What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten HQT Predator Guide

Question- do you know of any string or move (without knocking your opponent down) plus enough on hit to get a disc out and still be safe? say after a cancel on hit for example.

Also you said you haven't really found a use for ex disc- there is a set up to get an unblockable armour breaking set up in the corner with ex disc's
1. No, Predator doesn't have any strings that leave the opponent standing and plus enough to get the disc out.

2. Its really hard for him to break armor now because a lot of armor absorbs two hits. I still have to lab out new post patch armor breaking setups. Ex disc has very slow startup so I can't see there being any setups to break 2 hitting armored moves I still think the best way to use ex disc is when the opponent has low health and you knock them down with f4. They are forced to block the next string, even if they delay wakeup.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
1. No, Predator doesn't have any strings that leave the opponent standing and plus enough to get the disc out.

2. Its really hard for him to break armor now because a lot of armor absorbs two hits. I still have to lab out new post patch armor breaking setups. Ex disc has very slow startup so I can't see there being any setups to break 2 hitting armored moves I still think the best way to use ex disc is when the opponent has low health and you knock them down with f4. They are forced to block the next string, even if they delay wakeup.
As far as i know the set-up is known-not sure tho. It has a very specific ender into ex disc then you grab them and 1 of the discs hits at the same time as the grab, you get knocked away and you tech roll into b22 cancel. It worked against kung laos ex spin pre-patch it should also work on 2 hits of armour although i haven't tested it. Can try and post it if you want?

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
As far as i know the set-up is known-not sure tho. It has a very specific ender into ex disc then you grab them and 1 of the discs hits at the same time as the grab, you get knocked away and you tech roll into b22 cancel. It worked against kung laos ex spin pre-patch it should also work on 2 hits of armour although i haven't tested it. Can try and post it if you want?
It's posted by Reo in the Predator forums. I never got the throw to connect on the same frame as the disc though.

Yeah I know what your talking about. I have trouble replicating it in practice mode so I don't bother to try it in a match

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Good work! I like this guide, even though I would change a few minor things. E.g. his 1 bar 122-BnB should be: 122~ex stab, NJP, 4~stab. This one doesn't require stamina.

Besides I like ending combos with "F4" when I want to rushdown and I end them with "4~medium range plasma" when I want to do some zoning. Both setups usually allow throwing a disc out.

I think that Reptile has become an even better zoner than HQT btw. Quan Chi is for sure. Even HW Jax is up there, but noone dictates sweep range as much as HQT does... :)

Good work! I like this guide, even though I would change a few minor things. E.g. his 1 bar 122-BnB should be: 122~ex stab, NJP, 4~stab. This one doesn't require stamina.

Besides I like ending combos with "F4" when I want to rushdown and I end them with "4~medium range plasma" when I want to do some zoning. Both setups usually allow throwing a disc out.

I think that Reptile has become an even better zoner than HQT btw. Quan Chi is for sure. Even HW Jax is up there, but noone dictates sweep range as much as HQT does... :)
Yeah I didn't spend much time on the combo section. There are better ones out there. I think ending combos in b311 mid laser and 4 laser have the same damage output. I dont think Reptile is a better zoner and no way HW Jax is a better zoner. I think Pumped Up is way better at zoning than HW due to the +7 projectile and ground pound. Rockets and machine guns are really negative.

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
I got a kombo you could add:

Midscreen 1 bar
f212 fb3MB d2 32%

Don't instantly enhance fb3. Wait until Predator stabs the opponent to enhance it.

Is there a thread or something that goes over HQT/Predator Oki? Like, after F4 do I get any sort of setup or something with the disc out, is there time to do anything, etc?

Is there a thread or something that goes over HQT/Predator Oki? Like, after F4 do I get any sort of setup or something with the disc out, is there time to do anything, etc?
It's character specific but if you think the opponent will block, go into a block string like 122, b311, or f212. F212 breaks single hitting armored moves after f4 disc. If you think they will wakeup, block it and punish. You can also shoot a close low laser after f4 disc and it will cause the opponent to do a quick restand if they don't delay wakeup.