What's new

Match-up Discussion - Grandmaster Huge Quan Chi Trance punish

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Wait why are you wasting meter after shatter when you can do ji1, b12xx shatter, 1, b12xx clone freeze?

Or b2, 24xx shatter, 1, b12xx clone freeze?

zoofs

bless
Wait why are you wasting meter after shatter when you can do ji1, b12xx shatter, 1, b12xx clone freeze?

Or b2, 24xx shatter, 1, b12xx clone freeze?
the cooldown is far too long to do a clone freeze on either of those combos, there is simply no clone freeze option possible. Even if you go for a setup like f12 or b33d4 after the b12 shatter, 1 for example, you're still forced to wait like 3 seconds to put a clone out.

but in actuality ending in something and waiting for the clone wouldn't really be too big of a deal seeing as quan doesn't have too many options.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
the cooldown is far too long to do a clone freeze on either of those combos, there is simply no clone freeze option possible. Even if you go for a setup like f12 or b33d4 after the b12 shatter, 1 for example, you're still forced to wait like 3 seconds to put a clone out.

but in actuality ending in something and waiting for the clone wouldn't really be too big of a deal seeing as quan doesn't have too many options.
I'm going to have to disagree, I made this video post cool down nerf.

Different application but same exact shatter setups.

zoofs

bless

what you don't realize is that there is a much longer cooldown when you do an ex clone than a regular one.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

This isn't shatter combo's, this is specific tech involving both the bait and block of a Quan Chi trance in the corner. EX Clone comes out faster than regular clone, giving you just enough frames to reversal EX-Clone, and jump in punch BEFORE Quan Chi recovers and can block. And even then the link is tight. But it's a true punish.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
@Ree301 not really any harder to NjP, JiK, B12xxSlide as the ender, and turns your 50% into 51%, as long as you don't bother with the standing 1 juggle after the shatter

Last edited:
This is awesome stuff, nice find.

(removed my previous post due to being extremely redundant, need to get reading glasses)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
After a bit more fiddling with the idea, it seems like you can do ex statue, ji1, 242, njp, shatter, b12 xx clone to get the meterless freeze. Not sure where to go from here.

EDIT: got my wires crossed. Shatter after njp is very spacing dependent. Found while working on the Jason MU, not QC.

Thinking about ending these combos in slide and giving up safe clone, then just doing b12 xx clone on their wake up. I want to see the player who has the nerve to punish b12 xx clone after they get hit by this punish.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I'm just going to leave this here in reaction to everything else ._. and for @Ree301 just keep labbing it up. Sure the links maybe tight but if you replicate the spacing with easy sequences then I'd consider it worth learning.