"I am not a crook!" Black Adam Gen Discussion

Discussion in 'Black Adam' started by Error, May 16, 2017.

1. Error

Error DF2+R2

Injustice 2 is now out, here's the newest spot to discuss our favorite dictator.

[​IMG]

“GOOD AND EVIL ARE NOT CONSTANTS. THEY ARE DEFINED BY THOSE WITH POWER.”
    After the fall of the Regime, Black Adam returned to his home defeated and humiliated. Staying hidden from Batman’s watchful eye, Kahndaq has become a safe haven for the Regime’s remnants. There they await the day that together they can restore the Regime's rule upon the world.

Adam's assemble! @MajinBerserker @Clark L. @KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY @EMPEROR_OF_OUTWORLD @usedcarsalesmang :mad: @Kyu @WB-chan anyone else who I couldn't remember

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. shinobispectre

shinobispectre Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P

I disagree with that quote representing Black Adam. :p

I focused more on Shazam and typically avoided Black Adam for his timing intensive combos. From my understanding the timing intensity is still there which is whatever. Practice makes perfect. But what about the problems he had after all the patches in Gods Among Us?

Are there any areas people have noticed from first impressions that Black Adam still lacks in?

His new string seems amazing for combos but I haven't seen much for footsies yet.

Do the new meter burn options help or hinder Black Adam? I haven't seen many people utilize them yet. Early access or otherwise.

3. Error

Error DF2+R2

lol, I can always change the quote, just thought it'd be funny in the moment.

His combos seem a bit easier now with f123 since it catches easier than b23 does and b23 11 is no longer a thing, which was pretty tight before.

I don't have the game yet, but he looks very strong from the streams I've watched, he probably still has the same weakness which is people pressing up + back since he has nothing new to cover that.

One thing I've noticed watching @Clark L. play is that f12 both whiff upclose causing Adam to phase through opponents which is annoying and could be a problem. Haven't seen many people using the rolls and air escapes yet.

shinobispectre and Clark L. like this.
  4. shinobispectre

shinobispectre Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P

Whiff as in the characters model are just screwy? Or do you think its a bug of sorts? That does sound annoying.

And cool! I'm happy that Black Adam is strong and remained somewhat consistent. But I still kind of wish they gave a new special or something to play with. Maybe even something to replace lightning trap. I also have yet to pickup the game. Gotta wait for a paycheck lol. I'm also waiting to see how the balance patches shake things up if at all. But I still like to pay attention to Adam as the game goes on.

5. Error

Error DF2+R2

He passes right through the opponent, definitely buggy.

6. UnD34D

UnD34D Noob

I was using him today and wasn't having any issues with it.

7. Firebomber

Firebomber Noob

Is there any Black Adam Discord?

Solid and Ninetayls like this.
  8. Solid

Solid The Longbow Hunter.

Is there? May I be invited?

9. Chakk dizzle

Chakk dizzle That's baaaaane

DiscoRd pleeeeeease

10. Gegz

Gegz It's all in the game yo'

PSN:
    Gegz
    XBL:
    Gegz
    Steam:
    Gegz
    Looking for a Discord invitation too :eek:

11. 'i am not a crook"

12. Deezxnutz

Deezxnutz Noob

Any BA footage from a top player? Not quite sure what to do with him

13. Chakk dizzle

Chakk dizzle That's baaaaane

My AA game with him is suspect. Lightning cage isn't reliable for me (could definitely just be me) and some things I just cannot AA with d2. So I mainly dash under whenever possible for a punish.

14. wsj515

wsj515 I will spit on your tomb

I feel like Adam's weakness has always been AA. Can't even reliably use MB b3/f3 due to the amount of 2 hitting jump ins. If you read the jump, j1 is actually a decent air-to-air.

Chakk dizzle likes this.
  15. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

Ayyy Black Adam players, need some help. Using Deadshot, I'm finding this MU hella difficult. It's one of my most played since my main partner main's him, but I just can't figure it out.

What is it I should be doing to be most effective against Adam?? Seems like you can only zone him so long before he gets in with KD Lightning/Divekick/Patience, he wins the trades, and up close he gets me with high damage and pressure. I can't figure this one out at the moment.

Any help is appreciated.

16. As someone who has no exp in this matchup except for playing black adam in ij1 id say you should probably heed the post above yours.

Black adam's inherent weakness seems to be vs jumping attacks so abuse that. He also has no viable wakeup attacks so try to 50/50 him to death with brokestroke.
    But wtf do i know.

17. SaltShaker

SaltShaker In Zoning We Trust

Damn that sucks since Deadshot's air normals aren't made for jumping in lol. I guess J3 is but still, not his greatest area of strategy.

I might try to mix in more types of upclose options then and see how that goes. Hopefully I don't break my fightpad before that happens lol.

usedcarsalesmang likes this.
  18. Saviorself

Saviorself xTVH

PSN:
    So-Viet
    MAY I get a invite to the discord ?

19. Bilbo11

Bilbo11 Noob

Steam:
    Bilbo
    BA Discord ? :)

20. wsj515

Who are people using as secondaries?

21. KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY

KHAOTIC_UNCLE-_-CREEPY The CreepFather

I've had the mid overhead of f123 whiff vs crouching Cheetah, Catwoman and the mid whiff vs Adam himself. Pretty sure others can crouch under the string too.

SaSSolino, wsj515 and Error like this.
  22. Deezxnutz

Deezxnutz Noob

So how do you pressure with BA? Seems like you just work off the plus frames of cancelling into trait then do a string or grab

23. wsj515

The only positive here is that it makes these characters want to crouch, which opens them up to the b2

vicious1024 likes this.
  24. Error

Error DF2+R2

He's not really a pressure character, cancel your strings into trait, hit confirm for combo or go into grab/b2/occasional sweep on block.

25. How plus is BAs trait?