What's new

Human Smoke Question

When playing the computer (arcade) I do this combo: Spear, 3 hit pop-up, Teleport without hitting opponent, Spear, 3 hit pop-up, hp, jk, throw, for 50%+

But the thing is that when I try this online it will not work. Ive done it numerous times effectively against the cpu, but fail against anything else. I don't think Ive even been able to get it when I sign in player 2 either.

Is this combo even possible to do online? Its wierd being able to succesfully pull this off against cpu, and fail everywhere else. I also can do it in the snes versions, cabnet, and MKT on th 64.

Any advice is helpful :wink:

It's cause of the delay inherent with playing online. The little bit throws it off just enough to fuck you up. I had the same problem and had to adjust myself.

Compy386 said:
It's cause of the delay inherent with playing online. The little bit throws it off just enough to fuck you up. I had the same problem and had to adjust myself.
Yeah but I cannot do it when I sign in controller 2 either. There's 0% lag there.

N1nja Lord said:
When playing the computer (arcade) I do this combo: Spear, 3 hit pop-up, tp, Spear, 3 hit pop-up, hp, jk, throw, for 50%+
You can't do that combo unless you were able to glitch cancel the second spear as that is too many hits before its disabled. Its very easy to do if you really meant spear, 2 hit pop up etc.

Annihilator83 said:
N1nja Lord said:
When playing the computer (arcade) I do this combo: Spear, 3 hit pop-up, tp, Spear, 3 hit pop-up, hp, jk, throw, for 50%+
You can't do that combo unless you were able to glitch cancel the second spear as that is too many hits before its disabled. Its very easy to do if you really meant spear, 2 hit pop up etc.
Its not too many hits. Spear = 1 hit, 3 hit pop up = 3 hits 1+3 =4. Then you teleport without hitting the opponet, then do the spear. When the spear connects the second time its then 5 hits and so on.

Sorry for the confusion. I edited first post to make it more clear :wink:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
maybe you're not waiting enough time to pull off the 2nd spear. if you try it too fast, it won't come out.

FILER

Noob
Spear, HK, HP, TP miss, HP, Spear, 3 hit pop up, HP, JK Air throw would do more damage wouldn't it? (This is the mess around combo I often do)

ZAQ

Noob
II Mane II said:
For the second spear don't teleport, just wait for about a second before you do the pop up, then spear.
Also, I'm not sure if holding block during this helps or not(don't think it does), but at least helps most people time it correctly.

NinjaGrinder

II Mane II said:
For the second spear don't teleport, just wait for about a second before you do the pop up, then spear.
there's some instances where the missed tlpt is needed. what if he's back to the corner and spear, waits, 3-hit up combo, tlpt(miss), spear, 3-hit up combo, jk, rh, shk? a lot more damage, plus he gets his foe to the corner :wink:
another good variation would be:
spear, wait, 2-hit up combo,tlpt(miss), rh, spear, you know the rest...

Scheisse said:
Also, I'm not sure if holding block during this helps or not(don't think it does), but at least helps most people time it correctly.
it does help some people. I prefer to throw a far HP and instantly begin the spear taps. (HP, Back,Back+LP) I won't move back and it's easier than hold block, release and LP. (for me)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The combo is possible online, I do that and similar ones all the times. The TP without hitting followed by a spear is a good way to relocate them closer to the corner.

NinjaGrinder said:
II Mane II said:
there's some instances where the missed tlpt is needed. what if he's back to the corner and spear, waits, 3-hit up combo, tlpt(miss), spear, 3-hit up combo, jk, rh, shk? a lot more damage, plus he gets his foe to the corner :wink:
Thought that would just be kinda common sense. :wink:

I finally figured it out (thnx to all of you).

1. I wasn't teleporting fast enpough after the pop up.
2. I was trying it too soon after the tp.
3. Holding block does help it.

And the other combo that does the same damage(spear, Hk, Lp, and the tp hits... it does the same damage.) That one is a tad easier.

But the orginal one posted does get them into the corner :wink:

NinjaGrinder

II Mane II said:
NinjaGrinder said:
II Mane II said:
then why did you post that earlier? if its common sense relocating the foe closer to the corner, why would you advice him to not do the missed tlpt? :roll:

FILER

Noob
And the other combo that does the same damage(spear, Hk, Lp, and the tp hits... it does the same damage.) That one is a tad easier.

I may be wrong...but if the TP hits, wouldn't that mean that the air throw would do half damage, making the combo do less total damage?

filer82985 said:

I may be wrong...but if the TP hits, wouldn't that mean that the air throw would do half damage, making the combo do less total damage?
No, cus you already do the autocombo.

You'll notice if you start with a telepunch, then spear and auto-combo, you'll do a bit less damage, cus the combo and spear will be halved.

NinjaGrinder said:
II Mane II said:
NinjaGrinder said:
II Mane II said:
then why did you post that earlier? if its common sense relocating the foe closer to the corner, why would you advice him to not do the missed tlpt? :roll:
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was advising him not to do the missed TP, just trying to help, my bad =\