What's new

I am Your Fears Personified- Scarecrow Combo Thread

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Dunno if this has been mentioned but in the corner from f3 you can do f3-IAdb3-2-2-2-2-123xxbdf3 for a bit more damage. I'm pretty damn sure that with spot on execution you can squeeze in the 5th s2 for even more damage.

Beach

La mejor playa
Dunno if this has been mentioned but in the corner from f3 you can do f3-IAdb3-2-2-2-2-123xxbdf3 for a bit more damage. I'm pretty damn sure that with spot on execution you can squeeze in the 5th s2 for even more damage.
I do not plan on ripping F3 out in the corner point blank tho lol.

OP has been further updated with a few more combos. I'll do some more in the morning. Debating whether true block strings/frame traps needs to be its own section. Will decide later.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Yeah, I didn't talk about how smart it is to do but just wanted to contribute to the thread. If you're gonna do the f3 you might wanna take the optimal damage when the risk is so great.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Managed to fit the 5th s2 to the combo, the ia toxin needs to be crisp af tho. I'm pretty sure that's the max damage from f3 in the corner. @BxA Ragnarök

I know it's not something you would normally do since it's unsafe but when armored it's a decent option with a huge reward.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I do b223 after that only out of spite because it's the only time I get to do that string without getting d1-60%ed or backdash-60%ed, so I do it and I get mbb3-60%ed in the gap, but at least I did the string.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Pretty much w/e you want.
Raw command grab.
Walk up d1xxdbf3/db2mb/db1
b12
Its ur turn, mix or pressure.
I do get poked out of it sometimes by online randoms dunno if it's my execution or just some wifi-warrior shenenigans but I'm not quite sure what to go for if I wanna be extra sure I'm getting my turn. Maybe s22? F13 seems to beat backdashes constantly at least.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Yeah f2 and f1 catch backdashes, but if ur quick enough anything else would hit before they would be able to backdash.
I generally just do f2 into pressure. But theres alot that jails.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I do get poked out of it sometimes by online randoms dunno if it's my execution or just some wifi-warrior shenenigans but I'm not quite sure what to go for if I wanna be extra sure I'm getting my turn. Maybe s22? F13 seems to beat backdashes constantly at least.
Walk forward Schizo or 123 is my favorite for conditioning. The low hit on 123 catches backdash attempts and people sleeping, and the entire hitstring is hitconfirmable into either command throw or another mb.bf1 with ease, and it's plus 2 on block. The other advantage, especially when your opponent is accustomed to blocking it, is staggering after the 1. Even though it's negative it recovers hella quick and 1 staggered into d1 or Schizo becomes a new layer in the mixup.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
The highest meterless corner damage off of F3 that I have found is F3, 3 > DB3, D1, D1 > DBF3. Could lead to more damage if there are better ways to follow the 3 > DB3. If someone can land 123 after, it should be like 500 meterless.

I feel like standing 3 has more potential in combos.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
The highest meterless corner damage off of F3 that I have found is F3, 3 > DB3, D1, D1 > DBF3. Could lead to more damage if there are better ways to follow the 3 > DB3. If someone can land 123 after, it should be like 500 meterless.

I feel like standing 3 has more potential in combos.
3 is excellent as an anti-crossup as well. Startup is slowish, but the hitbox is unfuckwithable. It's an underrated button right now for sure.