What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten HQT Predator Matchup Chart (Updated 9/9/16)

JDM

Noob
I am on the edge of my figurative seat. Please, what am I not understanding?
Maybe I'm missing something but what does Predator not having a 21 frame startup move have to do with Johnny's frametraps? I'm not getting it. I'm honestly confused ? :S

But yeah, his explanation was short and maybe an exaggeration but it's most likely a 3-7 matchup now. It was bad before and is way worse now simply cause pred does less damage on everything and it's harder to frame trap on offense against johnny.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Maybe I'm missing something but what does Predator not having a 21 frame startup move have to do with Johnny's frametraps? I'm not getting it. I'm honestly confused ? :S

But yeah, his explanation was short and maybe an exaggeration but it's most likely a 3-7 matchup now. It was bad before and is way worse now simply cause pred does less damage on everything and it's harder to frame trap on offense against johnny.
Actually, I audibly said "balls" as I remembered I typed the wrong thing. I was more highlighting the difference between jailing and frame traps, which at +20 is always jailing. And I feel the egg on my face for that one and have to hold that.

But I never said, nor intended to imply, that it wasn't 3-7. That sounds about right. And it may be petty, but as bad as Cage mains get blown up, at least get your reasoning for why its bad right.

JDM

Noob
Actually, I audibly said "balls" as I remembered I typed the wrong thing. I was more highlighting the difference between jailing and frame traps, which at +20 is always jailing. And I feel the egg on my face for that one and have to hold that.

But I never said, nor intended to imply, that it wasn't 3-7. That sounds about right. And it may be petty, but as bad as Cage mains get blown up, at least get your reasoning for why its bad right.
lol I was seriously wondering if I was having a huge brain fart or something.

I was exaggerating a little when I said +20 but those cancels are super plus. It's a terrible matchup for Predator. Once he gets cornered, the only options out are to jump or low laser out of pressure. Both options get blown up easy. He can zone Johnny a little but Johnny will get in eventually get in and corner him.

Poshib

The Artman
Hmmm....looks like HQT can only beat people by keeping them out. The big problem I have with that is that quite a few characters have armor moves that they can use to blow through a beam and past the disk to have their way with Predator for the rest of the round.

Hmmm....looks like HQT can only beat people by keeping them out. The big problem I have with that is that quite a few characters have armor moves that they can use to blow through a beam and past the disk to have their way with Predator for the rest of the round.
He has decent rushdown too with the laser cancels. If I see an opportunity to knock someone down and corner them, I usually take it.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Rather put my input.

Not that opinion holds any weight, but Predator beating Tremor 6-4 or even 7-3 by laming him out post-patch doesn't seem feasible.

According to Dave, this matchup is 5-5 as of right now.

Last edited: