What's new

Tech - Dualist HRC = Healing Run Cancel

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Now this is just a silly idea of mine about what NetherRealm Studios can do to make Dualist deadly with his Light Stance.

He can cancel the healing special (DB3) with run just like he can do with fire ball in Dragon's Fire. Now imagine if healing special had same startup as fire ball and made this cancel have same properties as FBRC. Combine it with Switch Stance (DD1) and Dualist could do some deadly stuff and starting with light stance wouldn't be so bad anymore and more useful.

This idea came to my mind when I tried Dualist for the very first time back in April, but I wasn't part of this site as much as I should have been. Realising now that NRS might actually listen for feedback from fans, I hope that this particular thing will get an update. If not with the new patch, then maybe as a hotfix or new patch even later.

They might not do it same as FBRC, but at least make HRC as fast so it wouldn't leave a gap between cancels and made Liu Kang at least +6 or +7 during this thing.

What do you guys think about it?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Won't happen. NRS thinks healing is "too cheap". Besides this would take away any reason to use DF.
Why? Dualist can't build and entire meter by using F213-FBRC-F213-FBRC-F213-FK-MBurned to BK (this series also has much greater cheap damage than what Dualist would be able to do with HRC). And so far I can figure that the only safe way Dualist would be able to close the pressure is DB2, which leaves him only neutral, not plus like DF can be.

If only he was able to do run cancel with Yin buff alongside with Heal run cancel, then it would be too much indeed. But I'm talking about making only light stance more usable than right now.

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
Why? Dualist can't build and entire meter by using F213-FBRC-F213-FBRC-F213-FK-MBurned to BK (this series also has much greater cheap damage than what Dualist would be able to do with HRC). And so far I can figure that the only safe way Dualist would be able to close the pressure is DB2, which leaves him only neutral, not plus like DF can be.

If only he was able to do run cancel with Yin buff alongside with Heal run cancel, then it would be too much indeed. But I'm talking about making only light stance more usable than right now.
So make yun viable by making it a shitter version of DF. He can already run cancel the heal. Now if you're asking To be able to choose bewteen getting the heal or getting a true run cancel, then that cool. NRS won't do it cuz of their stance on healing.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
So make yun viable by making it a shitter version of DF. He can already run cancel the heal. Now if you're asking To be able to choose bewteen getting the heal or getting a true run cancel, then that cool. NRS won't do it cuz of their stance on healing.
I want either this or make his healing do 1% instead of 0.03% and make it consume projectiles so opponent will have to come close in order to break you from restoring health.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Well, people wanted Dualist to get DF's meter burned BK, so I though why wouldn't it be better to improve Dualist run cancel which he already actually has, just give healing a quicker startup and that's it.
He doesn't have actual run cancels as part of his game, nor should he. The variation is designed to pressure in a different way, so I don't see the point in bypassing that obvious design choice by implementing something that he doesn't need to begin with.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I like this I think it would be fine what's the dam problem? he can't do shit in light stance anyway he gets 0.3 back it's not OD at all.

Rager Da Prince

That means absolutely nothing.

They actually BUFFED that move.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
It was buffed to be "useful". There games have at least one or two chars that can yet the healing is minuscule.

Rager Da Prince

That means absolutely nothing.

They actually BUFFED that move.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
The only heal move that has been remotely decent is SG Kotal. You have to spend all your sun levels to get it but hey at least you got that 12% back!! With the new patch it might actually be useful but I doubt it.