What's new

How would you envision a perfect 3D MK?

Issen

Legendary Scrub
Sorry if this is supposed to be a 'dead' subforum or whatever, I'm just curious.

So, I completely missed the 3D MK boat for a couple of reasons:
1. When I played them, I had no idea that fighters were played competitively (MK doesn't really have a scene here in Brisbane)
2. I didn't sign up for this website until after Injustice dropped.

That said, I did have a lot of fun with the 3D MK games, even though they weren't exactly a high point for the series. Trawling through some of Check's old footage (watching a Tom Brady vs Check set in MKDA), I've noticed that, like most fighters I played in my early teens, there was a lot more to it than I had first realised (I don't know if that's saying much but whatever).

I understand that MKDA is the 'competitive standard' title for 3D MK games, but there were certain problems with that game as well, right?

My question here is twofold, really.
First, what certain features, glitches, design choices or whatever made the 3D MK games so 'broken' (as I often hear they are)?

Second, if NRS were to make another 3D MK game, how would you want it? How much would it be based on MKDA, if at all? What problems would you like to see fixed? In general, what would it take for a 3D MK game to be on the same competitive standard set by MK9 and Injustice?

Disclaimer: I'm aware that you probably want MK to stick to 2D, and that UMK3/MK9 is good etc. and I understand that. I'm not suggesting that MK go back to 3D, I'm really just wondering what made the 3D MKs so 'bad' and what it would take to make them 'good'.