERALLY SPEAKING despise online play. They are fervent users of a gamepad or fightstick or sometimes Hitbox. Offline play will always trump the inevitable latentcy with online play. Money if they have it are saved to either live day to day or saved to travel for tournaments/locals.

These are just a few reasons. Is your idea stupid/horrible/inane? No. I do not think you are completely wrong. On the go practice mode and fun games like MK9 and IGAU sound fun. But buying the Vita is not generally economically feasible for people who prioritize other costs above a handheld with singular use.