What's new

Hunter Pence says: "Joker is actually better than Green Arrow"

Error

DF2+R2
@StevoSuprem0 , hey man, I want joker to be good too. I want everybody to be good. But Joker being "iconic" has dick to do with balance. You think Black Adam launched with a killer backdash and unstoppable wakeups cause of his popularity?
Gotta downplay Black Adam here and say he never had unstoppable wake-ups.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
This game is pretty balanced, so when someone says "whoever" is better than "whoever" or "this character" is/isn't bottom 5, we're really just talking about a couple of bad or good matchups--that's all. It's mostly irrelevant.
Idk man, 15 bad match ups, like 5 7-3s and a couple of unwinnable doesn't sound that balanced to me.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Red Reaper @BRUTALITY I guess its hard to punish at 23 frame recovery parry thats barely active at close range and pushblocking one part of the teeth setup to avoid the other hit. Man it's so hard to beat Joker @StevoSuprem0 @oNe87_Kentucky @Fromundaman @Qwark28 :joker:I cant remember the exact recovery frames but I know Its 20 something
Yes.. It is because you don't react to the 20 something frames the instant it starts, leaving you with less unless you expect it. In which kase, if you expect anything you kan wiff punish it (assuming it has any recovery)... And MB F3 goes through pushblock..

Anyway, I'm not saying he's hard to beat. I'm saying he's Bullsh*t. Similar to how Bane was Bullsh*t before the patch but he wasn't as good until now. If Joker was somehow buffed he would probably be ridiculous. His main problem is in getting in but once he's in you're in a guessing game.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This game is pretty balanced, so when someone says "whoever" is better than "whoever" or "this character" is/isn't bottom 5, we're really just talking about a couple of bad or good matchups--that's all. It's mostly irrelevant.
Idk man, 15 bad match ups, like 5 7-3s and a couple of unwinnable doesn't sound that balanced to me.
This game is balanced. Some characters are just more balanced than others...

#AnimalFarmLogic

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yes.. It is because you don't react to the 20 something frames the instant it starts, leaving you with less unless you expect it. In which kase, if you expect anything you kan wiff punish it (assuming it has any recovery)... And MB F3 goes through pushblock..

Anyway, I'm not saying he's hard to beat. I'm saying he's Bullsh*t. Similar to how Bane was Bullsh*t before the patch but he wasn't as good until now. If Joker was somehow buffed he would probably be ridiculous. His main problem is in getting in but once he's in you're in a guessing game.
I won't disagree to Joker having some BS, but hold the fuck up!

.... Are you implying a missed Parry is hard to punish?
If so then let me give you some advice:

-Turn on your console.
-Launch Injustice: Gods Among Us.
-Play against a Joker.
-Have that Joker use Parry.
-Call your neighbor.
-Invite him to a Barbeque for the 4th of July.
-Go buy grilling supplies.
-Go home and spend time with your kids.
-Put the kids to bed.
-Make sweet love to your significant other.
-Take a shower.
-Walk through the living room and remember Injustice is still on.
-Grab your controller and punish Joker's parry ending lag.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

-Turn on your console.
-Play against a Joker.
-Call your neighbor.
-Put the kids to bed.
-Take a shower.
Lmfao!!!!!!! I'm done!!!! *Vengeance135 has signed off*

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

-Turn on your console.
-Play against a Joker.
-Call your neighbor.
-Put the kids to bed.
-Take a shower.
It's not that hard to punish but it's not that easy.. I guess if you're up klose it's easier since you just have to D1 but also for people unfamiliar it's hard to tell when the active frames are gone....

Anyway.. Whatever.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Krayzie was the tester for the Joker. Chris G tested Arrow and I forgot who else.

Krayzie tested Catwoman, Joker, Cyborg, and Raven.
Not according to REO.
It was a moot point, I was simply using it to say that it was dumb to speculate that Chris G would have made Joker look amazing or warranted him getting nerfs.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
It's not that hard to punish but it's not that easy.. I guess if you're up klose it's easier since you just have to D1 but also for people unfamiliar it's hard to tell when the active frames are gone....

Anyway.. Whatever.
You literally cannot react to Joker's parry and get caught by the active frames. They simply are not long enough. You will always catch him during recovery, which is 26 frames long and pretty easy to punish.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
My point is that none of those MUs are set in stone and we have so few Joker players that they're extremely arguable. A fighting game doesn't have to have only 5-5 MUs to be balanced.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You literally cannot react to Joker's parry and get caught by the active frames. They simply are not long enough. You will always catch him during recovery, which is 26 frames long and pretty easy to punish.
Awesome.. Good to know it's not like Batman's where there's momentum going on and I try to punish it early and get snapped...

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Awesome.. Good to know it's not like Batman's where there's momentum going on and I try to punish it early and get snapped...
Yeah, it's kind of dumb but Joker's parries have like no active frames. Basically it only parries the moment I press the button, then he sits there and waves at you waiting for you to punch him in the mouth.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I would think Joker struggles against the same characters Green Arrow struggles against. Isn't that true? Also Arrow beats Joker badly as mentioned earlier. What makes him better?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I would think Joker struggles against the same characters Green Arrow struggles against. Isn't that true? Also Arrow beats Joker badly as mentioned earlier. What makes him better?
Well Joker does have an infinite in the korner, great oki, and true 50/50's.. But he sucks at getting in. So who knows...

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I kind of doubt they struggle against the same characters, but then again who knows? Even Joker players can't agree on what our bad MUs are XD

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I would sit anyday with noobde, apathy and colt for gameplay testing, why does NRS keep giving this job to non NRS players? they don't even care about our game lol