What's new

Breakthrough I believe in PimPimJim.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Its such a problem here on TYM. People are always discrediting good players after one tournament.
Instead of having one person in the spotlight for one character, there should be many players in the spotlight for each character.
Especially, ESPECIALLY with such a low amount of representatives for each character.

Its perfectly fine to discuss strats, tech, pressure etc and compare the two players. But why does it always have to come down to who is better then who? It always turns into that sort of discussion in the end.

Its just a popularity contest here half the time, and who did good ONCE at a tourney on ONE day.
You're surprised that people think "You're only as good as your last performance"?

I agree with you completely, good for them. I was in no way trying to create some kind of rivalry between the two. I really don't care enough.

But yea, I need to remember to stay free though.

zaf

professor
You're surprised that people think "You're only as good as your last performance"?
I agree with you completely, good for them. I was in no way trying to create some kind of rivalry between the two. I really don't care enough.
But yea, I need to remember to stay free though.
no im not surprised, this mk9 community is young and new to the fgc. a lot of the players that come here are fotm players and fotm fans. its just annoying to see people always being discredited for nothing >_> .... like when reo was washed up, yea those were good times. oh yea, im being a bad guy now with jer, so i have to tell people to stay free all the time.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
no im not surprised, this mk9 community is young and new to the fgc. a lot of the players that come here are fotm players and fotm fans. its just annoying to see people always being discredited for nothing >_> .... like when reo was washed up, yea those were good times. oh yea, im being a bad guy now with jer, so i have to tell people to stay free all the time.
fotm?

...I think the good players new REO wasn't washed up. I don't really remember that time period.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
I'm lord baby.

zaf

professor
fotm?

...I think the good players new REO wasn't washed up. I don't really remember that time period.
of course the good players knew that. but this site has a larger majority that are mk fans and this is their first fgc game. its a lot of those players that are the fotm players/fans and take things like players being washed up too seriously.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
of course the good players knew that. but this site has a larger majority that are mk fans and this is their first fgc game. its a lot of those players that are the fotm players/fans and take things like players being washed up too seriously.
Wth is Fotm?

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
who else at foonzo has babied you besides jer?
Don't remember if jer babied me, although I'm sure he can. T.Roll babied me, then you avenged me by babying him.

As for your comment regarding flavour of the month, my post is maybe one of the last one to instigate that reaction from you. A lot of these actual kids on this forum have straight up knowingly pitted members against each other and stated that members are washed up the minute they lose a tourny. I truly don't give a shit who is better with Sektor. Gross will always be one of my favorites since I knew about him when he beat PL at that Caribbean tourney. It was a nonchalant comment that really didn't mean much.

I'm a fan of this game, fan of UMK3, fan of MK, and I've been here since the day I knew about it.

Reactions: zaf

zaf

professor
Meh, in hindsight, I hate the fact I even posted it. The fuck cares if Gross <=> than Jim...
exactly, no one should care who is better then who. people should care about how the character is represented and be happy there are more then one representatives.

I do support the making of this thread, PPJ needs more exposure.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I've known/believed for a long while ever since he knocked me out at a local about 2 years ago at Game Pazzo...