What's new

Hsu Hao in MK11 on black dragon's club

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Hsu Hao admittedly lost much of his appeal to me when Tremor became a character. I always liked the idea of Jax having his own rival, not sharing Kano with Sonya. Now I think Tremor makes for a much better match for Jax than Hsu Hao does. The only one who can match Jax's strength is the Earth itself? That's tight

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Hsu hao didn't flop he was broken and that made him what he is now,Jacqui is the worst character shes just female jax
SHe'S JuST FeMAlE JaX

Hsu Hao flopped and we don't need him because Kano fills whatever role he had or didn't have just fine. I literally don't think Hsu Hao and Kano do anything differently. Hsu Hao is the poor man's Kano. Tasteless. No flavor. Kano has slight flavor (not as much as Liu Kang, but that's a different conversation)

Jacqui and Jax have two very different designs and styles. Don't even start ew.

Hsu Hao's two whole fans are getting bold it seems. Hes just a dead, pointless, flop Kano.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
You're confusing Hsu Hao with Jarek. Jarek was the MK4 Kano clone. Hsu Hao actually had unique moves. His thunderclap was actually a really sick move, highlighted how powerful he was

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
You're confusing Hsu Hao with Jarek. Jarek was the MK4 Kano clone. Hsu Hao actually had unique moves. His thunderclap was actually a really sick move, highlighted how powerful he was
Welp. The fact that I didn't know that is a testament to how forgettable he is. Should forever R.I.P tbh. But, in terms of visual design, he's basically a Kano copy. There's no point of him. Kano has the chest laser now. We don't need 2 shirtless villains with lasers in their chest.

And it looks like Jax has a thunderclap in his Fatal Blow. They could give Jax a thunderclap and then boom. Hsu Hao. There are just BETTER 3D era characters that I'd rather see. But, to even compare Jacqui to Hsu Hao is just hating. The fact that Hsu Hao is known as the worst character and one of the biggest memes in the franchise (While I've seen a ton of people coming around to Jacqui in MK11) is just facts.

Could NRS somehow manage to make Hsu Hao cool? Sure. Would I want to see that anytime soon? Nah. There are too many 3D era characters that could do with that chance before him tbh.

Ashrah, Fujin, Havik, Hotaru, Nitara, Sareena. These are all characters that I think would benefit more being brought back. There's a lot more they can do with them especially when it comes to story etc.

Havik and Hotaru especially. I don't think we've seen anything with Chaos Realm or Order Realm in the current timeline and they could do lots of cool shit with them.

There are just other characters with more interesting designs, story possibilities, etc, than Hsu Hao.

Thingy

Retired account
Seeing all this Jacqui hate gets me more hype to body you guys with her when the game is released. Please send hate mail.

ToxiCrow

Noob
No she didn't.

Lots of characters are soldiers who aren't defined by being soldiers. This isn't interesting.

Lots of characters want to protect people. Still not interesting.

She didn't do it on screen. And she never dealt with any fallout or consequences of making this decision on screen. For all intents and purposes it basically didn't happen.

Both times it comes up in conversation, incredibly briefly, the conversation turns to exploring the rivalry between Johnny and Jax. That's right, what should have been a pivotal moment in Jacqui's life is actually used to develop two other characters instead.

...this is not a character trait. This does not make Jacqui a well rounded character.

Everything Jacqui is in MKX, another character does in a more interesting way.

Cassie is a soldier who spends all game trying to get her team to work together, prove herself and basically earn a promotion. Sonya is a soldier who spends all game trying to juggle her personal life with her career. Jax is a soldier who doesn't want to be a soldier because he has PTSD.

Jacqui is.......... a soldier. The end.

Jacqui has a complicated personal life? Great, let's see it on screen. Where is it? We see Cassie's complicated personal life all game long, so we understand her struggles. We see Takeda and Kung Jin's flashbacks, so we understand something about their struggles.

Jacqui........... says "Jax was just a bit over-protective." The end. It isn't even played for drama, the next sentence out of her mouth is about how he beat the shit out of Johnny hahaha it was so funny.

That's her character in MKX in a nutshell. Cassie gets the entire game to explore her conflicts, Takeda and Kung Jin get a flashback to explore theirs, and Jacqui gets a sentence that turns into a Johnny vs Jax anecdote.
Saying someone else has the same trait doesn't take away or lessen from her having it. Thats like saying Hsu Hao isn't worth it cause Kano is already Black Dragon. You are right that we have other soldiers and people wanting to protect others which in itself isn't interesting. The way it is done is. Jacqui joined up at the same time as her best friend wanting to do good. That's been done and by itself is not interesting. By that definition as you have it means Sonya isn't a good character.

If we're honest Sonya isn't all that interesting in that she is a soldier looking to protect people. What makes her interesting is her interaction with others specifically her family. Jacqui is snarky to Jin, flirty with Takeda, and a strong shoulder for Cassie. I will admit her and Cassie are seen more in the comics but those count. She reacts any time someone mentions her father and how he was a revenant in a defensive manner as it was probably something difficult for her.

I can understand if you think she is uninteresting to play as. I disagree but that isn't the point. From a lore perspective she has much more depth then most seem to pay attention to and to dismiss some of what she has because it's shared by others is completely asinine.