What's new

Video/Tutorial HowTo: Dancing/Evading - Annoying Liu Kangs

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
This shows what I meant by dancing and not using breakers. It's just best not to land in combos to begin with if possible. I know a lot of people use dash > block extensively. I believe it has it's place here and there, but I find best to stay still, move if I have to, and avoid things using jumps unless they serve a specific immediate purpose of attack or evade. I'm an advancing counter-striker. Provoke, Evade, Attack. Notice how he was dash blocking. For me that only let me predict his moves, timing and range. It's just another way of moving around less erratically, I find it's just more effort without the gain. That's just my opinion though. For characters like smoke or mileena I have to dash and block that just to be safe. There's quite a bit of baiting with little pokes as well to mix up my intent. Momentum carries great advantages, I try to keep mine going and make it feel akward as possible for the opponent.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The Liu Kang player clearly had his mind set on giving you the ol' f12 lol. Wait until you play someone that has great spacing equipped with b312. Or someone who actually anti airs.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
LOL yea that d4 is +12 on hit and he immediately went to f12 and he still jumped out...must of been a laggy ass connection.
He was ducking, so it wasn't +12. It was still + on hit, but less than +12.

Still, it is pretty bad to be jumping after a poke. lolonlinewarriors.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
The Liu Kang player clearly had his mind set on giving you the ol' f12 lol. Wait until you play someone that has great spacing equipped with b312. Or someone who actually anti airs.
only madzin can anti-air you online consistantly o-o

Spletty

Grandmaster
So I thought maybe these guys were just being mean.. Then I watched the video. This isn't a "how to". I'm sure your Shang is fine. But this is just a match of your babying some terrible Liu online. And holy pissballs do you guys jump a lot. Plus 221 isn't shang's best starter.

kanaida

I take freddy pretty consistently :). Only kl33tah has a damn good freddy that i've seen. He's got his claws and all kinds of fireballs on lock, right on par with shang.

I realize he doesn't look 'excellent' at fighting, just keep in mind that he barely had a chance to attack so you couldn't really see if he was good or not to begin with. The harder lui's, the 3,2,1, 1,2,3 etc... same thing works. Jumping over him is the best (Unless he's an AA god) because i can counter or steal. Stealing is fun because you can do that +extra damage right back to him. There's been about 1 or 2 liu's that are better, using the AA punches etc... blocking then using pokes can release you , follow with an EX steal or evade. If he's got an X-Ray, low poke with 3 when up close as he will cartwheel over you. For guys you completely cannot avoid, stealing is the way to go. Even going shot for shot will be favorable, although it's better when you can nail him in bigger strings. Since he likes to do bicycle kicks when he gets up, I often dash towards him when he's just been knocked down, then jumping over him. He misses and leaves himself open for a bit, just be careful not to do this if he does a roll recovery because he will hit you with that little bit of extra space. Substitute by ducking or blocking.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I take freddy pretty consistently :). Only kl33tah has a damn good freddy that i've seen. He's got his claws and all kinds of fireballs on lock, right on par with shang.

I realize he doesn't look 'excellent' at fighting, just keep in mind that he barely had a chance to attack so you couldn't really see if he was good or not to begin with. The harder lui's, the 3,2,1, 1,2,3 etc... same thing works. Jumping over him is the best (Unless he's an AA god) because i can counter or steal. Stealing is fun because you can do that +extra damage right back to him. There's been about 1 or 2 liu's that are better, using the AA punches etc... blocking then using pokes can release you , follow with an EX steal or evade. If he's got an X-Ray, low poke with 3 when up close as he will cartwheel over you. For guys you completely cannot avoid, stealing is the way to go. Even going shot for shot will be favorable, although it's better when you can nail him in bigger strings. Since he likes to do bicycle kicks when he gets up, I often dash towards him when he's just been knocked down, then jumping over him. He misses and leaves himself open for a bit.
LOL dude , hes not even his main or second character , try to beat some real freddy player who mains him :)

kanaida

I'll post some more footage actually in-combo, avoiding getting hit repeatedly. Also keep in mind i said 'annoying' not incredible lol.

kanaida

If you got xbox live i'm always open to friendly challenges ;) I never turn down challengers.

kanaida

Of course. I'll be home from work at around 1am. But any late night I'm on. I try to do about 20-30 matches before sleep each day, cause it relieves work stress lol. some weekends I play with my girl as tag partner, she's a pretty brutal bezerker :)

Shang matches are interesting. Very agressive.