What's new

I block, you roll. What combo should I do?

Robotic

Gentleman.
Hey all,

Back again with what I hope is not a cacophony. Diving in: Scorp teleports, Mileena rolls, Kano does his Blanka thing, Quan Chi Sky Suicides, you block it all. What do you do?

Until today, I was using this combo: standing 4, TU, f43, EXTU, b2 torch dat ass for 35%. I know f44 combo beginner instead of the standing 4 does more damage (37%), but I stopped using it because, for whatever reason, f44 is sticky; sometimes the window to perform it is smaller than I thought and I only get the f4 and not f44. It means I get no combo from it. Now, it doesn't happen frequently, but it was often enough that I dropped it completely for the guaranteed damage and easier combo starter in the standing 4.

I found this out today: Standing 3 combo starter into what is mentioned above does 38%. This makes absolutley no sense to me. Standing 3 on it's own does 7% just like standing 4. There should be no damage scaling difference. Why in the blue HELL does this combo do 38% while the standing 4 does 35%? Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, because I've been punishing the rolls characters have been serving up today for 38% all day and it's been awesome. I shall call them dinner rolls from now on...yummy.

Of note, Mileena's telekick cannot be punished this way from what I've tried. So what do you guys do to eat up these dinner rolls?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
lol

Well this is what I usually do with sektor for my biggest punish:

12b1, jump kick TU, jump kick EXTU, b12

Thats a ground punish though. I'm not for sure exactly what I would do for an in-the-air punish

ryublaze

Noob
That's strange how the 3 starter does 38% but it looks like it can be a new BnB punisher. o.o

I usually do:
F4, 3, TU, JK, EX TU, B2, Flame Burner (38%)
JK, TU, F4, 3, EX TU, B2, Flame (38%)

and I think these are his highest punishers but they have harder timing:
F4, 3, TU, F4, 3, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (41%)
F4, dash, F4, 3, TU, B3, 4, EXTU, B2, Flame Burner (41%)

Robotic

Gentleman.
How does it work against a blocked superman?
The same. The window to perform it is much smaller though. Maybe there are better punish options for a blocked superman?

EDIT: For EX Superman, standing 3 will not work as the collision sends Raiden out of range for it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
The thing about Mileena's teleport kick is that it can not be punished in safe manner other than an uppercut. You can try to jump kick into TU, and it can work if the Mileena player throws the sais at the wrong time or not at all. However if they know what they are doing, you are now getting punished.

For those moves that have extended air time causing you not to use 1,2,b1 or a b2 starter: I normally just go with f44,tu,b34,extu,up missile trap.

I will always risk higher damage for up missile traps as well as reliability. The f44 starter has never failed me.

Robotic

Gentleman.
if you delay it slightly you wont whiff it
Thing is, I dont know which blocked moves to delay it for. Instead, ill take standing 3 since its both simpler AND does good damage. Also, to swift's point, upmissile traps are awesome for standing 3 starter as well. F44 always working for u, maybe its because I might get excited and input f44 too fast? At any rate, I dont have to worry about that with standing 3.

ryublaze

Noob
The only time the 3 in f43 whiffs for me is when punishing mileena's ball roll, so I just use f44 in that situation.

Robotic

Gentleman.
After more exposure, standing 3 is sooooo easy. Any blocked move that dinner rolls the opponent will eat 38% without the necessity of f44 or f43.