What's new

Human smoke combo damage question

Alright this is kind of a weird question but I'm just curios about something. I want to know if a jump kick or a air throw does more damage added in combo.

Specifically this combo
pop up, jump kick, tp, spear, pop up, walk forward hp, jump kick/air throw
It does 47% with the jump kick, but since air throws aren't added to damage i don't know how much it does.

Which does more damage added at the end of the combo, the jump kick or the air throw? Or does it do the same amount?

do a jump kick and then hit throw to do both, if the throw doesnt come out then you still have the kick. but to answer your question i think smokes air throw does about 7%

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
In a combo the JK or air throw is scaled down by damage protection making the difference almost non-existent, however, for very specific reference:

JK = 26 points (out of 166 for the full energy bar) or 15.6%
Human Smoke's Air Throw = 24 points or 14.5%

Damage Protected JK = 13 points or 7.8%
Damage Protected AT = 12 points or 7.2%

The Human Smoke combo you are doing is missing a hit, the second pop up should be a 3 hit, HK, D+LP, D+HP. If you have trouble getting the elbow and uppercut to link, just perform them as quickly as possible with no timing required. This will result in an 11 hit combo that will read as 10 hits 49%, but it's actually 94 points 56.6% The combo you doing is 54.8% when you add in the air throw. Still plenty of damage as it breaks 50%.

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah i always forget about human smokes 3 hit pop up it would be better to use that in the combo instead of the regular 2 hit one. I've only been playing for about a month so I'm always forgetting things lol. Is it possible to land the jump kick and air throw in that combo? I know that during cross ups and the such you can hit a jump kick and air throw them after but I'm finding it difficult to do this in that combo.

EDIT:practicing some human smoke today and realized it is a lot easier to just go for a jump kick to air throw rather than juggling them with the high punch at the end of the combo. With the high punch it's hard to do the jump kick to air throw but without its easy, and still does good damage.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
To connect the air throw after the JK, walk forward slightly after the aaHP and do the JK/AT immediately on the way up, or, do the JK/AT at the peak of the jump. The idea is to make the JK/AT combination almost as if it's one move. It seems hard to get the aaHP at first but you will see on some characters you can even get 2 aaHPs or LPS.

The simplest B&B for Smoke that everyone should be able to do is HK, LP, JK, TP, Spear, HK, LP, JK, AT - still breaks 50% at nearly 52%, so as long as you do that you're fine, but try to break into the higher damage ones.

highly recommended to cancel aaHP with run or block or even kicks, then you will have more time to walk under opponent,which is a better position for jk/at