What's new

Hyperkin X91 Controller

C-Sword

Noob
No, cause we knew Hyperkin made shitty products. Don't buy 3rd party controllers unless it's from Hori, PowerA or 8bitdo. You can also read the reviews on amazon, they're mostly negative.

No, cause we knew Hyperkin made shitty products. Don't buy 3rd party controllers unless it's from Hori, PowerA or 8bitdo. You can also read the reviews on amazon, they're mostly negative.
I currently own a Hori Fighting Commander and it's great. Was simply curious since the design of this one looked great.

If you're one on PC, this is the greatest pad ever made, the 8bitdo M30. It's the one I use on PC and Switch. Just ask @THTB

I also use it on the PS4 with a Brook adapter
That strongly resembles the 6-button Sega Genesis Controller, no accident I'm sure. How does the D-Pad feel? That's the biggest issue I find with pads for fighting games. Hori's are great, Microsoft's first party ones are not. The Xbox One's is leaps and bounds better than the Xbox 360's, but still quite lacking.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, if PC's your platform, the M30 is king for fighting games. The d-pad is incredible.

The DragonSlay Fightpad Elite is another good choice. It's the SFV Fightpad rebranded, with a revised d-pad.

C-Sword

Noob
That strongly resembles the 6-button Sega Genesis Controller, no accident I'm sure. How does the D-Pad feel? That's the biggest issue I find with pads for fighting games. Hori's are great, Microsoft's first party ones are not. The Xbox One's is leaps and bounds better than the Xbox 360's, but still quite lacking.
I only use pads and this has the best d-pad I've ever used, much better than the Saturn's and Hori's. It's super precise. My only complaint is that mine makes a squeaky sound when I press right sometimes, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

Check out a review here

@C-Sword Awesome, thanks. Interestingly, the lack of four shoulder/bumpers and being forced to use six face buttons would drive me nuts. For my Hori fighting Commander, the Xbox One version you can remap the buttons on the Controller itself. I never us "A" and "X" at all, and I've mapped everything else like a traditional layout.

C-Sword

Noob
@C-Sword Awesome, thanks. Interestingly, the lack of four shoulder/bumpers and being forced to use six face buttons would drive me nuts. For my Hori fighting Commander, the Xbox One version you can remap the buttons on the Controller itself. I never us "A" and "X" at all, and I've mapped everything else like a traditional layout.
Another one with a great d-pad is this one, the SN30 Pro +, I like it more than the Dualshock4

https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Sn30-Pro-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Classic/dp/B07TDTXHJP/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1EOV5XFE0LXHM&keywords=sn30+pro+plus&qid=1567288097&s=gateway&sprefix=sn30+pro,aps,129&sr=8-1&th=1

If you're one on PC, this is the greatest pad ever made, the 8bitdo M30. It's the one I use on PC and Switch. Just ask @THTB

I also use it on the PS4 with a Brook adapter
What's the converter you use for ps4 ? That controller is what I started out with for fighting games when I had a Sega.

Mayz22

Noob
Hey all,

Has anyone tried this Controller out? If so, how's the D-Pad on it?
I bought it for my daughter, she has smaller hands and well its a smaller controller. I did try it out, as far as on the xbox1, my combos where easier to pull off compared to original xbox 1 controller. It does not compare to the hori FC! I have the hori for ps4 and its way more responsive imo......