What's new

Hypothetical MK11 Patch notes - Rainbow edition

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
General Gameplay Adjustements
Movelist now have a self-read input software that translates to readable form, they no longer need to be updated manually
Meter system reviewed they no longer build meter automatically, and neither in between round end taunts
Guarded attack builds 15% of meter to the attacker
Taking a hit 12% to the defender
Specials build 5% on execution
Fatal Blows - Pushback on block removed
Fatal Blows - Don't comeback on the same round if missed or guarded.
Breakaways - Replaced with Breakers
Breakers - Command activation changed to Forward + Block, can be formed on the ground or in the air
Wakeup system
Invincibility disappears on wakeup if the player presses an attack button.
Delaying Wakeups now disables invincibility frames
Long Delayed Wakeups - Disables invincibility frames and allows for OTG pick up strikes
Forward Roll - Costs 1 offense bar and 1 defense bar
Back Roll - Can now be performed as a character touches the ground falling after getting hit, costs 1 defense bar and 1 offense bar (quick recovery)
D1 - Now are considered special mids and can be short hop'd
Jump forward - Animation changed to every single character to a front flip, less float and better startup speed
Jump in kicks - active frames reduced to 6 for all characters
You are now considered crouching on the first frame you release block
Uppercuts have pushback removed
Back dash - now have 2 frames of invincibility
Back dash - Characters distance coverage startup increased
Back Dash - Getting hit by a strike as you back dash is no longer considered a counter hit

Kustomize
Allows characters to pick upward and bottom elements of a skin separately
added a color wheel to pick on skins
deleted a bunch of replicated skins
added an option to choose hair styles

Kombat League/Online setting
Characters now have their own rank on KL
Added an option to look for matches with wired only, wifi only or both
Added an option to look for matches by region or global

There is a lot i would to character specifics, but i don't want to stir up, as much as don't really explore this game as much, let just leave it at that, and even with the current changes would be such a game.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
This would be a totally different game, but I think an interesting one.

What attacks would hit OTG in the long delay scenario? Are we assuming all of them would or maybe just lows?

Numbers on meter system probably need adjusting/more specificity. For example, multihitting specials. If I do ji1, f13~db4 with D'vorah, I've built 95% of a bar on block if multihitting specials build the full amount per strike. Seems a bit excessive. Fujin would build more than a whole bar off a jump in with his b11212~warp needle. Point being, these characters would now be almost entirely safe on those specials unless they had literally 0 meter at the start.

General Gameplay Adjustements
Movelist now have a self-read input software that translates to readable form, they no longer need to be updated manually
Meter system reviewed they no longer build meter automatically, and neither in between round end taunts
Guarded attack builds 15% of meter to the attacker
Taking a hit 12% to the defender
Specials build 5% on execution
Breakaways - Replaced with Breakers
Breakers - Command activation changed to Forward + Block, can be formed on the ground or in the air
Wakeup system
Invincibility disappears on wakeup if the player presses an attack button.
Delaying Wakeups now disables invincibility frames
Long Delayed Wakeups - Disables invincibility frames and allows for OTG pick up strikes
Forward Roll - Costs 1 offense bar and 1 defense bar
Back Roll - Can now be performed as a character touches the ground falling after getting hit, costs 1 defense bar and 1 offense bar (quick recovery)
D1 - Now are considered special mids and can be short hop'd
Jump forward - Animation changed to every single character to a front flip, less float and better startup speed
Jump in kicks - active frames reduced to 6 for all characters
You are now considered crouching on the first frame you release block
Uppercuts have pushback removed
Back dash - now have 2 frames of invincibility
Back dash - Characters distance coverage startup increased
Back Dash - Getting hit by a strike as you back dash is no longer considered a counter hit

Kustomize
Allows characters to pick upward and bottom elements of a skin separately
added a color wheel to pick on skins
deleted a bunch of replicated skins
added an option to choose hair styles

Kombat League/Online setting
Characters now have their own rank on KL
Added an option to look for matches with wired only, wifi only or both
Added an option to look for matches by region or global

There is a lot i would to character specifics, but i don't want to stir up, as much as don't really explore this game as much, let just leave it at that, and even with the current changes would be such a game.
Yooooo Oh my god lmao! I read this thinking it was a real patch!! I was like man this is definitely enough for me to play the game again haha! I don’t agree with everything but it’s definitely a step in the right direction

Agilaz

It has begun
Why are people still wanting to go back to MKX style meter? You people clearly didn't play characters that were highly meter dependant and SUCKED at building meter on top of that.

Meanwhile, Mileena was easily building enough bar for 3 breakers every round, fuck outta here

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Why are people still wanting to go back to MKX style meter? You people clearly didn't play characters that were highly meter dependant and SUCKED at building meter on top of that.

Meanwhile, Mileena was easily building enough bar for 3 breakers every round, fuck outta here
Still better that this meter that fills on whatever basis, no consences and then you have jacqui, kang cetrion, cage, who are already super oppressive and nothing holds them back

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This would be a totally different game, but I think an interesting one.

What attacks would hit OTG in the long delay scenario? Are we assuming all of them would or maybe just lows?

Numbers on meter system probably need adjusting/more specificity. For example, multihitting specials. If I do ji1, f13~db4 with D'vorah, I've built 95% of a bar on block if multihitting specials build the full amount per strike. Seems a bit excessive. Fujin would build more than a whole bar off a jump in with his b11212~warp needle. Point being, these characters would now be almost entirely safe on those specials unless they had literally 0 meter at the start.
Mostly lows and moves with similar arcs like overheads.

The meter can be fixed with a math scaling

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Still better that this meter that fills on whatever basis, no consences and then you have jacqui, kang cetrion, cage, who are already super oppressive and nothing holds them back
Nah. MK11 meter system is fine.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@Eddy Wang

I find this to be redundant.

You want the pushback to be removed so that they can be punished more easily I presume? Well, since they will have 30% or less health, it means that they are dead by the vast majority of BnBs. Except for characters with full screen FBs in which case, no pushback whould make no difference.

I think your second point is a better fix.
An empty FB could be seen as a last ditch effort to try and stay relatively safe at the price of losing it for the rest of the round. I can live with that.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.

Considering the general consensus is that it builds back far too quickly.
I think the meter building system of past games favored certain characters over others(particularly characters that relied on special moves that built meter), whereas this one feels more fair to me. Purely my perspective but the meter system doesn't bother me in this game.

The janky hit and hurt boxes bother me. Fatal blows bother me. The wake up system bothers me. But the meter system doesn't.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The concept of meter management was a bullseye, however, the application was incomplete, sloppy.

The mindless auto regenerating meter is another set of wheel so that kids can ride safer.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The concept of meter management was a bullseye, however, the application was incomplete, sloppy.

The mindless auto regenerating meter is another set of wheel so that kids can ride safer.
There is no consequence to moves usage on regen unless its a breakaway, some moves are too good yet regen speed has no consequence

The meter regens at any point, anywhere unless there is a over dramatic cinematic playing, even when the round is over still builds meter.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

I find this to be redundant.

You want the pushback to be removed so that they can be punished more easily I presume? Well, since they will have 30% or less health, it means that they are dead by the vast majority of BnBs. Except for characters with full screen FBs in which case, no pushback whould make no difference.

I think your second point is a better fix.
An empty FB could be seen as a last ditch effort to try and stay relatively safe at the price of losing it for the rest of the round. I can live with that.
I like both, use fatal blow wisely not mindless

• Breakaway results in a long delayed wakeup aka hard knockdown
  • jump kicks nerfed
  • Pushback on fatal blows removed
  • Female hurtboxes adjusted to match male ones
  • Jacqui Briggs, Erron Black and Joker removed from the game
  • Scorpion's hellport hits mid
  • WIFI and ping filters
  • more frame advantage on pokes for characters that need it
Dream game

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@Eddy Wang

You know, I saw this thread at the Top of the screen, and without even reading the title, I assumed those are official patch notes. When I saw the meter changes, I almost dropped the chair to floor from happy screen, then I realized those are....yours : (

I bet you Eddy 20 bucks, that the customization slots, moves will be changed. However regardless, without this change, we would be still playing MKII combo and dpeth system game with enhanced grathpics and some add ons.