What's new

I’m really sick of the level of toxicity on this game.

Past few days I think I’ve had a select number of “ggs” online. Most games end in people tea bagging and then fatality’ing and leaving after like one game. Just fought a sub zero in a room that I beat the first 3 games (just ended in a sweep) he starts winning a few off his BS random 50/50s and starts wake up insta jumping of course and tea bags and fatals every single time until one time he just sits idle on the menu screen until im forced to leave. Like why do you guys gotta be like this? This is why I switched to SFV. Sure people are toxic there but at least I don’t have to deal with scrubby Kung Laos tea bagging me after cramming a broken j3 down my throat like they actually did anything skillful. Seriously the level of toxicity online in MK11 is so awful and it really makes me want to put the game down for good. Fuck y’all toxic sub players.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'm not saying the toxicity is justified in the slightest - I'm like the world's biggest hater of t-bagging and the like. However, this game frustrates the living shiz out of me on a regular basis so I'm not surprised the toxicity/angst/rage are out there.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I know people will say this happens in every online game (Because it does) but it certainly feels like it's more rampant in NRS games. I have played a A LOT of SFV and KI and while you get baggers and hate messengers it seems to pale in comparison to what you get in MK games.

Luckily it doesn't bother me personally, but it is something I have taken note of. Probably doesn't help that the devs seem to encourage the tbagging themselves.

It's probably because the game actively encourages that sort of behavior with finishers the way it does. As far as I'm aware, most other games don't give you 15 seconds just to be a dick at the end of a match.
KI and SF both give you that somewhat with the stun and finisher of KI its not the game the problem its the community

E

Eldriken

KI and SF both give you that somewhat with the stun and finisher of KI its not the game the problem its the community
Nah, man. SFV stuns don't last long enough for someone to teabag you for 10 seconds straight before finishing it off. Not sure about in KI with finishers.

I'm just saying that MK games give you a notoriously long time to do a Fatality input that takes at most 1-2 seconds. They also have achievements/trophies tied to doing so. I'd say it's heavily suggested. It's even got a reference in the tooltips, I think. Could be mistaken on that last bit, so don't quote me. =P

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Nah, man. SFV stuns don't last long enough for someone to teabag you for 10 seconds straight before finishing it off. Not sure about in KI with finishers.

I'm just saying that MK games give you a notoriously long time to do a Fatality input that takes at most 1-2 seconds. They also have achievements/trophies tied to doing so. I'd say it's heavily suggested. It's even got a reference in the tooltips, I think. Could be mistaken on that last bit, so don't quote me. =P
KI does not. only in the OPPONENTS danger state of health, like Fatal Blows

Slymind

Noob
Don't let it get to you. I personally don't approve this type of behavior, but, keep your composure and focus on your game. This is a game that demands composure, i started having a much more satisfying experience when i decided to improve my own game rather than blaming or cursing the opponent whatever he was doing, and yes, some characters benifit more from online.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
from what i (a noob at OW) and my cousin a Plat have seen, Ow is not that toxic anymore. maybe were just lucky
Maybe they punish toxic players more now but when i played OW almost every single game was toxic, most of the time insults in chat and like 2 or 3 out of 10 games was screaming in mic.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
The post fight fatality window is waaaayy too long
This is something that has confused me since MK9. In the "good old days" of MK1-UMK3, the fatality window was like 3-4 seconds tops. You had to jump your ass into position and be mashing directional inputs while airborne to immediately press the needed button as you landed or else you were SOL. Nowadays, you can wavedash from fullscreen to up close, t-bag for a bit, then still input a fatality. It's nonsense.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
That's fighting games. I know it sucks, but I don't think I have every learned a fighting game without needing to deal with nuts in my face and hella toxic messages. Just gotta learn to not give a shit.

MK sells the most out of any fighting game outside of Smash because of its appeal to “casuals”. When you add that many more “casuals” you increase the chances of toxic behavior sadly.